The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

The Question Thread for 'Greg Clark INEOS Automotive USA Chat (webinar series)'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
5:54 AM
Reaction score
Ok so if we have a rolling cut and paste for the questions that would be best I think, any opinions then as always chime in.

1. For me is where are we in the process. Is it EPA compliant, are we done with the crash test? When can we expect delivery in NA to start? @ADVAW8S
2. Once the dealers are announced, can/will/how will buyers be protected from dealer markups? @Krabby
3. When will we know pricing? @bigjuicyhog (although this seems to be covered in the latest email)

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:54 PM
Reaction score
Isn't part of 1. expected delivery also covered in the recent email?

Norville

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
One question comes to mind:. Will we be able to select the dealer? The closest dealer may not be favorable due to experience, behavior, etc. The buyers should have full controll, we assume, on that selection.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
One question comes to mind:. Will we be able to select the dealer? The closest dealer may not be favorable due to experience, behavior, etc. The buyers should have full controll, we assume, on that selection.
In the UK we are able to chose the dealer (agent) of our choice, dont see why it'd be any different in the USA

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:54 AM
Reaction score
Since we won’t be buying directly from Ineos, we are free to select any dealer - whether local or distant.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:54 PM
Reaction score
Perhaps somewhat trivial, but I'd like Ineos to provide the cover plate for all vehicles ordered with the snorkel already installed. Will they do that? I plan on ordering the Trialmaster but want to remove the snorkel.
Wouldn't it be easier to just configure the base model up to the Trialmaster spec without the air intake.
You would miss out on the jacket that's all

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Perhaps somewhat trivial, but I'd like Ineos to provide the cover plate for all vehicles ordered with the snorkel already installed. Will they do that? I plan on ordering the Trialmaster but want to remove the snorkel.
It's a perennial question for many items, and you never really know until things land that it could go both ways. Locking wheel nuts are always a lottery ~ do you always get the takeoffs?

With the Grenadier, I can see the spare parts over the counter price for the exterior bump strips matching the cost of the utility belt if you want to swap back.

Traffic

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
I had similar issues with the website not accepting my questions due to a faulty zip code. After emailing Ineos about the issue, they suggested I just email them my questions. Here were my questions, followed by their response:
  1. Probably the most obvious, but when is it coming and how much will it cost?
  2. What does Ineos plan to do to prevent dealer markups?
  3. Will there be an opportunity to test drive production models in the US? How will Ineos do a better job of communicating opportunities to see and test drive the vehicles?
  4. When will we see real 3rd party reviews of production models? As nice as the guys from from TFL Tuck and Car Wow are, they really have no context for reviewing off-road vehicles. We'd like to see it in the hands of real users and overlanders like 4xOverland and 4WD 24-7

Thank you very much for contacting INEOS Automotive.

Firstly, we are expecting our US market to open in mid 2023. This will be when our order books open and customers are able to place their deposits. Once this has started, we will then be able to communicate customer's estimated delivery date depending on this information.

In terms of the pricing for the vehicle, we would also expect this information to come a little later in the year. This will be discussed via your retail partners and they will have all this information for you in due course.

Once, the dealerships do become available, you can find them on our website via the 'Buying' section. They are within an interactive map which is about half way down the page.

Link: Buying The Grenadier | INEOS Grenadier USA

We will not have control over the pricing for the Grenadier unfortunately.

We absolutely do aim to have test drives available for our customers in the new year. We do not have a specific timeframe of when they will be available yet however, once they do become available, we will be in touch with more information.

In terms of reviews, as the vehicle is still in production, we would expect more reviews to become available in the new year. You are able to attend events where you can see the prototype vehicle up close.

We are expecting lots of exciting new events to become available in the new year. Once they do become available, you can find them via our events page. Link: INEOS Grenadier | Events Listing (grenadierevents.com)

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,

Amanda

INEOS Grenadier Customer Service

Lemon35

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Once, the dealerships do become available, you can find them on our website via the 'Buying' section. They are within an interactive map which is about half way down the page.

This is a concern for me. Should the buying process follow the same format, I expect to pay another $4500 (in addition to the reservation already paid) for a build slot - while this applies to the overall vehicle cost it would be dramatically slowed by having to shop/deal with competing US dealers in the network. With a build slot potentially being dramatically delayed over haggling with a dealer who wants to add $$$$$ in the form of a dealer mark-up.

This would be my "worst case" most frustrating path to the vehicle delivery.

I imagine this also presents a strange catch 22 as these won't be on dealer lots for some time as everything will be factory order for several months of the deliveries to the North American market. So either a dealer wants to facilitate delivery and earn a nominal fee or they don't want business? Either way, not excited for this step of the process.

stickshifter

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
I had similar issues with the website not accepting my questions due to a faulty zip code. After emailing Ineos about the issue, they suggested I just email them my questions. Here were my questions, followed by their response:
  1. Probably the most obvious, but when is it coming and how much will it cost?
  2. What does Ineos plan to do to prevent dealer markups?
  3. Will there be an opportunity to test drive production models in the US? How will Ineos do a better job of communicating opportunities to see and test drive the vehicles?
  4. When will we see real 3rd party reviews of production models? As nice as the guys from from TFL Tuck and Car Wow are, they really have no context for reviewing off-road vehicles. We'd like to see it in the hands of real users and overlanders like 4xOverland and 4WD 24-7

Thank you very much for contacting INEOS Automotive.

Firstly, we are expecting our US market to open in mid 2023. This will be when our order books open and customers are able to place their deposits. Once this has started, we will then be able to communicate customer's estimated delivery date depending on this information.

In terms of the pricing for the vehicle, we would also expect this information to come a little later in the year. This will be discussed via your retail partners and they will have all this information for you in due course.

We absolutely do aim to have test drives available for our customers in the new year. We do not have a specific timeframe of when they will be available yet however, once they do become available, we will be in touch with more information.

In terms of reviews, as the vehicle is still in production, we would expect more reviews to become available in the new year. You are able to attend events where you can see the prototype vehicle up close.

We are expecting lots of exciting new events to become available in the new year. Once they do become available, you can find them via our events page. Link: INEOS Grenadier | Events Listing (grenadierevents.com)

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,

Amanda

INEOS Grenadier Customer Service
Hey Traffic,

Here is a 3rd party review that I think you might like. I found it better than the other stuff I've seen:

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I think its time to have a serious conversation on group buy with us concern of the mark up. I don't know if you saw my ealier post but I came across what might be the first USA Ineos dealer based in GA. Once dealers are announced, we need to identify a dealer or two base on proximity to highest number of Ineos buyers and talk to them about group buy at MSRP.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@Stu_Barnes has mentioned a group buy approach and I’m on board. It’s going to be interesting to see who IA pairs up with here. Hopefully we will know the dealer names in January.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:54 PM
Reaction score
Interesting discussion between Americans (oops - USA-Americans ... Brazilians and Canadians are also Americans) ... apparently dealers can ask what they want, not un-logical in our capitalistic market of course.
Perhaps find a dealer in the middle of the country then! Because driving from California to Texas to get a cheaper car is not that evident for everybody I guess?

Although, I was once on a plane from Chicago to El Paso, and my neighbor on the plane told me that El Paso (Texas) wasn't the USA anymore ... and he was from Chicago! :unsure:

stickshifter

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting discussion between Americans (oops - USA-Americans ... Brazilians and Canadians are also Americans) ... apparently dealers can ask what they want, not un-logical in our capitalistic market of course.
Perhaps find a dealer in the middle of the country then! Because driving from California to Texas to get a cheaper car is not that evident for everybody I guess?

Although, I was once on a plane from Chicago to El Paso, and my neighbor on the plane told me that El Paso (Texas) wasn't the USA anymore ... and he was from Chicago! :unsure:
As crazy as it sounds, people in the U.S. often travel considerable distance to buy a car, in order to avoid local markups or if they find a good deal far away. Our dealership model could really use an overhaul...

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The stealership model is both archaic and anti-consumer, and the fact that legislation protects these shady, greedy bastards makes it even worse.

That said, I‘d rather pay list and spend a few grand to go get the truck than dump that same few grand into some dealer’s pocket. Flights, hotels, gas, tolls, etc support the economy and provide value for service, as opposed to flat out robbery.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:54 PM
Reaction score
OK, I understand, everybody will drive to the "Mexican-American" dealer in El Paso to get his car, if his handling fee is the lowest! (y) I understand really, it's only half a joke! I would do the same, And by the way, I like to drive a car, but not on the motorway or in town in heavy traffic!

If Ineos tells me I can pick up my car in Hambach, I will do it, but I agree, it is only 5 hours driving for me! (for Belgians this is very far!)

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:54 PM
Reaction score
The stealership model is both archaic and anti-consumer, and the fact that legislation protects these shady, greedy bastards makes it even worse.

That said, I‘d rather pay list and spend a few grand to go get the truck than dump that same few grand into some dealer’s pocket. Flights, hotels, gas, tolls, etc support the economy and provide value for service, as opposed to flat out robbery.
Prior to COVID I never paid MSRP for a vehicle.
Always managed to haggle a discount and free fuel/extras

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom