The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Steering stabilizer bar

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:57 AM
Reaction score
Hi grnamin, That is a nice video showing the differences. I would say the Fox Steering Stabilizer is a
significant improvement. Would love to get you input on how it performs off road. DaBull

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:57 PM
Reaction score
Hi grnamin, That is a nice video showing the differences. I would say the Fox Steering Stabilizer is a
significant improvement. Would love to get you input on how it performs off road. DaBull
Thank you, @DaBull. I'm planning on a day trip to a nearby OHV park in the near future.

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
@grnamin steering at the beginning of his video looks to be very similar to mine, minor but constant correction. Is this similar to everyone's steering experience or is there variation from vehicle to vehicle?

@grnamin, any chance you took it for a spin with no stabilizer?

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I was just at the dealer two days ago for a test drive. Drove the stock vehicle, with the stock steering. I thought it was fine, a little annoying at first, but not much different from other vehicles I've driven. I'd get used to it... but I also drove one that the dealer told me had an Old Man Emu steering stabilizer installed. It was much nicer, returned to center was much improved and I felt I could drive it single handed, if I had to. It was just a short test drive, but just based on that experience it's now high on my list of "mods". Not that I really absolutely dislike the default steering, but the Emu stabilizer felt more like what I was expecting (coming from a Wrangler JK). Have no idea how it behaves off road. The dealer did mention that they've also installed Fox stabilizers, but he thought the Emu one was the better of the two.

Did the dealer mention how they were sourcing the Old Man Emu stabilizer? Any chance they are selling them thru their parts department?

CrazyOldMan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Crap - was traveling all week, and you mean to tell me you got this done without me??? Your Grenadier will probably explode in a couple weeks. This looks pretty good - can you remind us which Fox bar you got? I don’t know if it was the adjustable one or not - one is 2something, one is 5something.

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Crap - was traveling all week, and you mean to tell me you got this done without me??? Your Grenadier will probably explode in a couple weeks. This looks pretty good - can you remind us which Fox bar you got? I don’t know if it was the adjustable one or not - one is 2something, one is 5something.
:ROFLMAO: Got this one:

CrazyOldMan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So give me a couple tips - use a longer arm socket wrench, and the nuts are welded in, so only worry about the bolts and washers - is that it? Anything else? I’m taking off for Germany this weekend, so figure it will be a couple of weeks before I get to this - depending on how long it takes Agile to get it to me.

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So give me a couple tips - use a longer arm socket wrench, and the nuts are welded in, so only worry about the bolts and washers - is that it? Anything else? I’m taking off for Germany this weekend, so figure it will be a couple of weeks before I get to this - depending on how long it takes Agile to get it to me.
I'm not sure if everyone's Grenadier has both nuts welded in. The Agile instructions stated that the passenger side nut required just one 18mm socket wrench and the driver's side needed two 21mm sockets. I only needed one socket for the latter. The instructions also said that the driver's side bracket might need to be spread apart to accommodate the stabilizer and two washers. In my case, they fit loosely. Each bolt has a different torque spec in the instructions. It's easier to install the driver's side stabilizer end first since you'll need to align the bolt through 2 washers and the nut on the other end of the bracket. I compressed the stabilizer by hand to align the passenger side end to the nut. Instructions say to turn the steering wheel one way to align the bolt. Hope those help.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom