The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

The Grenadier has landed

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
7:57 AM
Reaction score
Good decision not to go with 100 % software 🤔
This is why they steered clear of an automotive ethernet system and went with the most robust basic system they could get away with in a modern vehicle.*

*At least thats what I was told.

Congratulations @Schoeniman welcome to the most difficult part of the whole project, waiting to take delivery 😱

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
I absolutely agree. I have a green car with brown leather seats at the moment and I think that is just the best combo. Would have liked a darker interior, too. I am more of the cave man when it comes to car interiors.
I’ll be happy with any combination as long as the head liner is a material that you can clean.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’ll be happy with any combination as long as the head liner is a material that you can clean.
Hi Stu, The best headliner cleaner is a product called Folex. It’s a clear fabric upholstery cleaner that comes in a spray bottle. Been around forever. I once left my moon roof on my RRS slightly open and then sprayed my car off in a car wash. I had the typical white headliner type material, (appears the Grenadier has the exact same material). The headliner got really stained and I thought I would have to replace the whole headliner. Used Folex by spraying it on a lightly damp sponge with a lightly damp microfiber towel wrapped over it and just dabbed the stained areas, (don’t rub or you will ruin the headliner), and low and behold it looked factory new after it completely dried. In my staple of car care products now. You can find it at your grocery story or online.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:57 PM
Reaction score
This is why they steered clear of an automotive ethernet system and went with the most robust basic system they could get away with in a modern vehicle.*

*At least thats what I was told.
I not sure patented software/architecture would be what I would call the most robust basic system they could get away with.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Stu, The best headliner cleaner is a product called Folex. It’s a clear fabric upholstery cleaner that comes in a spray bottle. Been around forever. I once left my moon roof on my RRS slightly open and then sprayed my car off in a car wash. I had the typical white headliner type material, (appears the Grenadier has the exact same material). The headliner got really stained and I thought I would have to replace the whole headliner. Used Folex by spraying it on a lightly damp sponge with a lightly damp microfiber towel wrapped over it and just dabbed the stained areas, (don’t rub or you will ruin the headliner), and low and behold it looked factory new after it completely dried. In my staple of car care products now. You can find it at your grocery story or online.
Thanks @DaBull the best post of the day, on order, review to follow shortly ;)

SoLu

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
10:57 AM
Reaction score
LoL and I hope that IG gets the SW update done quickly and my wife and I can leave on our 3 months trip around Italy…
Me too! I have been waiting and waiting and waiting for my contract and confirmation of my Grenadier, here in Austria- but I am still in the dark. My wife and I are embarking on our five week road trip around the coastal route of Italy, departing on 12 April… in what was going to be in our new Grenadier. Back in November ‘22 it was hinted delivery would be end February’23 but that date has come and gone and still no news any contract nor delivery.

So we shall embark in our 1970s Fiat 124 Spider (my mid-life crisis purchase, with my wife’s blessing).

So if you see a chappy frantically waving at you from a dark green convertible somewhere in Italy, that’ll be me! I’ll be keeping my eyes peeled for a shinny black Grenadier. Safe travels!

Hannes01

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:57 PM
Reaction score
You mean this one?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think that if mine had arrived at the dealership and I wasn’t able to take delivery my brain would explode.
Seriously. I wouldn’t be able to sleep. It’s worse than Christmas Eve, like there it is-I can touch it! Hopefully whenever the IG makes it NA debut, and mine arrives at the dealer, there’s no way I could handle “not” having it!

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Seriously. I wouldn’t be able to sleep. It’s worse than Christmas Eve, like there it is-I can touch it! Hopefully whenever the IG makes it NA debut, and mine arrives at the dealer, there’s no way I could handle “not” having it!
I think its best for you to ring your agent/dealer now and tell them not to mention your car's arrival at all, until ready for delivery...or simply ask if you can bring a sleeping bag and fold the seats down...happy snoring ;)

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think its best for you to ring your agent/dealer now and tell them not to mention your car's arrival at all, until ready for delivery...or simply ask if you can bring a sleeping bag and fold the seats down...happy snoring ;)
I’ll see if they’ll install a RTT and just sleep in it, that way I’m not in anyone’s way.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Now that people's vehicles are finally arriving do we want to start a thread where they can start posting photos/videos, reviews, pro and cons, etc?
Great idea - except sadly, no one has actually acquired theirs!!!

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Hannes01, Yes, that's the correct product. Folex. Here's some additional tips in using it.
1 - Wrap a lightly damp soft mircofiber cloth over a lightly damp sponge.
2 - Spray some Folex onto the microfiber cloth, enough so it is lightly wet.
3 - Start in a small area and dab the head liner so that it lightly absorbs the Folex.
4 - Keep dabbing until you see results of dirt/stain removal and keep moving outwards.
5 - If your just trying to remove 1 or 2 stains, then feather out your dabbing from the
area that is lightly wet until you are feathering it into a dry area to blend it from lightly wet to dry.
6 - Allow to dry completely and repeat if necessary.
Note: If you decide to also spray the head liner directly, make sure it is a fine mist and keep the
area being misted to a small area and as above, dab lightly and blend out.
Important: Do not rub ever or you will ruin the headliner, only dab.
Let us know your results, hopefully as good as mine, like new!
DaBull

Back
Top Bottom