The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Total cost at the driveway

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
12:17 AM
Reaction score
> If you do some digging around you’ll find they’re working with European companies.

It's my job.

It is a fundamental missunderstanding that a payment gatway has to interact with the frontend software.

It's the frontend software which has to interact with the payment gateway.

OG1

Local time
6:17 PM
Reaction score
emax said:
> If you do some digging around you’ll find they’re working with European companies.

It's my job.

It is a fundamental missunderstanding that a payment gatway has to interact with the frontend software.

It's the frontend software which has to interact with the payment gateway.

OG1

Local time
6:17 PM
Reaction score
Having spent a lot of time on the phone with senior members of their CS team. That’s not what I have been told. So someone is being misinformed. Maybe me. I was told payment gateway pings (commerce) SAP & this is where issue was. Has since worked for me.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:17 AM
Reaction score
Tazzieman said:

Yep, that's the State Govt scam... Qld is the same. They charge stamp duty on the 'total price' including GST and LCT minus rego and CTP. Thus it's a tax upon a tax...which the GST was supposed to get rid of. Once the 'total price'  exceeds 100K...even by 1 cent the Qld Stamp duty jumps by $2K! So I've ordered a basic IG wagon with a couple of assembly line options and will figure the rest later...

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
emax said:
I bet the website programming was outsourced.

Offers form India are always tempting but the results are never.
I heard it was Ukraine. Don't be too harsh on that country right now.Porsche , Audi and VW have had to stop production because Ukraine makes the wiring looms.

Greg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The response from my enquiry re LCT 

Thank you very much for contacting INEOS Automotive.  The price you see when you press "Order now" includes luxury car tax. If our talks with the ATO are successful this will be refunded back to the customers account.INEOS believe that there is a good chance that we will get the LCT removed if not not reduced because some other car companies have been successful in doing so in the past and we hope to have the same success

A "Good Chance" but not confident enough to just not charge customers....
Will they also refund any stamp duty charged on that LCT?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Greg userid=8995637 postid=1332735389]The response from my enquiry re LCT 

Thank you very much for contacting INEOS Automotive.  The price you see when you press "Order now" includes luxury car tax. If our talks with the ATO are successful this will be refunded back to the customers account.INEOS believe that there is a good chance that we will get the LCT removed if not not reduced because some other car companies have been successful in doing so in the past and we hope to have the same success

A "Good Chance" but not confident enough to just not charge customers....
Will they also refund any stamp duty charged on that LCT?[/QUOTE]
I don't think they could legally not charge it.
It is better than them not including it and then hitting you up with an extra $10K LCT down the track

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Here in the UK the talk this week was all about interest rate increases with house mortgages, but there's got to be a near equal impact on car loans. The delay in production means a real term cost increase for those who have been unable to fix their deal.

I'm reading some data from the US that says car loan rates are highest for 3 years:

"The average annual percentage rate (APR) on new financed vehicles in Q3 2022 climbed to 5.7% for the first time since Q3 2019.

The average amount financed for new vehicles hit an all-time record high in Q3 2022, climbing to $41,347 — compared to $40,602 in Q2 2022 and $38,315 in Q3 2021.

The average monthly payment stayed above $700 every month in Q3.

14.3% of consumers who financed a new vehicle purchase in Q3 2022 committed to a monthly payment of $1,000 or more — the highest level that Edmunds has on record — compared to 12.2% in Q2 2022 and 8.3% in Q3 2021."

I purchased a vehicle from Mercedes using Mercedes finance in 2018. they told me the interest rate was 9.7% and my repayments were $1,200 per month.
I told them that the interest rate should start with a 5 and the repayments needed to be under $800.
On a business use loan I ended up with 5.62% and $692 a month with a 27% balloon over 5 years.
Everything is negotiable

Back
Top Bottom