The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Summary of Reviews

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
3:11 PM
Reaction score
Is anyone else having problems with the INEOS Brochure USA (English) 2023-02-08 ?
Downloaded, it is a 69+ Mb and seems to be loading more data every time I click on a new page. Most important the small text on the pages seems to be corrupted, looking like many layers of overlapping letters and so is illegible
Odd. I’ll look into it.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:11 AM
Reaction score
It’s remarkable how different, different reviewers takes on things can be, there are just plain opposite statements from some. so I guess the things that are pretty consistent are the ones that really need to be taken seriously. To me the main one, that is new from all this is the steering. I understand the choice and why they made it, only experience driving many highway kms will tell if it’s really something that will bother me or not.

Zacman110

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:11 AM
Reaction score
Interesting I never really noticed that spot with my old defender until I started looking for it. Must be a product of the windscreen length+width that is similar on the IG.
5A47AF56-5493-401C-ACAD-E5C72BD1BEFF.jpeg
*photo taken by passenger before everyone gets wound up*
must've been the poor visibility next to the driver's A pillar

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:11 PM
Reaction score
The one thing that I took away from reading the reviews was the issues with the lockers. A couple of comments about getting them to lock and unlock. I'd like to know more about that. They don't want to bad mouth reviewers, but I could see a lot of reviewers not having much, if any, experience with these systems. Only locking wheel hubs would be a step back further. Since IG used off the shelf gear, I'd be surprised if there was a serious root cause problem with the lockers.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Nope... He went to brake but the RHD footrest got in the way...
Unless he was left foot braking, not a good idea offroad but good on road or on track, he would have hit his left foot first
And yes i know you were only joking.
I bet he was looking at the scenery and the natural thing is to steer where you are looking on a straight or the opposite on a bend

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:11 PM
Reaction score
Interesting I never really noticed that spot with my old defender until I started looking for it. Must be a product of the windscreen length+width that is similar on the IG.
View attachment 7802890
just curious - do you think it would've been possible to shift the base of the wiper closer to the right and extend the length to near maximum. would obviously need to restrict it's travel to no greater than 90 degrees. Must be a reason why they couldn't.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
View attachment 7802890
Passenger must have been sitting on your lap

DDG

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I don’t see it mentioned anywhere here, but the Autoblog podcast included a twenty minute recap of the Scottish launch. It was really informative to hear a reviewer describe the grenadier. It sounded like he will be making a reservation for one of his own. I’m not sure how to post a link to the podcast but it’s easily found online

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:11 AM
Reaction score
I don’t see it mentioned anywhere here, but the Autoblog podcast included a twenty minute recap of the Scottish launch. It was really informative to hear a reviewer describe the grenadier. It sounded like he will be making a reservation for one of his own. I’m not sure how to post a link to the podcast but it’s easily found online
For Apple users it should be this link. I will listen to it as soon as I have some time!

Maxwell

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
just curious - do you think it would've been possible to shift the base of the wiper closer to the right and extend the length to near maximum. would obviously need to restrict it's travel to no greater than 90 degrees. Must be a reason why they couldn't.

Just a guess: IA put exterior design and resemblance to the old Defender first. Anyone here with a Mercedes G Wagon? How are the G’s wipers arranged and performing?

Red pepper

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Just a guess: IA put exterior design and resemblance to the old Defender first. Anyone here with a Mercedes G Wagon? How are the G’s wipers arranged and performing?
Grenadier wipers design pretty much copies of the G Wagen w463 and w461 professional.., so performance is "not perfect" but you can live with it.. Never pay too much attention to this..

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:11 AM
Reaction score
Something I am surprised about is several reviews have picked up the touch screen is seriously slow, which I think may become annoying quite fast.
I haven't seen any reviews on the screen, can you point me in that direction?

jamesfielding

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:11 PM
Reaction score
I haven't seen any reviews on the screen, can you point me in that direction?
what @bigleonski said, people commenting on it lagging and slow reaction. It’s mentioned in Professional Pickup Review (UK).

Ideally as this is the only major bit of tech in the car, it would be amazing if it was lightning fast and quick responding.

Maxwell

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Grenadier wipers design pretty much copies of the G Wagen w463 and w461 professional.., so performance is "not perfect" but you can live with it.. Never pay too much attention to this..
I guess you are right about that we can live with it. The wiper design of the W464 seems to be improved, apart from the rest of the vehicle 😉

AA3AE210-F6D5-4B04-8A89-5260980ED76A.jpeg

EE6656E6-7605-4BAB-A3C4-ED17C0546330.jpeg

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
View attachment 7802890
What if they articulated where the blade meets the arm, allowing the blade to stay more vertical. Think bus wipers.

Attachments

• 70F75A86-23CD-4457-8B60-09AA5889E767.jpeg
    70F75A86-23CD-4457-8B60-09AA5889E767.jpeg
    888.9 KB · Views: 7
Back
Top Bottom