The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

SOUND SYSTEM EQUALIZER TUNING FOR THE GRENADIER

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:08 AM
Reaction score
SOUND SYSTEM EQUALIZER TUNING FOR THE GRENADIER

I am no stereo or sound system expert other than knowing what I like to hear.

I have found the existing Grenadier sound system including speakers to produce very nice sound/music, however it sounded a bit flat. I went to the equalizer settings and tuned it to my liking, which as you will see is 77444. The first 2 numbers have to do with low and medium base settings and the next three numbers have to do with higher notes. I like listening to a lot of jazz, smooth jazz and surf music.

I like equalizer settings that are tilted a bit towards hearing higher notes and treble, as I like the crispness and clarity that it provides. I also like a bit of bass, however not too much. My Trialmaster has the dual batteries and no sub-woofer, (which from what everyone says is underwhelming anyway). I may add a sub-woofer in the future, especially if it is a pure plug and play set up.

I currently own a 2020 New Defender with a Meridian Sound System with 10 speakers, 1 sub-woofer and a 400W amplifier, which sounds great. After tweaking my Grenadier equalizer settings to 77444, the sound is equal too or perhaps better in my Grenadier than in my 2020 New Defender.

Instructions are further below on how to navigate to the Equalizer to set up your own custom preset. Note: Like many have found, navigating to the same setting screen does not always follow the exact same steps each time, it’s just part of the Grenadier experience.

When you get to the Equalizer Setting Screen, you will see it has 5 settings, going from left to right. The first two are for low and medium base sounds and are labeled 63HZ & 400HZ. The next three are for higher notes and are labeled 1KHz, 2.5KHz & 6.3KHz.

Everyone has their own preferences for their listening pleasure. My custom equalizer setting is currently 77444, which sounds exceptional to me.

I tried higher settings for the upper range by setting it at 77555, 77666 and 77777. For me, the higher upper range settings were nice at first, however after living with them for a while, they were too high. In preparing to tweak the equalizer settings, I did some research and read that having the upper range too high can sound good at first, however it can also be tiring on longer trips. I imagine it is the same with base.

The limited information I gathered in setting up an equalizer was to first set the volume up to one step higher then you are likely to listen too it. Next add additional base until you start to hear a little distortion and then back off one step. This is how I ended up with the first two numbers being set to 77. Note: When tuning the base, you should do this while the higher notes are neutral or flat, which would be setting them to 0 or 1 initially.

After tuning the base numbers to be 77, I then raised the higher notes up to add more crispness and clarity to the sound and found out I liked 444 for the last three settings.

Once I got this all dialed in, the difference in how the music sounded from the stock settings was a world of difference for me. Before tuning the equalizer, the music on all of the Grenadier presets, (which are flat, pop, rock, jazz, classical & news), sounded a bit flat and muffled. After tuning the equalizer to 77444 the sound was exceptional with more depth and clarity. Although I will likely add a sub-woofer in the future, would I consider adding new speakers, amplifier and equalizer? Not so sure anymore. I would first have to hear the difference in person and then make sure it is a plug and play installation and worth all the extra money. In the meantime I am extremely happy with the sound in my Grenadier at my custom setting of 77444.

Note: I did not change the Fader/Balance setting as after playing with them I liked the factory settings best.

Now it’s your time to unleash your own sound/music preferences. Here’s how to navigate to the equalizer setting, adjust them and save it as your own custom setting on the Grenadier. As mentioned before, navigating to the Equalizer Setting Screen may be different for your Grenadier.

1 - Go to Main Home Menu Screen.
2 – Press Settings below Home.
3 – Press Acoustic Settings.
4 – Press Equalizer.
5 - On the right where it shows Flat, Pop, Rock, Jazz, Classical & News Scroll the screen up until you can see Equalizer.
6 – Press Equalizer.
7 – Adjust the 5 Equalizer settings to your preference by touching each one and moving them up and down.
8- Press Save As Custom
Note: You can only save 1 custom setting, however you can change it as many times as you like.

Enjoy! DaBull

1 .jpeg

2 .jpeg

3 .jpeg

4 .jpeg

5 .jpeg

6 .jpeg

Last edited:

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:08 AM
Reaction score
Hah I was just going to start a thread on this, thank you for bringing something to light that many have not talked about!

A vastly different setting for me with stock speakers... 14,9,3,4,4. Apparently, I prefer much more bass :p

More on these settings in a post I'll be making shortly for my swap to new door speakers

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:08 PM
Reaction score
I didn't want to be the one to post this, but this was the first thing I thought of when I saw @Tazzieman 's post... I am not too proud to admit that I had this on my Mk4 GTI back in high school
My wife is now the one warning passengers about the neck snapping g forces in her Volvo.
20 years ago I would have laughed out loud.
Now , recovering from a broken neck...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom