The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Tool kit

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:25 AM
Reaction score
Hello guys ,

Anyone have proper pictures of the toolkit ? Could not see much on christian and Vera's video . I would gladly pay for a stahlwille proper toolkit made just for the grenadier . my nissan patrol came with a complete tool kit , included all the tools needed for maintenance tasks (not just a lug nut socket )

Thoughts ?

:)

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:25 PM
Reaction score
Hello guys ,

Anyone have proper pictures of the toolkit ? Could not see much on christian and Vera's video . I would gladly pay for a stahlwille proper toolkit made just for the grenadier . my nissan patrol came with a complete tool kit , included all the tools needed for maintenance tasks (not just a lug nut socket )

Thoughts ?

The one Vera showed was in a prototype vehicle and may have nothing to do with the real one, which I haven't seen anything on.
I assumed most buyers would already have, or will put together, their own tool kit.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
7:25 PM
Reaction score
Hello guys ,

Thoughts ?

I'll second stahlwille as great tools, they're very light for their spec and rating. Anyone concerned with weight and overlanding should seriously look into using them. They're on the pricy side but with a buy once mentality they work out well, especially as this is intended as a buy once vehicle...... at least thats my man maths.

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Yikes those are pricey! No doubt well made, but I'd be quite upset the first time I accidentally tipped a $500+ socket box out in the mud in the back of beyond and found all but one or two pieces! For high quality but lower price, folks might want to look at Bluepoint tools - they are SnapOn's industrial label so you get fairly good quality for the tools.

I've never found an OEM toolkit to do what I need, but what I think this forum could do quite handily is a "crowdsourced" version of what I have done for my own tools: Every time I have to fix something on my bike, I ONLY use the tools on my bike. If I don't have that tool on my bike, I go buy that tool so that I always have it with me. The end result is a toolkit that is customized to my specific needs for my specific vehicle, that only has tools for the fasteners on my rig and none of the extra stuff.

As a community, we could all keep track of the tools we need to reach for and create a shared Master List of all the wrenches, sockets, and specialty tools that the Grenadier driver needs to have. Within a year or two, everything from oil changes to engine swaps will be covered. If folks think this would be handy, it should be easy enough to setup a Google Form to capture the information.

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I’ll throw a dart in the dark …10mm? 🤣
The list will have the 10mm you need for working on it, and the seven spare 10mm because you'll inevitably misplace the first 6. That's enough for an oil change. Ineos will then offer a subscription service where you get a baker's dozen of 10mm sockets and wrenches every month delivered to your doorstep!

Jokes aside, I've no doubt 10mm will be in there - but I have to say, the fasteners on the IG look much beefier than I'm used to from what I can see!

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'll second stahlwille as great tools, they're very light for their spec and rating. Anyone concerned with weight and overlanding should seriously look into using them. They're on the pricy side but with a buy once mentality they work out well, especially as this is intended as a buy once vehicle...... at least thats my man maths.
Man maths check out!

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
wow they are expensive .😳 £560 for a sixteen piece 3/4” socket set on Amazon. I think I’ll stick with Halfords professional 👍range.
Never buy from amazon :) online there are greet deals at times . Amazon.de different story

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
4:25 AM
Reaction score
They're on the pricy side but with a buy once mentality they work out well,
You get what you pay for. Stahlwille belongs to the best stuff in my workshop.

This one is for example the very best 1/4" nutbox I've ever had, highly recommended. It's a sheer pleasure to take it in your hands and worth every cent:

https://www.contorion.de/p/stahlwille-40-13-6-steckschluessel-garnitur-1-4-vierkant-c70015567?$ps=1

stahlwille-1-4-6-3mm-steckschluesselsatz-nr-40-13-6-kn-19tlg-70015567x1-0-rbBXTtX4-xl.jpg

All parts are secured with a snap-in lock, you never lose a part in the canyons of an engine. And for the given quality, I don't even find it expensive, it's in fact literally 'price worthy'.

Last edited:

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

This one is for example the very best 1/4" nutbox I've ever had, highly recommended. It's a sheer pleasure to take it in your hands and worth every cent:

https://www.contorion.de/p/stahlwille-40-13-6-steckschluessel-garnitur-1-4-vierkant-c70015567?$ps=1

View attachment 7797700

All parts are secured with a snap-in lock, you never lose a part in the canyons of an engine. And for the given quality, I don't even find it expensive, it's in fact literally 'price worthy'.
Completely agree have a full set of their aviation Series best sockets out there ! Pb swiss for screwdrivers:)

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:25 PM
Reaction score
You certainly get what you pay for with tools. Obviously each country has its own best brands so it is nice to learn the brands other folks have. I’m a bit of a Snap-On nerd myself, although I am open to any quality product.

Disco Dave

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7797700

OMG, I think I want one. Am so over my cheapie 1/4 inch set.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7797700

Outstandingly clean and unscuffed.
I don't know how you do it!

Back
Top Bottom