The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

The average age of a Grenadier buyer…..

dime80

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:24 AM
Reaction score
41, can’t wait to jump in the seat and clock up some km’s. Any one heard when demonstrating in QLD?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:24 AM
Reaction score
60. Which is the new 40.
I know you probably meant that as a joke but I recall when my parents were 60 they were old.
That was 30 years ago.
Everyone I knew who were in their 60's looked and acted like 80 year olds do now.
My wife is 63 and she goes stand up paddle boarding with her friends 2-3 times a week most of them are 55-70

crimson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm 42. Got a 8 year retirement plan, which includes the Grenadier (along with my wife).

I wonder how many responses we would have received if this forum was made up of woman. Lots of 25s. 28s etc LoL 🤣

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:24 PM
Reaction score
I brought up the subject of women in the forum a long time ago and asked if there were any women here who had ordered a Grenadier. I would very much welcome it if this were the case. I would rather talk to women than about them.
I have met women who have bought their own Defender and who leave some macho men out in the cold with their pimped Defender.

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:24 PM
Reaction score
68 now 69 next February.

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
2:24 PM
Reaction score
I brought up the subject of women in the forum a long time ago and asked if there were any women here who had ordered a Grenadier. I would very much welcome it if this were the case. I would rather talk to women than about them.
I have met women who have bought their own Defender and who leave some macho men out in the cold with their pimped Defender.

It is a risk in a group of all dudes that it gets a bit too "Dude-ey", and the conversation turns into jokes or humour that is genuinely unwelcoming to others; I state this only to say I agree with the sentiment here that I'd like this place to be inclusive of Gren owners whoever they are, and not "an old boys club that revolves around the Grenadier" (Which to be clear, I don't think it is, but it could turn into that if we're not intentional about it as a community).

FWIW, I tend to take on the responsibility for the vehicles in my family, but my wife is the primary driver and so this is as much her Grenadier as it is mine; I know a few other folks whose female-identified significant others are the ones who want to use the rig, but the male-identified partner is the one who enjoys shooting the breeze on the internet about it!

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
... and by the way, yes, I can also gender, use diversity and eat vegan,... all 3 sometimes...😅

crimson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Not sure if it's an age related, but as much as I love spending time on the forum, I battle to keep up with all the new posts and content, along with a full time job and 6 year old daughter.

I could easily spend and hour or 2 a day here... What are others doing with their time?

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
2:24 PM
Reaction score
Not sure if it's an age related, but as much as I love spending time on the forum, I battle to keep up with all the new posts and content, along with a full time job and 6 year old daughter.

I could easily spend and hour or 2 a day here... What are others doing with their time?

Typing between bites of my peanut butter sandwich, until the lunch break is over. Occasionally I'll pop on here during the day as a huge part of my job is solving problems, and sometimes I need to turn my brain "off" from the problem and focus on something else - like winter tires in the thread I just posted in! - and after 10 minutes I turn my attention back to the problem and the solution becomes obvious. This process seems to work for me, for some reason. There's probably a pharmaceutical product that would achieve the same goal but this feels healthier!

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I know you probably meant that as a joke but I recall when my parents were 60 they were old.
That was 30 years ago.
Everyone I knew who were in their 60's looked and acted like 80 year olds do now.
My wife is 63 and she goes stand up paddle boarding with her friends 2-3 times a week most of them are 55-70
Social media has helped show there is life after 50.
Some people like to act like "old" people. Just because you turn 60 doesn't mean you have to join a bowls club!

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
41, can’t wait to jump in the seat and clock up some km’s. Any one heard when demonstrating in QLD?
Being on the coast also I would think yours and my agent might be the same, Noosa Auto Group...I have a feeling they mentioned late this year...and from what the shipping spies have seen I think it could be the case...happy motoring

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Oh, you know. I set priorities. The forum is important to me. I also have enough to do, but my goal is to scan as many new posts as possible during the day. Otherwise I feel like I'm missing something. Not easy, but I'm no stranger to multitasking. By the way, I just changed tyres in between. Checked the forum after each tyre.

Back
Top Bottom