The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

The Please Ask INEOS thread

Manuel4x4

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:20 PM
Reaction score
Thanks, we will have to find a place to put the compressor, it does not seem to fit in the engine

Local time
12:20 PM
Reaction score
Stu_Barnes said:
On a side note, there’s a section in the individual profile for HAM call signs now. 
Yep, I think a HAM radio will be going in mine. Together with a cellphone booster to persuade the wife to get out more. I know not ideal but it all helps. 

Nice. Thanks for adding that.

WA7WFH

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
No sweat. Little things like they are easy, the bigger things about the interface etc of the forum are a bit harder. 
Anyway I’m hijacking’s the please ask INEOS thread, so back to business. 
stu. 

Ipe

Local time
Reaction score
I'd like to see a heated steering wheel. 
For many, they'll consider it a "luxury" that is not needed. From my perspective a heated steering wheel is a tool. It allows me to work longer hours and be more productive. I own a small home renovation company and frequently have to work in the cold. Two trucks ago I purchased my first Ford SuperDuty and the option package I selected had a heated wheel. I bought it in the summer and though I'll never use that. Oh, how I was WRONG. Getting into the truck and holding that wheel and warming your frozen hands is perhaps the best thing ever, and yes, I'm considering all the things an adult experiences. It is that good. So, seeing as Ineos is marketing the Grenadier essentially as a tool, this is a feature that tool should have.  
Ineos, you've already got heated seats. I hope you'll have a heated wheel too. 

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:20 PM
Reaction score
Ipe said:
For many, they'll consider it a "luxury" that is not needed. From my perspective a heated steering wheel is a tool. It allows me to work longer hours and be more productive. I own a small home renovation company and frequently have to work in the cold. Two trucks ago I purchased my first Ford SuperDuty and the option package I selected had a heated wheel. I bought it in the summer and though I'll never use that. Oh, how I was WRONG. Getting into the truck and holding that wheel and warming your frozen hands is perhaps the best thing ever, and yes, I'm considering all the things an adult experiences. It is that good. So, seeing as Ineos is marketing the Grenadier essentially as a tool, this is a feature that tool should have.  

Are you saying heated a steering wheel is better than sex?  ???

No harm in having it as an option I suppose, but not something I'd ever spec! As long as the blowers are good and crank out some heat, we're all good. 

Ipe

Local time
Reaction score
Members of my crew, mostly grizzled, experienced tradesmen, salt of the earth types who are tougher than nails all ridiculed it at first. Each and every one of them. Then one day someone had to borrow my truck. Then "oddly" they all needed to borrow my truck. To a man they ALL recanted. Many started trying to figure out how to retrofit their trucks. And yes, the conversation of is it better than sex came up. It was a toss up. When you're in the cold* all day it IS THAT GOOD. 

* Not cold like going skiing or going on a hike on a winter day where you build up your own heat. Cold like you're basically standing about or walking from A to B and back and going to stand on staging or a ladder. Where you're handling ice cold tools and can't wear heavy gloves because you loose to much dexterity. Cold where it soaks into your bones and you are chilled to your core. Sounds like fun, huh?

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Ipe said:
Members of my crew, mostly grizzled, experienced tradesmen, salt of the earth types who are tougher than nails all ridiculed it at first. Each and every one of them. Then one day someone had to borrow my truck. Then "oddly" they all needed to borrow my truck. To a man they ALL recanted. Many started trying to figure out how to retrofit their trucks. And yes, the conversation of is it better than sex came up. It was a toss up. When you're in the cold* all day it IS THAT GOOD. 

* Not cold like going skiing or going on a hike on a winter day where you build up your own heat. Cold like you're basically standing about or walking from A to B and back and going to stand on staging or a ladder. Where you're handling ice cold tools and can't wear heavy gloves because you loose to much dexterity. Cold where it soaks into your bones and you are chilled to your core. Sounds like fun, huh?

Fair comment!  I've experienced a heated wheel in a JL wrangler, but never when it's very cold out!

And for perspective, I'm a climbing arborist and do a lot of forestry work in winter, so i'm all very familiar with the sensations you speak of when you can't move your hands!  I generally just point the blowers at the wheel and have them on hot ?!  

What I'm saying is although I'd probably love it, I'd probably not spec heated steering wheel in a car, and just use the money for aftermarket mods or tires!

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ipe said:

I too would like to see a heated steering wheel, even as an extra cost option. 

The design of the dash and large knobs was heavily influenced toward ease of use by people wearing gloves  -  they're only likely to be keeping the gloves on if their hands are cold, if their gloves are dirty they're more inclined to remove their gloves than permanently soil the non-washable leather covered steering wheel! 

Local time
Reaction score
Arkaig said:
I too would like to see a heated steering wheel, even as an extra cost option. 

The design of the dash and large knobs was heavily influenced toward ease of use by people wearing gloves  -  they're only likely to be keeping the gloves on if their hands are cold, if their gloves are dirty they're more inclined to remove their gloves than permanently soil the non-washable leather covered steering wheel! 

Excellent point!

Local time
Reaction score
I would also like to see a heated steering wheel as an option. If it is an option, no one loses, and some people win ?

Local time
Reaction score
We have our answer. If all the knobs are designed for gloves why have a heated steering wheel.
Hi Michael,

Thanks for writing to us.

Please note that the Grenadier does not have the heated steering wheel facility.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any further queries.

Best regards

Sayed

Local time
Reaction score
Hello, Is it possible for the U.S. market to add  Alexa to the  infotainment? 

It is nice to have in the car for music and such, my daily driver has it and I find it enjoyable. Just a thought to enhance Car-Play.

Cheers!!

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
9:20 PM
Reaction score
As far as I understand, you need anyway a mobile device coupled to your car to make use of Apple Car Play or Android Auto. So you can already use it.

If alexa and all the other spyware would be preinstalled by Ineos and not be uninstallable this would be a hard reason for me to abstain from a purchase.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:20 AM
Reaction score
I have a Lisa installed in my car not an Alexa.
She organises the music, checks I am not speeding and tells me when I have gone the wrong way.

G-Man

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
DaveB said:
I have a Lisa installed in my car not an Alexa.
She organises the music, checks I am not speeding and tells me when I have gone the wrong way.

I have a similar passive safety system installed in my vehicle. She is normally in sleep mode, but occasionally wakes up to warn of late braking or excessive music volume. Neither vey useful. ?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
G-Man said:
I have a similar passive safety system installed in my vehicle. She is normally in sleep mode, but occasionally wakes up to warn of late braking or excessive music volume. Neither vey useful. ?
Recently my installed Lisa looked up from her iPhone and said “ really 156KMH?” Then looked back down at the iPhone

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Ipe said:
I know what you mean, I had a car with heated front seats a few years ago and despite it being over 30 degrees (Celsius) my passenger was being annoying (not my wife) so I turned the seat heater on to maximum.
What a great tool 

Local time
Reaction score
Hi All, so my question is this. For RH drive vehicles, will the gear lever and handbrake be on the right side, or do we need to reach over to the LH side?

Back
Top Bottom