The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Summary of Reviews

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:30 AM
Reaction score
I agree with what you say.
But I would have liked to see other vehicle configurations in the test, such as models with step, in my opinion they are not very successful.
It would also be nice to have seen basic models without locks to see how they perform.
I think you are overthinking this, plenty of vidoes of 2b with the side steps offroad including the Namibia and Australia trials videos. I have seen them in the flesh and inspected them closely and jumped up and down on them. They are very solid and well built and bolted to the chassis unlike the sidesteps on most modern SUVs which are a joke and a liability offroad. They are not rocksliders and don’t pretend to be, if you think you need rocksliders get them. But the steps are solid they will provide some level of protection and with stand up to reasonable offroad conditions in my view. There may be a range of reasons the Scotland vehicles didn’t have the side steps. It may have been the terrain, None of the terrain I saw actually required sliders though, but I think more likely either parts availability which we know is somewhat constrained. Or most likely of all in my opinion, the marketers, rightly in my view, decided the pictures look best with sliders and since this was a pure marketing excercise thats what they did.

Fir functionality I would prefer the sliders but to keep the ither half happy I went with the steps and I think they will be fine until the aftermarket produces a set of sliders with a stand off bar/step incorporated in which case I will
Swap them.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:30 PM
Reaction score
Again, the waiting could be beneficial as I’m sure someone will produce a set of super tough sliders that will also have a step area. There’s lots of examples already in existence for other brands so hopefully options won’t be far off.

DDG

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, this latest YouTube review is typical of a know-nothing influencer giving a take on a vehicle he has no business reviewing. I’m sure he’s a nice person but that bizarre affect makes me question how anyone could watch him. His number one criteria is how much attention does the vehicle get at a posh coffee shop. Wrong car or wrong reviewer. Note to Ineos, do not rely on 99% of YouTube reviewers as they are idiots. Please and thank you.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:30 PM
Reaction score
Definitely the best one in the series so far, others are linked/discussed here:

I didn’t quite understand the section about flaps on the front engine fan, especially as they looked to be on the exhaust side. Will have to look underneath for myself later.

Earthwatcher

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It’s still getting reviews, this one on Evo was new to me, apologies if it’s already been posted. Harsh but fair I’d say. Anyone thinking of ordering one should read it and make sure they give it a comprehensive test drive first. I agree with the 20th century car note. That said, I’m still liking mine and like it more and more.

https://www.evo.co.uk/suvs/206286/ineos-grenadier-review-the-defender-we-never-asked-for
I’m more than willing to come over and put ripples in their body panels…

Is an IG really that much more than a LRD? I know the steering is different, and the turn radius is not good at all, but they harp on the steering a little too much. Too many people have driven too many IGs for it to be as bad as they say.

Lord Ripon USA

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I’m more than willing to come over and put ripples in their body panels…

Is an IG really that much more than a LRD? I know the steering is different, and the turn radius is not good at all, but they harp on the steering a little too much. Too many people have driven too many IGs for it to be as bad as they say.
It is old technology.
Most reviewers have no idea of the “why’s, and where for’s” behind the choice.
It impacts their reviews.

To be clear, there has never been a solid front axle, reciprocating ball steering boxed vehicle that had the same precision as a rack and pinion, independent front suspension vehicle.

I’ve come to the opinion it just gives them something to write about. It’s like a slam dunk remark to use in every one of their dumb ass reviews.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:30 PM
Reaction score
It’s still getting reviews, this one on Evo was new to me, apologies if it’s already been posted. Harsh but fair I’d say. Anyone thinking of ordering one should read it and make sure they give it a comprehensive test drive first. I agree with the 20th century car note. That said, I’m still liking mine and like it more and more.

https://www.evo.co.uk/suvs/206286/ineos-grenadier-review-the-defender-we-never-asked-for
To be frank.. " the defender we never asked for? " So THEY never asked for it.. But I asked for a vehicle like this and I am certainly not alone.
Driven a bunch of SUV and some real offroaders. None of the SUV were a match for a real offroader.
As EVO sorted the Grenadier as SUV according to the link means they do not understand.
A Grenadier is not a SUV. Full stop.
What all car testers no matter what country and their complaints on Grenadier are the same.
They consider Grenadier as a SUV. So only street ride considered.
Todays SUV are road vehicles that vary between road vehicles that perhaps a bit elevated. (seniors vehicle), some remaining appearance of a utility, often not even 4WD and a few have a bit of offroad capability. But in most cases tyres are road tyres perhaps on a gravel road used but nowhere else. A Grenadier is an offroad vehicle that has some road capability.
Long story short. The journalists do not realize there is a trade off between street ride and proper off road ride.
I like mine too and more with each ride.
As of now I ve got 763 kms on the odo. About 70% on public paved road and gravel 30% on unpaved forest / agricultral track, grass land and swathe. I do not miss any of the so called "assistants".
Once I am on 1000kms I will report the topics I like and the issues that I found so far that might be improved. However ( so far, none of the issues that I noted for myself are showstoppers that make me regret the purchase) .. And comparing a ND or other SUV with Grenadier is by far nonsense.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:30 AM
Reaction score

