The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sudden new spongy brake pedal

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:54 AM
Reaction score
Old Ineos is having a crap run with the hoses on the grenadier.
That's on the assumption that most of the issues (a/c, power steering, now brakes) are all hose or pipe related problems. Time to look at suppliers me thinks.
If Aldi can sell Sterling branded A/C systems and the pipes work for about 3 years in the salt, surely IA can do better!!!

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:54 AM
Reaction score
Except of course it was the Morrison Liberal government who ditched the French subs for the non-existent nuclear subs incurring the $830 million dollar penalty...
Better wasting that money than having $6B worth of subs with a range good enough to get you out to the 55's and drop a line before you run out of diesel! Why was Australia so set on NOT HAVING NUKE subs in the 1st place is beyond me. Liberal's cowering in fear to the left because the generator is run on a radioactive fuel... POLITICS!!!

RYAustralia

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:54 PM
Reaction score
Good news. Seems when the antolock braking kicks in the brake pedal drops slightly but then recovers. Some other brands do the same apparenttly. They checked everyting and think it is fine and driving it home today seems to be fine. Not entirely convinced tbh, but theyve checked and double checked and are happy with the braking. I'm off to Cairns this weekend which is a 450km drive so willl soon find out.

PHEW. fingeers crossed.

And on a related front the agent told me that the software update fixing the annoying random bings and bongs is coming to Australia in next 2 weeks.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:54 PM
Reaction score

ddv

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
nah mate. Last government was lib/nationals (Tories) and bought French Diesel Subs. New govt is Labour and ditched French subs, paid $500 million contract break penalty, and went with a $70 billion pre-order for joint US/UK nuclear subs that don't yet exist other than being a political concept. They expect to be built sometime in the next 30-50 years. So we are safe as houses with these imaginary subs for any and all imaginary threats. o_O
Not quite right. The lib/nat (Tory) govt ditched the French subs (remember Morrison). The labour govt then opted for the us/uk subs

shiv.nandak

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:54 AM
Reaction score
Might be worth checking this out

Here is a copy of the answer i found interesting:
"Current ABS modulator units generally have a valve for each circuit that lets brake fluid pressure flow to a caliper and a release valve that lets that fluid pressure return to the reservoir. These valves cycle rapidly during a wheel locking situation so that pressure builds and releases at 10 cycles per second for that wheel braking unit. When the release valve malfunctions and stays open or leaks even a tiny bit when it should be closed 100%, you can have a sinking brake pedal in normal or ABS mode.
This can be caused by corrosion detritus build up on the valve itself or the valve solenoid sticking. It happens on older vehicles that have not had their brake fluid changed every 2 or 3 years, or have had brake fluid contaminated by who knows what."

Greg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Not quite right. The lib/nat (Tory) govt ditched the French subs (remember Morrison). The labour govt then opted for the us/uk subs
Not quite right.
The libs dropped the French subs and went with the US subs.
Morrison announced it before telling the French. AUKUS - announced 15 Sept 2021.
It was Labor that had to come in after next Federal election - 21 May 2022 - and clean up the mess, mend fences with all the aggrieved parties. Just like they always have to after the libs/nats stuff things up.

Pat

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:54 AM
Reaction score
Good news. Seems when the antolock braking kicks in the brake pedal drops slightly but then recovers. Some other brands do the same apparenttly. They checked everyting and think it is fine and driving it home today seems to be fine. Not entirely convinced tbh, but theyve checked and double checked and are happy with the braking. I'm off to Cairns this weekend which is a 450km drive so willl soon find out.

PHEW. fingeers crossed.

And on a related front the agent told me that the software update fixing the annoying random bings and bongs is coming to Australia in next 2 weeks.
Hi RYAustralia,
is the problem of the spongy brake pedal solved? It happened to me two times during a steep downhill left turn hair needle turn. No error message and no ABS 'sound' - just a scary second of 'pedal to the metall'. I live at the foothill of the Alps with tiny steep roads plus going skiing everyweekend. Will open a ticket now.
Best regards
Patrick

RYAustralia

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi RYAustralia,
is the problem of the spongy brake pedal solved? It happened to me two times during a steep downhill left turn hair needle turn. No error message and no ABS 'sound' - just a scary second of 'pedal to the metall'. I live at the foothill of the Alps with tiny steep roads plus going skiing everyweekend. Will open a ticket now.
Best regards
Patrick
Mine hasn’t happened again since I took it back in that time - they hadn’t found anything specific but had bled the system as well as I think l took a few things apart and put them back on again - they didn’t specify what they did. But it hasn’t happened since. I can ask the mechanic as I’m there on Friday to get software update - and let him know you’d had the same problem and see if he can shed more light on what he did with mine. Scary and glad you’re ok.

Back
Top Bottom