The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Steering Wheel Security locking bar

beanohallett

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:30 PM
Reaction score
Good morning Folks,

Has anyone got a recommendation for a steering wheel security locking bar that they have used in their Grenadier which is a good fit

Looking to get one

Kind regards Garry

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:30 PM
Reaction score
Good morning Folks,

Has anyone got a recommendation for a steering wheel security locking bar that they have used in their Grenadier which is a good fit

Looking to get one

Kind regards Garry
Hi Garry, do a search for Disklok.

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Good morning Folks,

Looking to get one

Kind regards Garry
I use the Stoplock Pro Elite. Was recommended by our local neighbourhood police officer.

simonpa

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Good morning Folks,

Looking to get one

Kind regards Garry
Good afternoon Garry - Milenco is a tried & tested steering wheel lock which exceeds the Sold Secure Gold Standard. A very solid and visible item.
I've used on previous Isuzus and now the Grenadier - suggest you check out their website.

Regards Simon ( UK )

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Good afternoon Garry - Milenco is a tried & tested steering wheel lock which exceeds the Sold Secure Gold Standard. A very solid and visible item.
I've used on previous Isuzus and now the Grenadier - suggest you check out their website.

Regards Simon ( UK )
I use Milenco on mine, excellent product. I also have stoplock pro on my disco 4, but it will not fit the Grenadier steering wheel.

Attachments

• tempImageoUXJBZ.jpg
    tempImageoUXJBZ.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 29
  • tempImagedjo9qL.jpg
    tempImagedjo9qL.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 26
  • tempImageWcQ7Ra.jpg
    tempImageWcQ7Ra.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
It’s an old hack and still works great for those who want to take their own life in their hands and not wear a seatbelt as well.

Wheel lock wise I have two, I wouldn’t say either are infallible, but one is just the stop lock one that has the claw on the inside and the other is a plastic coloured steel loop that threads around the wheel and plugs into the seat belt.

Anything like that is just a visual deterrent and won’t stop a motivated and experienced car thief for long.

Trouble is with our vehicles, it’s not like the guy just down the road has got one as well is it. Not yet anyway.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:30 AM
Reaction score
I use Prolocks for my classics but TBH gave never used ine for a modern vehicle. Here 99% of modern vehicle thefts are when someone breaks into your house and steals your keys, which are going to gave the steering kock key with them as well.

simonpa

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I use Prolocks for my classics but TBH gave never used ine for a modern vehicle. Here 99% of modern vehicle thefts are when someone breaks into your house and steals your keys, which are going to gave the steering kock key with them as well.
Keep the vehicle keys and steering lock keys separate from each other - maybe inconvenient but will prevent vehicle theft in
the event of person breaking into house and stealing keys.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Keep the vehicle keys and steering lock keys separate from each other - maybe inconvenient but will prevent vehicle theft in
You mean you won't/don't take your grenadier keys to bed with you ??

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:30 AM
Reaction score
As my daugfhter says.
I would rather someone who breaks into my house finds the car keys and takes off quickly, compared to venturing through the house looking for them.
Take the car, it is insured, I don't have life insurance.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:30 PM
Reaction score
The problem is rather not the airbag - as the entire vehicle.
Got the steering wheel from my MB GLK stolen - About 6000 Euros total damage.
The same day they stole the entire dash of a Audi A 6 and some BMW stuff as well.
So what is stolen depends on demand. - In case of a Grenadier I doubt there is demand to stolen spares for some time..

Back
Top Bottom