The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Tool kit

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:57 AM
Reaction score
looks good value

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
5:57 AM
Reaction score
We'll see. I'm waiting for my order.

I'd like to have some bigger ones, but they cost so little money that I've ordered two of them.

crimson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:57 PM
Reaction score
Good Day All,

Can I please get your help to summarise key essential tools that you'd recommend to all Grenadier owners, whether experienced or not in repairs, to carry with them.

I know I have to start somewhere, so best to get the right tools from the start and improve my knowledge as we go.

Thanks,
Crimson

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Apart from changing a wheel or moving panels/seats on the inside, there's very little the average owner, no matter how experienced, can do or might need to do with this vehicle in terms of repairs... and especially since there's no sign of a workshop manual of any description...:mad:
It's a matter of risk assessment... preventive maintenance at regular service intervals and you should not require any more than what's provided in the tool roll under the driver seat... except perhaps for a simple beam-type tension wrench to get the correct torque when replacing wheel nuts in case you need to change a wheel..... and you are tall/strong enough to manhandle 40kg of wheel/tyre off/onto the rear door carrier💪 I'm contemplating a small block and tackle from the rear roof bar to achieve this....

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I'm contemplating a small block and tackle from the rear roof bar to achieve this....
Easier: Just stand there and look helpless. Some young buck will come along and show you his muscles :D Hint : pack a sexy blonde wig to get their attention.

crimson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Apart from changing a wheel or moving panels/seats on the inside, there's very little the average owner, no matter how experienced, can do or might need to do with this vehicle in terms of repairs... and especially since there's no sign of a workshop manual of any description...:mad:
It's a matter of risk assessment... preventive maintenance at regular service intervals and you should not require any more than what's provided in the tool roll under the driver seat... except perhaps for a simple beam-type tension wrench to get the correct torque when replacing wheel nuts in case you need to change a wheel..... and you are tall/strong enough to manhandle 40kg of wheel/tyre off/onto the rear door carrier💪 I'm contemplating a small block and tackle from the rear roof bar to achieve this....
Thanks for the above insight. I don't think there are many of us in the forum who could manhandle the rear wheel tyre. I'll take Tassiemans wise wisdom and invest in a blonde wig 😂

Local time
Reaction score
Lift and lock.jpg
Good idea. One of these lift and lock systems may good for lifting a tyre and other stuff from the back of a car. Just require a good attachment point to easily manipulate the load without damaging the car or yourself.

Local time
1:27 PM
Reaction score
Good Day All,

Can I please get your help to summarise key essential tools that you'd recommend to all Grenadier owners, whether experienced or not in repairs, to carry with them.

I know I have to start somewhere, so best to get the right tools from the start and improve my knowledge as we go.

Thanks,
Crimson
For remote travel I carry an extensive tool kit sockets, spanners, screw drivers, welding glass to tape on cardboard to make a welding mask and rods for arc welding with the use of dual batteries ( Trialmaster ) jumper leads and an additional short lead, ( some practice required ), soldering iron and solder with wire, fuses insulation tape Lindstrom diags, hack saw with multiple blades, clamps steel spade with tubular steel handle so it can be cut up and used for fabrication as well as used as a shovel, hammer OBD tool, fuel hose, belts, radiator hose oil, brake fluid nuts and bolts, liquid steel, stainless cable ties, normal cable ties, fuel filter oil filter air cleaner, multimeter, cordless drill, torque wrench etc.
And all up adding surprisingly little weight, as most things having multiple uses, and as with many other similar forum members almost always used to repair other peoples vehicles.

Last edited:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
For remote travel I carry an extensive tool kit sockets, spanners, screw drivers, welding glass to tape on cardboard to make a welding mask and rods for arc welding with the use of dual batteries ( Trialmaster ) jumper leads and an additional short lead, ( some practice required ), soldering iron and solder with wire, fuses insulation tape Lindstrom diags, hack saw with multiple blades, clamps steel spade with tubular steel handle so it can be cut up and used for fabrication as well as used as a shovel, hammer OBD tool, fuel hose, belts, radiator hose oil, brake fluid nuts and bolts, liquid steel, stainless cable ties, normal cable ties, fuel filter oil filter air cleaner, multimeter, cordless drill, torque wrench etc.
And all up adding surprisingly little weight, as most things having multiple uses, and as with many other similar forum members almost always used to repair other peoples vehicles.
Hmm, that's a comprehensive kit. (y)

But how about a satellite phone and a credit card?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Back to tools.

Does anybody have a tool roll from this brand?

The tool roll has arrived.There is no point in taking any photos as the website shows everything.

But I am positively surprised by the quality. It feels good and valuable. The fabric is thick and robust, the seams appear durable. Given how I use it, it should last for many years. And you can easily tie the roll together and transport it using the handle.

I like it.

For less than 20 Euros (!) per piece it was a good buy. I bought two of these so the shipping per unit was less.

It btw. seems to be a UK product (or is at least available in the UK):

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I've been informed (by dealer) it is 21mm. But have not tried my socket yet to confirm!!
Size for wheel nuts is 21mm .

Latest addition to the car kit is the spinning wrench for the wheel nuts. ( not shown the 21mm wheel nut socket already in the car )

Attachments

• IMG_8082.jpeg
    IMG_8082.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 140

Fidei Defensor

Contract Signed
Local time
11:57 PM
Reaction score
Pretty much my thoughts. But I will be substituting, where necessary, the supplied tools with better ones (if, as reported, they are Chinaware...). I already have a dewalt battery impact wrench fitted with a torque limiter, a couple of 21mm sockets, a breaker bar backup (the battery is bound to be down when I want it!). And, if going remote, tire repair kit. Besides this,
- plenty of long zip ties to hold stuff (e.g. hoses, etc) in position if it/they becomes loose,
- a roll of decent (gorilla) duct tape
- a good voltmeter and selection of fuses
- Knipex adjustable wrench pliers set
- Set of Torx sockets
I'd be happy for people to add to this, based on "real world" in-field problems/repairs.....

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:57 PM
Reaction score
Can I ask who makes the zipper bag for under the seat?

Back
Top Bottom