The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Summary of Reviews

BD1

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:32 AM
Reaction score
For Apple users it should be this link. I will listen to it as soon as I have some time!

This was a very good listen. Knowledgeable reviewer. His summary of IG "premium vehicle not luxury vehicle". IG discussion starts about 40 min mark.
Worth its own post so others are aware of the podcast.

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:32 PM
Reaction score
They stop in the centre of the screen.
I certainly wouldn't want that for the 300 days it doesn't rain
Yes, fine on a coach sized windscreen but on the Grenadier they need to be able to come to rest underneath.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:32 AM
Reaction score
One interesting thing about the Scotland trip that I’ve noticed - they all had rocksliders optioned, and none (that I could find in all the clips that Dave put on his YT anyway) had the steps. I wonder if they doubted they’d survive the trip??
As someone who’d like the sliders but needs the steps, I would have liked to see if they copped a hiding on that terrain.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:32 PM
Reaction score
One interesting thing about the Scotland trip that I’ve noticed - they all had rocksliders optioned, and none (that I could find in all the clips that Dave put on his YT anyway) had the steps. I wonder if they doubted they’d survive the trip??
As someone who’d like the sliders but needs the steps, I would have liked to see if they copped a hiding on that terrain.
They might have equipped the cars with the most useful add ons available from the price list. On rocky terrain the steps will not compete against the rock sliders.
So why should they test with the journalists whether the steps are tough enough?

Manuel4x4

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:32 AM
Reaction score
Buen día
¿Notaste que todos los autos en la prueba tienen deslizadores y ninguno tiene estribos?
lo encuentro sospechoso

Good morning
Did you notice that all the cars in the test have sliders and none have running boards?
I find that suspicious

@Stu_Barnes

Last edited by a moderator:

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Buen día
¿Notaste que todos los autos en la prueba tienen deslizadores y ninguno tiene estribos?
lo encuentro sospechoso
Please be so kind and use English as it is the language of choice here.
Por favor, utilice el inglés en el foro.
Si necesitas un programa de traducción, te recomiendo deepl.vom. Esto se utiliza aquí una y otra vez.
( tambien existe como un App)

Manuel4x4

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, sorry, I had written it in English but it has been translated automatically with the phone
I wanted to say that it is suspicious that no car has stirrups in the test, which on the other hand does not seem like a very complicated road to me, confirms my idea of not asking for steps

CB

Local time
10:32 AM
Reaction score
The one thing that I took away from reading the reviews was the issues with the lockers. A couple of comments about getting them to lock and unlock. I'd like to know more about that. They don't want to bad mouth reviewers, but I could see a lot of reviewers not having much, if any, experience with these systems. Only locking wheel hubs would be a step back further. Since IG used off the shelf gear, I'd be surprised if there was a serious root cause problem with the lockers.
In this YouTube video an Ineos Rep explains how to engage and disengage all of the lockers.

Getting to grips with your Grenadier​

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-Tnxp-2dew

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, sorry, I had written it in English but it has been translated automatically with the phone
I wanted to say that it is suspicious that no car has stirrups in the test, which on the other hand does not seem like a very complicated road to me, confirms my idea of not asking for steps
In my opinion the rocksliders made more sense for some parts of the terrain. Imagine that some of the journalists might not have that much experience with loose surfaces and big stones/ rocks on the way.
If one has ground contact and the sill is deformed afterwards he might write that the car is not capable of doing it (while the truth would be that he/she was not capable…)
Therefore the rocksliders are the better solution than the steps which could not do the same job due to their design.

Manuel4x4

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
In my opinion the rocksliders made more sense for some parts of the terrain. Imagine that some of the journalists might not have that much experience with loose surfaces and big stones/ rocks on the way.
If one has ground contact and the sill is deformed afterwards he might write that the car is not capable of doing it (while the truth would be that he/she was not capable…)
Therefore the rocksliders are the better solution than the steps which could not do the same job due to their design.
I agree with what you say.
But I would have liked to see other vehicle configurations in the test, such as models with step, in my opinion they are not very successful.
It would also be nice to have seen basic models without locks to see how they perform.

das mo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I agree with what you say.
But I would have liked to see other vehicle configurations in the test, such as models with step, in my opinion they are not very successful.
It would also be nice to have seen basic models without locks to see how they perform.
As people obviously had trouble locking, lots of footage probably is demonstrating the no locker option. =)

das mo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom