The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.
1698999421741.png
TOUGHER SEAT COVERS now available for the Ineos Grenadier.

At TOUGHER, we understand the essence of rugged, reliable vehicles like the Ineos vehicle. Our commitment to quality and durability drives us to create exceptional seat covers and accessories, engineered to safeguard your Ineos’s interior, even in the harshest of conditions. With Tougher, your vehicle’s upholstery remains as resilient as the day it rolled off the assembly line, ensuring that your Ineos and our products are the perfect match.

TOUGHER FABRIC
Tougher Seat Covers are meticulously crafted from a 100% Tough Polycotton Canvas material, renowned for its unparalleled strength and resilience. Comprising 100% authentic cotton, this fabric not only offers a refreshing, breathable, and comfortable feel but also benefits from the unique polycotton blend, reinforcing dimensional stability and preventing unsightly shrinkage. What sets our fabric apart is its specialized water-repellent coating, delivering an additional layer of defense against the elements, further enhancing its durability and ensuring your Ineos stays in prime condition throughout your adventures and daily journeys.
We also offer 100% Cotton Canvas options in Dove Grey and Light Khaki.

INEOS Tougher Seat Covers are available in:

- Tough Polycotton Charcoal fabric / Check it out Instagram reel & Charcoal video here.
- Tough Polycotton Light Khaki fabric / Check images below and the reels here and here.
- 100% Cotton Canvas in Dove Grey? Check it out Dove Grey images
- 100% Cotton Canvas in Light Khaki / Check it out Light Khaki seat covers here
(Please note the lead time is 7 to 10 days from date of order confirmation.)

We are based in South Africa, Cape Town, offering exceptional service and highly competitive pricing.
Contact Bryan with any queries regarding shipping and quotes: info@tougher.co.za / 021 879 3304 / www.tougher.co.za

We look forward to hearing from you.
Tougher Team

Attachments

• ineo 7.jpg
    ineo 7.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 377
  • inos 9.jpg
    inos 9.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 365
  • inoes 9.jpg
    inoes 9.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 344
  • inoe 10.jpg
    inoe 10.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 359
  • Ineous G.jpg
    Ineous G.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 366
  • Ineous 2.jpg
    Ineous 2.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 378
  • Ineous .jpg
    Ineous .jpg
    118 KB · Views: 373
  • ineos 8.jpg
    ineos 8.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 369
  • ineos 5.jpg
    ineos 5.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 361
  • Ineos Grenadier Pricing.png
    Ineos Grenadier Pricing.png
    698.6 KB · Views: 125
  • Tougher Ineos Grenadier Info.png
    Tougher Ineos Grenadier Info.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 135
  • Tough Polycottom Light Khaki.jpg
    Tough Polycottom Light Khaki.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 53
  • Ineos Colours .jpg
    Ineos Colours .jpg
    480.6 KB · Views: 47
  • Light Khaki Polycotton (12).jpg
    Light Khaki Polycotton (12).jpg
    353 KB · Views: 38
  • Light Khaki Polycotton (11).jpg
    Light Khaki Polycotton (11).jpg
    383.5 KB · Views: 35
  • Light Khaki Polycotton (10).jpg
    Light Khaki Polycotton (10).jpg
    291.4 KB · Views: 35
  • Light Khaki Polycotton (9).jpg
    Light Khaki Polycotton (9).jpg
    260.5 KB · Views: 35
  • Light Khaki Polycotton (8).jpg
    Light Khaki Polycotton (8).jpg
    346.2 KB · Views: 39
  • Light Khaki Polycotton.jpg
    Light Khaki Polycotton.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 39
  • Light Khaki Polycotton (3).jpg
    Light Khaki Polycotton (3).jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 36
  • Light Khaki Polycotton (7).jpg
    Light Khaki Polycotton (7).jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 35
  • Light Khaki Polycotton (5).jpg
    Light Khaki Polycotton (5).jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 37
  • Light Khaki Polycotton (2).jpg
    Light Khaki Polycotton (2).jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 50
  • JMMsonya7r3--41548-20240315.jpg
    JMMsonya7r3--41548-20240315.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 8
  • JMMsonya7r3--41553-20240315.jpg
    JMMsonya7r3--41553-20240315.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 8
  • JMMsonya7r3--41606-20240315.jpg
    JMMsonya7r3--41606-20240315.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 8
  • JMMsonya7r3--41699-20240315.jpg
    JMMsonya7r3--41699-20240315.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 7
  • JMMsonya7r3--41723-20240315.jpg
    JMMsonya7r3--41723-20240315.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 7
  • JMMsonya7r3--41525-20240315.jpg
    JMMsonya7r3--41525-20240315.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 6
  • JMMsonya7r3--41519-20240315.jpg
    JMMsonya7r3--41519-20240315.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 7
  • JMMsonya7r3--41644-20240315.jpg
    JMMsonya7r3--41644-20240315.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 7
  • JMMsonya7r3--41555-20240315.jpg
    JMMsonya7r3--41555-20240315.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 7
  • JMMsonya7r3--41646-20240315.jpg
    JMMsonya7r3--41646-20240315.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:03 AM
Reaction score
Hi there, see attached image with the 3 colours next to each other. As you can see the Charcoal is quite dark where as the Dove Grey is a lot lighter. People who are worried about stains etc usually go for the Charcoal but they all look great. I suppose it depends on what you after. The African look would be the Khaki and the Grey goes well with the interior. Hard to choose :) I hope this helps.
Tatum
Fantastic - thank you. TBH it's down to the two shades of grey, just trying to match the interior at this point, which seems to be the charcoal.

flynnsk

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:03 AM
Reaction score
Fantastic - thank you. TBH it's down to the two shades of grey, just trying to match the interior at this point, which seems to be the charcoal.
Same, I decided to go with the Charcoal (as much as I love the safari/khaki look), as will closely match the rest of the interior (and less prone to show stains)

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I have the Khaki cotton seat covers (from another manufacturer) and love them in tandem with the saddle leather steering wheel pack. I hopefully solved any future issues with staining by giving them a good coating of Scotchguard heavy duty stain and waterproof spray. Time will tell but they help lighten up the cabin area, and give the safari look which is essential driving around Shropshire 😂

Hint - if you use the scotchguard spray do it when you have plenty of time to let the vehicle air afterwards, as they off gassed a strong solvent smell for a good couple of days afterwards. Not great to drive for a short while after unless you are a glue sniffer !!

lagartoboy

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
INEOS Tougher Seat Covers and Dash Cover on a 10% Christmas Special from the 1st December to 15th December.
Available in Tough Polycotton Charcoal fabric and made to order in the 100% Traditional Cotton Canvas in Light Khaki and Dove Grey.
Email your order to info@tougher.co.za and send the code Ineos10.
Tatum, I may have missed a response to this topic, but are the Tougher covers compliant with the airbags embedded in the front seats?
Thanks.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Tatum, I may have missed a response to this topic, but are the Tougher covers compliant with the airbags embedded in the front seats?
Thanks.
The front seats do not have airbags in them.
I was WRONG!

1702221192688.png

Last edited:

lagartoboy

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
The front seats do not have airbags in them.
Hey Krabby. Are you sure? Look for another thread “Seat Covers” which discusses this. Gaston the Grenadier confirmed with dealer that the front seats do have airbags. And the OEM seat covers have an “airbag” tag with slits built in to allow deployment.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hey Krabby. Are you sure? Look for another thread “Seat Covers” which discusses this. Gaston the Grenadier confirmed with dealer that the front seats do have airbags. And the OEM seat covers have an “airbag” tag with slits built in to allow deployment.
My point of reference was when @Tomd took apart his seat.

Lumbar

lagartoboy

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
My point of reference was when @Tomd took apart his seat.

Lumbar
Hmm. I like the Tougher seat cover offering too, but for any of us ordering after market seat covers this needs to be sorted out with certainty. Especially if you love your passengers😍.

