The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

The Question Thread for 'Greg Clark INEOS Automotive USA Chat (webinar series)'

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:40 AM
Reaction score
Very concerning that INEOS will have no control over the pricing. Its the one thing they need to have control over. I expect many will drop off the reservation list with this approach. There are huge ADM add-ons by dealers based on demand and short supply so we will likely see $ 10K to 25K markups over MSRP until production picks up and demand goes down. There are many car flippers here that get early allocations and immediately sell the car on the secondary market.

For example a Base Mercedes G550 G wagon is getting 20 - 50K markup, G63 is 50 - 100K over MSRP with wait times of 1-2 years on a custom order.
Porsche has zero inventory of 911's in the showroom and theres wait times on Turbos / Turbo s vehicles is over 1.5 years with markups ranging from 25 - 100K over.
My neighbor just bought a new Ford Bronco and I believe he paid about 20K over. Ford Raptors are at least 25K over.
Even for fleet buyers like my company the best we can do on ordering 20 new Ford F250's a year is MSRP, where we were getting 10K under on fleet in the past.
The dealers here are out to make as much as they can and all the cool special models are getting big markups. If a rebuilt 110 defender 1993 model gets over 100K, what do you think will happen with this Grenadier?

Ominous sign, I wish they would control the price for the early reservation holders at a minimum. Going to another deals does not solve the problem as their wait times simply increase when everyone wants on the list, and then they start marking the vehicle up too.

The early advertising was in the 50- 60K range, now over 80K Euro and with markup 100K???

I hope they figure this part out, its not like the dealers you have in Europe where the price they list is what you pay.
I doubt Ineos will have the power to sort out US trading laws.
I guess in this respect the land of the free is not free to choose how they purchase something.

Local time
4:40 PM
Reaction score
I guess in this respect the land of the free is not free to choose how they purchase something.
Its simply supply and demand, we do get to shop around but in the automotive world and chip shortages etc the pricing is reflective of what someone is willing to pay. Grenadiier is behind in meeting their deliveries which drives up demand and pricing.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
1:40 AM
Reaction score
Yes, but that wasn't for you. ;-)

In particular for cars like a G550 or whichever super luxury toy, I think that it's sometimes just fair if bragging meets greedyness. :cool:

Local time
Reaction score
Another question id ask is what the agreement is with Bosch workshops for service and repairs and if it is any and all Bosch workshops you can take your Gren to.
I live ~9 hour drive from the likely closest dealer in Canada and only have one Bosch workshop which is 1.5 hour drive away.

Clunster

Production/Transit
Local time
12:40 AM
Reaction score

Greg Clark has confirmed vehicles will be sold at MSRP and INEOS will have contracts with it's dealers to protect customers paying over the odds. They have a zero tolerance approach to this sort of thing.

For example, when INEOS bought Belstaff staff initially got a decent discount on Belstaff kit until one employee decided to make a profit from using his discount code. He got found out, fired and the boss was so pissed off he closed the discount scheme entirely. Compare INEOS's approach to that of Ford and their tolerance of employees taking advantage of their staff and family scheme and you get an idea of how different the ethics are.

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:40 PM
Reaction score
I have a good bit of family in Youngstown Ohio USA (should have the full location there😀). They are always driving new vehicles for 2 years and then sell at a profit. I honestly don’t know where they are all getting them from but some friends and family discount I would assume. Always General Motors.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:40 AM
Reaction score
Another question id ask is what the agreement is with Bosch workshops for service and repairs and if it is any and all Bosch workshops you can take your Gren to.
I live ~9 hour drive from the likely closest dealer in Canada and only have one Bosch workshop which is 1.5 hour drive away.
1633006941386.jpeg
My understanding is that it's only going to be a handpicked few, rather than all of them. Ineos are investing time training staff, and there undoubtedly will be costs for the Bosch centre also.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Only a few days left to get the group questions together. Keep them coming. On Wednesday I’ll draft up the final list for anyone who wants to send it in.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:40 PM
Reaction score
Only a few days left to get the group questions together. Keep them coming. On Wednesday I’ll draft up the final list for anyone who wants to send it in.
Good idea - that way nothing gets overlooked.

jrchrds

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:40 PM
Reaction score
I think its time to have a serious conversation on group buy with us concern of the mark up. I don't know if you saw my ealier post but I came across what might be the first USA Ineos dealer based in GA. Once dealers are announced, we need to identify a dealer or two base on proximity to highest number of Ineos buyers and talk to them about group buy at MSRP.
Which one in Georgia? That's likely to be mine as well, if we are talking Atlanta. (I'm in Chattanooga.)

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Which one in Georgia? That's likely to be mine as well, if we are talking Atlanta. (I'm in Chattanooga.)
I don't know as they don't have a address listed yet

m-j

Local time
Reaction score
This is going to be my first time buying a car like this. I’ve always found the dealer with the make, model, color, etc that I want and would go to that specific location/s and make my purchase.

I guess, this is a long winded way of ask, will we be able to trade in our existing vehicles as part of the down payment?

MJ

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:40 AM
Reaction score
This is going to be my first time buying a car like this. I’ve always found the dealer with the make, model, color, etc that I want and would go to that specific location/s and make my purchase.

I guess, this is a long winded way of ask, will we be able to trade in our existing vehicles as part of the down payment?

MJ
I am here in Australia but no idea in the US
I will have about a 5 hour drive to get to the dealer so it will be easier to hand them the keys to mine and drive home in the new one.
My dealer doesn't sell cars so they will just wholesale it.
He told me that they will give me the money and I will give it to Ineos as I am buying directly from Ineos.
So kind of works more like a sale than a trade in.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
So after 4 pages of discussion and a trip to the southern Atlantic we have these questions so far.

If anybody thinks they have been answered then please chime in as I wouldn't like to waste Gregs time if we even get a passing glance, there's probably a lot of Grenadier information in the last few weeks that I've missed that may answer some of these I can't read it all, believe it or not I actually have a real job 😲

• Is it EPA compliant, are we done with the crash test?
  • Once the dealers are announced, can/will/how will buyers be protected from dealer markups?
  • When will we know pricing?
  • Will we be able to select the dealer?
  • Will a cover plate for all vehicles ordered with the snorkel already installed be provided to customers?
  • I’d like to ask what steps they will take to try and eliminate dealer markups in the USA and Canada.
  • What is the agreement is with Bosch workshops for service and repairs is any and all Bosch workshops in North America, as they are already few and far between in rural areas.
  • Will we be able to trade in our existing vehicles as part of the down payment?
  • When can we expect delivery in NA to start?

Local time
Reaction score
It says my Canada postal code is incorrect and won’t let me submit. Anyone else have that issue?

Local time
Reaction score
You may need to explain a bit more about what/who "it" is , and what you are trying to submit.
Sorry. When filling out the question form on the Ineos Grenadier website it is giving me an incorrect postal code error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom