The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

The average age of a Grenadier buyer…..

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:03 PM
Reaction score
Typing between bites of my peanut butter sandwich, until the lunch break is over. Occasionally I'll pop on here during the day as a huge part of my job is solving problems, and sometimes I need to turn my brain "off" from the problem and focus on something else - like winter tires in the thread I just posted in! - and after 10 minutes I turn my attention back to the problem and the solution becomes obvious. This process seems to work for me, for some reason. There's probably a pharmaceutical product that would achieve the same goal but this feels healthier!
Some people say it is rebooting, shutting down and restarting, or shaking up the algorithms...you put it on hold and let the subconscious build or assemble the solution...happy motoring

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:03 AM
Reaction score
Yesterday at work - quick mental break - checked forum. Got home - checked forum. Wife helped me bleed Disco brakes. Afterwards , checked forum whilst sipping tea. Mowed "lawns" for 2.5 hours , checked forum. Checked forum whilst wife watched Walking Dead on netflix.
So it appears I use the forum for mental and physical recovery.
None of this meditation/yoga malarkey for me!

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yesterday at work - quick mental break - checked forum. Got home - checked forum. Wife helped me bleed Disco brakes. Afterwards , checked forum whilst sipping tea. Mowed "lawns" for 2.5 hours , checked forum. Checked forum whilst wife watched Walking Dead on netflix.
So it appears I use the forum for mental and physical recovery.
None of this meditation/yoga malarkey for me!
..I think we are very much alike....

Mitchell300

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:03 PM
Reaction score
Not sure if it's an age related, but as much as I love spending time on the forum, I battle to keep up with all the new posts and content, along with a full time job and 6 year old daughter.

I could easily spend and hour or 2 a day here... What are others doing with their time?
Don’t mean to rub it in but I’ve taken early retirement so lots of time to spend on the forum. Before the Grenadier arrives of course.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A touch OCD?
Necessary part of my day job , and also when I service things like brakes!
No not obsessively. But I also use every free minute for the forum. I used to do the brake bleeding with a woman. But now I have an automatic brake bleeder. I'm more independent and can stay longer in the forum in between and there's no woman waiting in the car on the lifting platform.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
No not obsessively. But I also use every free minute for the forum. I used to do the brake bleeding with a woman. But now I have an automatic brake bleeder. I'm more independent and can stay longer in the forum in between and there's no woman waiting in the car on the lifting platform.
No lifting platform required with a Land Rover!

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Don’t mean to rub it in but I’ve taken early retirement so lots of time to spend on the forum. Before the Grenadier arrives of course.
Well, you've got time. Use it!

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I took my midlife crisis at 41.
I am 68 in December and had my midlife crisis exactly the same time but mine may have been different...I bought a Harley...sorry to disappoint some but it was a crisis and plenty of fun which is what it all about...having fun is only half the fun...Harley at the time not sure now but believe so, was one of few motorcycle brands still assembled, sorry DCPU still built on homeland...happy motoring

Last edited:

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No lifting platform required with a Land Rover!
Yes, I do. I want to relax at work. The times when I crawled under the landies are long gone. My limbs love the freedom of standing upright under the off-road vehicle. 😁

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just as well you were able to get back onto the IG then mate, and you didn’t have to pull out. What would you have done with your life if you weren’t buying an IG any longer. What other forums would you of had to frequent?

Reactions: Max

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just as well you were able to get back onto the IG then mate, and you didn’t have to pull out. What would you have done with your life if you weren’t buying an IG any longer. What other forums would you of had to frequent?
I don't think about that. I look ahead.

Reactions: Max
Local time
Reaction score
FWIW, I tend to take on the responsibility for the vehicles in my family, but my wife is the primary driver and so this is as much her Grenadier as it is mine; I know a few other folks whose female-identified significant others are the ones who want to use the rig, but the male-identified partner is the one who enjoys shooting the breeze on the internet about it!
I like the look of the Gren, but my wife loves it ! When we first caught a glimpse of a real one she let out hearty, "SOLD !"

So my interest in the Gren is primarily for her (I'm serious 😃) Ideally she would commute drive with it (and upstage the boss 😃) and maybe split the driving around town. The less city driving I do, the better - for me.

She could definately buy one herself - but won't. That's not the way do things.

That said, I'd still claim it as her "birthday present" 😎. She does have a " big one" coming up. And that's as much as I'll say about age.

As for other women posting, I'd welcome that. My wife though, won't. Too many "weirdos" online !!

joejet

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:03 PM
Reaction score
I have 2 on order 1 for me 50 and the other for my son 18 he loves my td5 defender but is disabled and can't drive a manual. we are going to see if he can drive it although ineos say he needs to be 21 to test drive, hopefully they will give him a quick go.... going to Redhill early December!

Back
Top Bottom