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:03 AM
Reaction score
Hmm. I like the Tougher seat cover offering too, but for any of us ordering after market seat covers this needs to be sorted out with certainty. Especially if you love your passengers😍.
My intent on seat covers is to leave the back one on for the dog, and use the front ones when off road.

flynnsk

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:03 AM
Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_6355.gif
    IMG_6355.gif
    949.4 KB · Views: 14

flynnsk

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ah I should know better, when in doubt check Owners Manual :

OCCUPANT RESTRAINT SYSTEM
The Occupant Restraint System is designed to protect the occupants of the vehicle in a variety of impact conditions. The system consists of:
--Driver and front passenger safety belts with pre-tensioner(s) and load limiting systems.
--Rear seat belts.
--Dual stage driver and passenger airbags.
--Curtain airbags on both sides of the vehicle.
--Thorax airbags both sides of the vehicle. (Driver and front passenger only)

The vehicle is fitted with an Airbag Control Module (ACM) tomeasure the seat occupancy conditions. Using a deploymentmatrix, the ACM calculates if and where the airbags need to bedeployed.

lagartoboy

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Ah I should know better, when in doubt check Owners Manual :

OCCUPANT RESTRAINT SYSTEM
The Occupant Restraint System is designed to protect the occupants of the vehicle in a variety of impact conditions. The system consists of:
--Driver and front passenger safety belts with pre-tensioner(s) and load limiting systems.
--Rear seat belts.
--Dual stage driver and passenger airbags.
--Curtain airbags on both sides of the vehicle.
--Thorax airbags both sides of the vehicle. (Driver and front passenger only)

The vehicle is fitted with an Airbag Control Module (ACM) tomeasure the seat occupancy conditions. Using a deploymentmatrix, the ACM calculates if and where the airbags need to bedeployed.
Thanks. Thorax airbags on the side of the front seats (the door sides) matches the accessory brochure picture that shows the “airbag” label on the seat covers at those locations. I think we need to be careful about buying aftermarket seat covers. Logically you would think slits there would allow the airbags to deploy, but testing would need to be done which would be expensive for those vendors.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I just combed through a handful of threads and some say there are airbags in the front seats and others say the exact opposite.

@Mossy Ineos Grenadier TX can you set the record straight? Does the Ineos Grenadier have SEAT MOUNTED airbags installed into the Recaro seats?

Last edited:

flynnsk

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks. Thorax airbags on the side of the front seats (the door sides) matches the accessory brochure picture that shows the “airbag” label on the seat covers at those locations. I think we need to be careful about buying aftermarket seat covers. Logically you would think slits there would allow the airbags to deploy, but testing would need to be done which would be expensive for those vendors.
It's my understanding that Thorax are interior (seat mounted) and Curtain are mounted on the body. Seems that IG has both

Edit: both are meant to offer protection from the side, it's how/where deployed from.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi guys. Enclosed are 2 photos from the German Owner´s Manual. It describes that the side chest airbags are located in the front driver and front passenger seats. I hope this helps to clarify.

Attachments

• IMG_3358.jpg
    IMG_3358.jpg
    732.3 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3357.jpg
    IMG_3357.jpg
    662.1 KB · Views: 28

lagartoboy

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Hi guys. Enclosed are 2 photos from the German Owner´s Manual. It describes that the side chest airbags are located in the front driver and front passenger seats. I hope this helps to clarify.
Thanks for sharing Rovie. Yes, #3 on the illustration you provided does indeed verify that the thorax airbags are imbedded in the outside wings of the driver and passenger seats. Apparently the original equipment seat cover option accounted for this and those covers are noted with an “airbag” tag. I don’t see that the after market vendors (M&M, Tougher,etc.) have designed their covers for this. I would think they they should include slits, probably velcroed to the seats, to allow for deployment. But they should also be tested. I think that it is likely that folks who have installed after market seat covers have at the least disabled the thorax airbags, and worst case made them dangerous (if a bag fills up in a hundredth of a second but it is constrained by a cover does it blow up, or does it have enough energy to shred the seat cover)? Not trying to be an alarmist, but until these aftermarket vendors provide verification that their seat covers are designed (and tested) for this, you may want to consider removing those seat covers. Bummer because I was about to order the Tougher covers.

Back
Top Bottom