The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

The average age of a Grenadier buyer…..

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:56 AM
Reaction score
That's me slowly disappearing from the corporate life. Corporate life is overrated. The start of the journey is leaving Sydney and moving to Cairns in a few weeks time. That's our next chapter of the big life adventure 🙂.
Nothing like diving straight into a 24/7 humidity bomb crimson. At least we moved up in August and had a bit of time to get used to it.

Cairns between March and September has the best climate on the planet I reckon. October to February- you can have that humidity all to yourself.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:56 AM
Reaction score
28. I plan to drive the Grenadier until it falls apart!
Yepp "until it falls apart" - if proper maintained you will probably own it past your retirement. I see it like a G Wagon.. here are a few running with "H" letter on the registration. Made in the early 1980's (built since 1979) and the body is in top condition. Assuming proper maintenance and knowing about the quality of ingredients that are put into the IG,
you will have it 28 + 40 = 68.. and I expect the IG still won't fall apart.

The Grenadier is expected to be the last vehicle I gonna purchase. Had many vehicles before, private and company owned. The Grenadier will be the 3rd 4x4. Intend to drive it as long as I am physically and mentally able to. My spouse was first a bit stunned do you really need such a vehicle.
No - I do not need to, but I WANT one. If somebody has not any more needs, demands .. then the person is dead alive.

To show what I intend to purchase I took my spouse to the Ineos Aufenau event by K&E . - So she evaluated it, sat in it.
Short comment: "yes okay.. - but the sidesteps must be attached!"

Of course my LR Disco serves most of my needs. But I wanted to purchase a new vehicle with internal combustion engine as long as it permitted in EU. And one that would serve me in more rough conditions. The Disco has too many gadgets. Although it is for a SUV more offroad capable than competitive vehicles of same size (BMW X3, MB GLB /GLC, and similar), it is still primary a "on road" vehicle.
The now failing front cam I need only in a few conditions. ( right sidecam I need regulary on forest tracks as it shows the ankle I cannot monitor from drivers seat) . The IG will get either a sidecam or downfacing mirror opposite drivers seat.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
2. Is someone calculating the title of this thread?

emax did it some threads ago, but I am also following it up:

average age of this thread: 53 years old.

I did mainly take into account the "age now", and took also into account the 18 years old son of JoeJet.

You have here the age distribution curve, beginning at 18 years, and number of people per age block of 10 years.

age distribution.png

Interesting is also the distribution per country:
countries.png

The only one in Norway is apparently living in the UK (Cheshire cat).

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:56 AM
Reaction score

I did mainly take into account the "age now", and took also into account the 18 years old son of JoeJet.

You have here the age distribution curve, beginning at 18 years, and number of people per age block of 10 years.

View attachment 7796693

View attachment 7796695

Still not sure why I am flying the Norwegian flag. Not that I have any issue with that. Great people that they are.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Still not sure why I am flying the Norwegian flag. Not that I have any issue with that. Great people that they are.
OK, if I publish another version of the table later on I will correct to UK unless DaveB sends me a police report proving your extradition to Norway ;)

inky_black

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yepp "until it falls apart" - if proper maintained you will probably own it past your retirement. I see it like a G Wagon.. here are a few running with "H" letter on the registration. Made in the early 1980's (built since 1979) and the body is in top condition. Assuming proper maintenance and knowing about the quality of ingredients that are put into the IG,
you will have it 28 + 40 = 68.. and I expect the IG still won't fall apart.

The Grenadier is expected to be the last vehicle I gonna purchase. Had many vehicles before, private and company owned. The Grenadier will be the 3rd 4x4. Intend to drive it as long as I am physically and mentally able to. My spouse was first a bit stunned do you really need such a vehicle.
No - I do not need to, but I WANT one. If somebody has not any more needs, demands .. then the person is dead alive.

To show what I intend to purchase I took my spouse to the Ineos Aufenau event by K&E . - So she evaluated it, sat in it.
Short comment: "yes okay.. - but the sidesteps must be attached!"

Of course my LR Disco serves most of my needs. But I wanted to purchase a new vehicle with internal combustion engine as long as it permitted in EU. And one that would serve me in more rough conditions. The Disco has too many gadgets. Although it is for a SUV more offroad capable than competitive vehicles of same size (BMW X3, MB GLB /GLC, and similar), it is still primary a "on road" vehicle.
The now failing front cam I need only in a few conditions. ( right sidecam I need regulary on forest tracks as it shows the ankle I cannot monitor from drivers seat) . The IG will get either a sidecam or downfacing mirror opposite drivers seat.

You're right, that's exactly my plan and I hope it works out!
The Grenadier has just the right balance between durability and comfort. At an event, the instructor said the Grenadier is a G-Class 2.0.

Pat-Ard

Global Grenadier #00520
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My daughter once said, men only get seven years old then they only grow...

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Perhaps we need to measure hold old we all act. That’ll drop the average real quick ;)
I mentioned some month ago that in my opinion men normally do not get older than 9-11 years. Some exemptions might be found in special jobs (accountants etc.)
This forum does not make me believe I am possibly wrong…
By the way I am nine, turning ten when the Grenadier will be delivered.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:56 AM
Reaction score
The statistics show that 50% of all millionaires in AUSTRALIA are tradies.
Plumbers. electricians, builders, bricklayers and concreters.
That doesn't surprise me.

I'm faaar from millionaire status, but I've found that members of my generation that learned a trade and just put their heads down, are often better off than the office workers who are higher educated.

Theres something about just getting on and doing SOMETHING that breeds success, whatever it may be.

I'd never dissuade my kids from manual work, because if their good at it and are smart, it can lead to great things. Unfortunately the UK school system seems to corral kids into going to University no matter whether its right for them or not. I was laughed out the room by my careers officer when i told him about going to an agricultural college after 6th form instead of university !

Anyway, as long as they all buy grenadiers and not New defenders, who cares how people make thier money 😂😂

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7796693

View attachment 7796695

Great work, Jean!

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That doesn't surprise me.

I'm faaar from millionaire status, but I've found that members of my generation that learned a trade and just put their heads down, are often better off than the office workers who are higher educated.

Theres something about just getting on and doing SOMETHING that breeds success, whatever it may be.

I'd never dissuade my kids from manual work, because if their good at it and are smart, it can lead to great things. Unfortunately the UK school system seems to corral kids into going to University no matter whether its right for them or not. I was laughed out the room by my careers officer when i told him about going to an agricultural college after 6th form instead of university !

Anyway, as long as they all buy grenadiers and not New defenders, who cares how people make thier money 😂😂
It’s the same in Germany they tell everybody that university is a must. They compared the German numbers of students with other countries and found out that we do not have enough of them. They failed to notice our incredibly good dual training system that combines vocational school and work in the company. If I would be asked what single thing/system is worth to be exported into the world it would be this dual training system after school!

Back
Top Bottom