The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

The average age of a Grenadier buyer…..

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:12 PM
Reaction score
I am 68 in December and had my midlife crisis exactly the same time but mine may have been different...I bought a Harley...sorry to disappoint some but it was a crisis and plenty of fun which is what it all about...having fun is only half the fun...Harley at the time not sure now but believe so, was one of few motorcycle brands still assembled, sorry DCPU still built on homeland...happy motoring
🤷‍♂️ Welcome to my world 😁

Attachments

• 2BFACE4A-DDCD-40FE-B68F-E9EF09F1D50F.jpeg
    2BFACE4A-DDCD-40FE-B68F-E9EF09F1D50F.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 11
Local time
10:12 AM
Reaction score
To you guys (and gals) in your 20's, right on and good for you ! Hope it works out for you all.

My dream vehicle at 21 was a new HJ60 LC. Dreamt and saved for that thing, even walked to work for a year to save money but the darn Yen was so strong they increased the price 4 times over that year. And when my time to buy came, I could only afford a 4Runner. Still okay, but not that sweet LC.

And to rub it in those LCs kept their value for a couple of decades ! You know what they say, "they don't assemble they like they used too !"

So go for it if you can. No regrets.

Local time
Reaction score
I'm 42. Got a 8 year retirement plan, which includes the Grenadier (along with my wife).

I wonder how many responses we would have received if this forum was made up of woman. Lots of 25s. 28s etc LoL 🤣
Is that you in your avatar ? If so, good plan to retire early, you're disappearing fast !

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:12 AM
Reaction score
Hmm.... 77 nxt yr... still contemplating what to do when I grow up...😜🤣 I find that occasionally watching "Dashcam" compilations on YouTube is very instructive... Apart from confirming how several particular swear words have become endemic for males and females alike🤫 it's given me a renewed sense of anticipation in traffic behaviour. Decades ago I was 'schooled' in defensive driving techniques. It's amazing how one needs to keep up the discipline to avoid trouble. Bull bar and side protection bars are looking like post purchase add-ons😇😆

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Hmm.... 77 nxt yr... still contemplating what to do when I grow up...😜🤣 I find that occasionally watching "Dashcam" compilations on YouTube is very instructive... Apart from confirming how several particular swear words have become endemic for males and females alike🤫 it's given me a renewed sense of anticipation in traffic behaviour. Decades ago I was 'schooled' in defensive driving techniques. It's amazing how one needs to keep up the discipline to avoid trouble. Bull bar and side protection bars are looking like post purchase add-ons😇😆
DenisM 1946 was a very good year.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My youngest....44 yr old son.... thinks my impending purchase of the IG is
..." a magnificent idea.... I read that it's designed with longevity in mind.. an intergenerational vehicle " said he
... No conflict of interest mind you :ROFLMAO:
Well it's said sons are put on this earth to worry the life out of their father....:cool:

crimson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Is that you in your avatar ? If so, good plan to retire early, you're disappearing fast !
That's me slowly disappearing from the corporate life. Corporate life is overrated. The start of the journey is leaving Sydney and moving to Cairns in a few weeks time. That's our next chapter of the big life adventure 🙂.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Haha, beauty !

Done at 52 and was blown away when out and about at the number of folks apparently not working? Totally sold a bill of goods growing up re: what one should do in their life !

Enjoy the ride 😄
2 points:
1. surprising number of soon-to-be-Grenadier-owners retiring/slowing down in their 50's. I stopped full-time work @ 55 (32 years on the consulting treadmill it was impacting my health & sanity)
2. Is someone calculating the title of this thread?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:12 PM
Reaction score
Harley at the time not sure now but believe so, was one of few motorcycle brands still assembled, sorry DCPU still built on homeland...happy motoring
I'm not sure about Harleys ~ but only because the only two people I know with ones had them in bits within weeks of getting them home. They swore nothing was wrong, one had "improvements" to make, the other just wanted to see how it was put together. Most building seems to be done after you get them home. 😉

Reactions: Max

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This might be another thread, but I will throw it open to Stu. Is there suddenly a whole lot of new members now posting about the Grenadier, or are the lurkers just starting to say hello to us all. There seems to be a whole lot of newbies on the forum now - which is fantastic - welcome to all.

dime80

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Being on the coast also I would think yours and my agent might be the same, Noosa Auto Group...I have a feeling they mentioned late this year...and from what the shipping spies have seen I think it could be the case...happy motoring
Hi Max. Yes mate Noosa auto group is my agent. They made contact about a month. Based on the call there is quite a few of us in the area. 😂

Back
Top Bottom