The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Tool kit

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:06 AM
Reaction score
Two other quick q's - which craftsman socket and bit driver set is that - looks very slick!

The V series tools are based on Facom stuff from Europe, the Facom is better quality.

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:06 AM
Reaction score

The V series tools are based on Facom stuff from Europe, the Facom is better quality.
Thanks so much!

FieldMonster

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
The tool roll has arrived.There is no point in taking any photos as the website shows everything.

But I am positively surprised by the quality. It feels good and valuable. The fabric is thick and robust, the seams appear durable. Given how I use it, it should last for many years. And you can easily tie the roll together and transport it using the handle.

I like it.

For less than 20 Euros (!) per piece it was a good buy. I bought two of these so the shipping per unit was less.

It btw. seems to be a UK product (or is at least available in the UK):

Thank you for the UK link. Arrived recently. Less than £30 delivered and I can confirm the quality is really good. Much nicer to use than the OEM roll.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:06 PM
Reaction score
There’s a pair of ratcheting clamps for pinching hoses in my kit. As well as the ratcheting pliers to expand modern constant pressure hose clips. Best of both worlds. No more jubilees :)
I bought a triad of clamps ; one has a long cable for getting to those little bastards where hands don't fit!
I've skinned my fair share of knuckles on awkwardly placed jubilee clips of a host of last century cars. The IG is the first one I've had with the newstyle clamps . Much easier to pack the correct tool for these.

Baron von Teuchter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yikes those are pricey! No doubt well made, but I'd be quite upset the first time I accidentally tipped a $500+ socket box out in the mud in the back of beyond and found all but one or two pieces! For high quality but lower price, folks might want to look at Bluepoint tools - they are SnapOn's industrial label so you get fairly good quality for the tools.

I've never found an OEM toolkit to do what I need, but what I think this forum could do quite handily is a "crowdsourced" version of what I have done for my own tools: Every time I have to fix something on my bike, I ONLY use the tools on my bike. If I don't have that tool on my bike, I go buy that tool so that I always have it with me. The end result is a toolkit that is customized to my specific needs for my specific vehicle, that only has tools for the fasteners on my rig and none of the extra stuff.

As a community, we could all keep track of the tools we need to reach for and create a shared Master List of all the wrenches, sockets, and specialty tools that the Grenadier driver needs to have. Within a year or two, everything from oil changes to engine swaps will be covered. If folks think this would be handy, it should be easy enough to setup a Google Form to capture the information.
You’d be even more upset if it was a $3000 snap-on socket set 😉🤣

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
6:06 AM
Reaction score
Yes, prices are volatile.

But compared with other rolls your price is still good value for the money. The quality convinces.

I think I had postetd my price before - and bought two of them (so half the shipping per piece).

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I love a good range of tools, however sometimes feel it's not my vehicle that will benefit.
Anyway I'm re-reading Captain Peter Townsend's book, a solo 57,000 mile trip around the world in a Land Rover in 1956.
Seems the Landy was quite reliable 😊
1000015308.jpg

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I love a good range of tools, however sometimes feel it's not my vehicle that will benefit.
Anyway I'm re-reading Captain Peter Townsend's book, a solo 57,000 mile trip around the world in a Land Rover in 1956.
View attachment 7843256
All things were built different back then, including Captain Peter by the sounds of it!

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’m surprised he didn’t use his spade. We’ve used our mini spade to dig holes to do the necessary when camped in the bush on many occasion.
Maybe they didn’t think it was necessary to bury your poo back then 😳😂😂

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I’m surprised he didn’t use his spade. We’ve used our mini spade to dig holes to do the necessary when camped in the bush on many occasion.
Maybe they didn’t think it was necessary to bury your poo back then 😳😂😂
Wait? You have to bury it? I just carry a tube around.

Fab

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
View attachment 7843256
Thanks for the tip. A new book for me.

Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. A new book for me.
Hi Fab, an excellent book for all people, who love to go hunting big game, photo shooting big game in southern Africa, is Jock of the Bushveld by Sir Fitzpatrick, may be the most famous book in South Africa. It describes real life about 180 years ago in southern Africa. Ox-wagon trains from Mozambique to the gold fields in the Drakensberge. Every White man, who grew up in South Africa, knows the story. It`s not a book only for children! It was great reading for me, being in SA with my Defender. I have to reread it again.
Greetings Hans!

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Fab, an excellent book for all people, who love to go hunting big game, photo shooting big game in southern Africa, is Jock of the Bushveld by Sir Fitzpatrick, may be the most famous book in South Africa. It describes real life about 180 years ago in southern Africa. Ox-wagon trains from Mozambique to the gold fields in the Drakensberge. Every White man, who grew up in South Africa, knows the story. It`s not a book only for children! It was great reading for me, being in SA with my Defender. I have to reread it again.
Greetings Hans!
just bought a 1911 edition for £12.
danke (y)

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
9:06 PM
Reaction score
Forgetting an axe would be almost unexcusable in my book. Edged tools do double duty when a firearm isn't practical.

I left a small pocket knife by a river where I had lunch one day about 150 miles from home. I went back the next day and found it.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Wow, I think it was a very good bargain! I had to pay in Sabie/South Afrika for a 1974 edition with the famous illustrations 28 Euro! But it is really worth it! Enjoy it! Hans
that's what I thought too. ebay special so will see if ok when it arrives next week.

Back
Top Bottom