The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Side Runners or Rock Sliders?

Latour72

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
3:05 AM
Reaction score
Rock Sliders look best but after 3 months of use an not been out in the durt too much, I feel it needs a little step added to to it to help getting into the car, this would be the best option. As a matter of fact Urban have just released a nice step option which sits closer to the car like a rockslider but also offer a step.

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:05 PM
Reaction score
Hi Xrford, In regard to Buzz Overland's rock sliders, I am not sure if you are aware that the step area where their branding is and where you step is actually a completely removable plate. They did this so it would be easy to simply remove the non-slip step plate and have it re-powdered coated if you wear down the powder coating over time. You can also purchase new step plates if you damage one or simply wanted fresh ones. This also gives you the option to have anything else easily fabricated that you might prefer as a step surface, perhaps out of aluminum diamond plate or even simply remove their step plates and glue down some non-slip rubber. One thing I especially like is that Buzz Overland makes their rock sliders out of 316 marine grade stainless steel, which is practically rust proof, especially when compared to type 304 stainless that many others use. After doing much research, on the available options out there, I personally love their design for the Grenadier and the build quality and their responsiveness too. I am ordering a set soon. DaBulll
They are a streamline design! I'm going to see if I can cancel the Ineos preorder ones and look into ordering these. The design is simple and provides just that simple platform one needs for entry. I don't like the Ineos side step design. I was thinking of wrapping some type of grip material around my Rock Slider to provide just that little bit of grip to get into the vehicle.

Reducs

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
These are made for ATVs with 1.75" OD nerf bars, but I'd be fine with something similar for the stock sliders.

I've also reached out to N-Fab about the possibility of an add-on step, but haven't heard back. Actually, N-Fab is based in Houston, maybe @Mossy Ineos Grenadier TX could give 'em a nudge! https://theaamgroup.com/suppliers/view/n-fab ;)

1702746853181.png

Last edited:

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:05 AM
Reaction score
Some just brand (advertise) their products in a more tasteful manner as Ineos has done to the Grenadier. Some other products are just absurdly overboard in their branding (advertising) of products like the clothing industry. I am not going to be a walking billboard for them. :)

For gods sake - look at the Melvin and Moon spare tire cover - a moving billboard!!! ABSURD!

View attachment 7836077
I completely agree that this is exaggeration, I think I would only accept this on my car if they pay me for this :devilish:

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks, but I am really not a fan of the over branding buzz does on all their products. Plus being laser cut into everything makes it impossible to remove. If they really felt the need to put their branding on it then use something less permanent, like stickers.
Look at it once, and forget it? Really I don’t see any issue with the slider logo. Saves having someone wait for you to return and ask you…

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Some of us would call it a bit of fun. That said, my wheel cover is currently stowed in my garage. Always thought our American cousins loved the fanfare. 💁🏽‍♂️

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:05 PM
Reaction score
. I was thinking of wrapping some type of grip material around my Rock Slider to provide just that little bit of grip to get into the vehicle.
I did that , but in reality it is easier to just grab the roof gutter and leap in.
But if you have the ladder , grip tape on the rungs is recommended.

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I did that , but in reality it is easier to just grab the roof gutter and leap in.
But if you have the ladder , grip tape on the rungs is recommended.
Yes have the ladder so I will do that! I'm LHD and right handed so your suggestion should work well! Getting into the Discovery has always been a bit of "hip up" getting into 😉

Drausch1976

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Urban single tube are $799 free shipping in US from their distributor here. Mine arrive next week. Order from Millitek in Tennessee.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My Grenadier is currently at the dealership having software upgrade and replacement transfer box. Nothing wrong with transfer box, just part of recall for my chassis number. Nothing really wrong with the vehicle overall outside of a few bings & bongs.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:05 PM
Reaction score
Yes have the ladder so I will do that! I'm LHD and right handed so your suggestion should work well! Getting into the Discovery has always been a bit of "hip up" getting into 😉
I can actually jump in without using my hands. It's not totally elegant and without slight risk , but doable if you are sprightly , or indeed "spry" as people refer to seniors 🙂

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I can actually jump in without using my hands. It's not totally elegant and without slight risk , but doable if you are sprightly , or indeed "spry" as people refer to seniors 🙂
I found it easy to climb in without any rails but sliding out was likely to take its toll on the bolster.
Ironically, when I had to do the same on the passenger side, I found it a struggle.

Back
Top Bottom