Harsh yes, fair I’m not so sure. What I will say is that we need to discourage buyers and reviewers who are expecting a tame urban SUV runabout, they are always bound to be disappointed. For the rest of us, it’s mostly what we asked for.

Reactions: Max

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:30 PM
Reaction score
Harsh yes, fair I’m not so sure. What I will say is that we need to discourage buyers and reviewers who are expecting a tame urban SUV runabout, they are always bound to be disappointed. For the rest of us, it’s mostly what we asked for.
Discourage? Simply tell what a Grenadier is. The problem is rather true off-road vehicles are near extinct, so there is nothing to what a Grenadier can be compared to. In lack of a category off-road vehicles .. theses journalists put it in category SUV. Most real off-road vehicles disappeared mid 1990 from market or at least in EU because of regulation, lack of requirement and development of more lightweight 4WD technology like Haldex so the transfercase with 2nd lever disappeared. Many journalists never saw a new a real off-road vehicle.. except people who are focused in niche market like ATV Argos, Unimog or touring RV Camper built on heavy Mercedes Zetros 6x6
But those who know what is required are only a few.
We know a Grenadier as an enlargement device for those with small reproductive organs is unlikely to work. A Bentley or a ND.. or Aston Martin DBX 707 .. seen one last Friday.. is better off for those who need to pose in the club scene

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:30 AM
Reaction score
Someone needs to do a review where they take a Honda Civic, maybe a fit for @Krabby A single cab pick up, a Mazda cx 7, a volvo v90, a Mercedes GLE, a new Chevy blazer, a Ford bronco. Put them through all the paces. Like going to get wood at a lumbar yard that go on the roof, picking up groceries and the 3 kids, and then head off for a 25 mile off road trip fully loaded. Not a hard pack dirt road but a trial. Also, No exception for weight the vehicle can carry.

At the end, the car that completes the trip is crowned the winner as the vehicle to rule them all

Lord Ripon USA

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Someone needs to do a review where they take a Honda Civic, maybe a fit for @Krabby A single cab pick up, a Mazda cx 7, a volvo v90, a Mercedes GLE, a new Chevy blazer, a Ford bronco. Put them through all the paces. Like going to get wood at a lumbar yard that go on the roof, picking up groceries and the 3 kids, and then head off for a 25 mile off road trip fully loaded. Not a hard pack dirt road but a trial. Also, No exception for weight the vehicle can carry.

At the end, the car that completes the trip is crowned the winner as the vehicle to rule them all
It’s just a frustrating waste of my time for YouTube to send me every Grenadier video there is, over and over, saying the same thing.
The videos produced for the US market by US dealers are repetitive and not particularly accurate.
They aren’t aimed at the crowd around here.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Have to add a track component. That’s where the Fit will shine.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
To be frank.. " the defender we never asked for? " So THEY never asked for it.. But I asked for a vehicle like this and I am certainly not alone.
Driven a bunch of SUV and some real offroaders. None of the SUV were a match for a real offroader.
As EVO sorted the Grenadier as SUV according to the link means they do not understand.
A Grenadier is not a SUV. Full stop.
What all car testers no matter what country and their complaints on Grenadier are the same.
They consider Grenadier as a SUV. So only street ride considered.
Todays SUV are road vehicles that vary between road vehicles that perhaps a bit elevated. (seniors vehicle), some remaining appearance of a utility, often not even 4WD and a few have a bit of offroad capability. But in most cases tyres are road tyres perhaps on a gravel road used but nowhere else. A Grenadier is an offroad vehicle that has some road capability.
Long story short. The journalists do not realize there is a trade off between street ride and proper off road ride.
I like mine too and more with each ride.
As of now I ve got 763 kms on the odo. About 70% on public paved road and gravel 30% on unpaved forest / agricultral track, grass land and swathe. I do not miss any of the so called "assistants".
Once I am on 1000kms I will report the topics I like and the issues that I found so far that might be improved. However ( so far, none of the issues that I noted for myself are showstoppers that make me regret the purchase) .. And comparing a ND or other SUV with Grenadier is by far nonsense.
👍

Back
Top Bottom