The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

The official forum twitter account please ask INEOS thread, or not Poll. You decide, cast your vote.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
11:42 PM
Reaction score
In answer Stu, I did and that is no lie. They were asking me questions about the vehicle, so pointed them to here and said this is where they will get answers.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:42 PM
Reaction score
Genuine question ~ what benefit do I get out of entering my details?

I'll be chopping in my Defender for the Grenadier. Anyone similar will be near paranoid about sharing data of where they park their pride and joy.

It's not just whole vehicle thefts but people getting up in the morning to find bonnets and doors missing.

I'm struggling to see the benefits of an interactive database that may just give a lowlife a starter for 10 on a new "business" opportunity?
The door hinges are decorative, in addition to the screws they are attached to the doors with aircraft grade adhesive. So no stealing them. Not sure about the bonnet

Mitchell300

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:42 AM
Reaction score
Genuine question ~ what benefit do I get out of entering my details?

I'll be chopping in my Defender for the Grenadier. Anyone similar will be near paranoid about sharing data of where they park their pride and joy.

It's not just whole vehicle thefts but people getting up in the morning to find bonnets and doors missing.

I'm struggling to see the benefits of an interactive database that may just give a lowlife a starter for 10 on a new "business" opportunity?
Thank you for asking this, I’ve been struggling to understand the concept.

Local time
Reaction score
I have met dozens of people who have reserved or ordered a IG but know nothing about this forum.

I think we can all accept that the average age of buyers will put most owners in the ‘mature” bracket. Some are not bothered about forums like these and just buy what they want and others truly have no concept of forums and got to get on one let alone know how useful they are.

I think once these vehicles are seen on the streets then interst in this forum will rise dramatically. As and when I mention to people what I have ordered, by far the most common answer is. “Whats that”

we as a group are the sort of people if we were talking about Rolex watches would probably know every model, deleted models, movement references and different dial options for each model. Most other people know they own a Rolex but couldn’t even tell you what model they own.

I probably don’t make any sense but hopefully someone gets my point
I totally get your point. Based on your example, I'm also guessing you listen to Hodinkee and The Grey Nato pod casts. ;)

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
5:42 AM
Reaction score
@DCPU

Your question was
> what benefit do I get out of entering my details?
> and I'd hoped it would solicit a different answer

As you wouldn't have to publish any 'details' about you, your location, your name, and neither whether you are a Grenadier owner or not, this question asks about a benefit for something which isn't required.

It has thus no answer.

But don't worry, you have a choice: it's a voluntary contribution. :)

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Why
Maybe something has been lost in translation, but I'm really understanding the purpose of it?

If it's of no benefit to me, who is it benefiting?
Why does it have to benefit anyone? I find it interesting to see if there are other buyers in my area. I posted many of the Grenadier dealers so I guess that may benefit someone looking for one in the area they are driving through. Other than that it is just a bit of amusement.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Nothing got lost. You asked "what benefit do I get out of entering my details".

There are no details.

If you have a different question, e.g. "what benefit do I have from the GRUNT", then feel free to ask. :)

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Is there anybody who understands what is going on here.
It is jus obvious that emax liked the idea that everybody can see where are other enthusiasts are roughly located. In addition of course dealers and garages.
For me it seems to be a nice idea. If the active people here in the forum would not be a little overacting in favour of that new and untested car they would not write so much but would wait speechless until the order form arrives.
Is had been made clear that GRUNT wouldn’t have exact locations or real names if the people do not want to.
The question of benefits is not relevant as nobody has to sign in.
In my opinion the answer would be a clear NO THERE ARE NO BENEFITS FOR THE ONE WHO SIGNS IN
The benefits are for the one that can take the data and have s look on it.
But it doesn’t cost anyone anything to bring in his location roughly.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you bemax,

but I did consequently not answer a question which simply wants an explanation for something which is not there. I don't like somebody injecting a false statement into a harmless looking question.

If there had been a less biased question I'd have had no problem to answer it. But not that way.

As you, DCPU, are usually more exact with your postings, I simply suspect that you denied to correct your implicit "I have to unveil details" statement. And I don't play games like that.

To backup bemax' answer: If you just want to have a benefit, this is not for you. As simple as that.

It is, as others have said before, much less complicated: Entertainment, amusing. A visualization of a community - whether you find that useful or not. A way to understand where people live and why they have e.g. founded a group, as they live close to each other. An overview of the dealer coverage here and there. etc. etc.

There are some which contribute to this whilst others ask for their benefit. This tells me something, thank you very much.

But if you are scared that your doors and wheels might got stolen at night because you have placed a marker on some map, then I can't help you.

And every time a discussion doesn't work out as you want it to be, you point to a whatsoever 'attitude'. I call this a very subtle way of mobbing. If somebody experiences a deprecating 'attitude', and this happens repeatedly, it might be worth thinking about why this is so.

But I can help with the answer: whenever I have the feeling that you are trying to manipulate or steer a topic in your interest, I will respond in exactly the same way. You can then take that as a sure sign that I haven't been taken in by you.

And yes, I am always clear with what I have to say, playing games is not my style.

You're anyway welcome to the GRUNT, it's for everybody who wants to participate. :)

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Wow... there's a number of posts now where you have steered off the direct topic of Ineos Automotive & the Grenadier.

Frankly, it's not why I came to this forum.

I'll leave Grunt to the 34 of you...

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just 2 things on this thread, I'm more than happy to have joined the forum at a key moment. I do not use fb or twit.
As to grunt I am keeping low profit on where my fieldmaster will live for all rhe stated reasons.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
8:42 PM
Reaction score
Can we please get back to the original question in the topic title?

There's a thread for the GRUNT discussion here.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
8:42 PM
Reaction score
Ok so let’s give it a go and see if we get some engagement from INEOS. We just need to think of a burning question that won’t scare them off.

Thinking caps on people. A new thread will pop up tomorrow specifically for this.

A

Andy

I think any information we could get from an IG official is always welcome especially as it would confirm or not confirm the speculation that is currently surrounding so many things about the IG. The payment method on the AUS FB page last week was a perfect example , current literature gives the impression that the car must be paid for in full on contract signing . This is not the case. It is paid for at the dealer on delivery.

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
Reaction score
I hope you tell each and every one about the forum and the great group of people here, and when they say what's that to the Grenadier, you can point them to the forum to find out ;)
I can honestly say that everyone I have spoken to and has come into see me I've mentioned the forum to them, I think it's a great place to come and learn if you're just dipping your toe in the water for the first time.

crimson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Question: There is one visible feature of the G, that we all are very excited about, but which we have least knowledge on. The utility belt. I vote to request pictures/drawings and descriptions of the various utility belt accessories that are in development.

That will keep me day dreaming for a few more adventures.

Back
Top Bottom