The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Switching between Rock Sliders and Side Runners

K2grenadier

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
7:39 AM
Reaction score
Can you unbolt the rock sliders and replace them with the side runners? my wife needs the side runners but would like the option to put on the rock sliders when I go off-road. Thanks.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:39 AM
Reaction score
Yea - I would think axle stands and using a floor jack to raise the slider up.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My 4runner sliders weighed at least that much and I was able to do it solo by balancing them on boxes. That was the easy part. The captive bolts you have to fish through the frame were the real ballache.

Local time
Reaction score
I'd guess there will be aftermarket suppliers that will soon offer bolt on sliders that also work as a step. I'm going to wait. Budbuilt makes these in bolt flat and angled (I own angled with kickout rear) for the LC, and both work great as steps. My kids love mine.

1685141948124.png

1685142039841.png

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Can you unbolt the rock sliders and replace them with the side runners? my wife needs the side runners but would like the option to put on the rock sliders when I go off-road. Thanks.
There are vendors that have Rick sliders with steps that detach. Just get those

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Here's a company that makes automatic electric deployable steps and they have an upgrade option add on that makes them proper rock sliders too. Test at Moab. The are not yet supporting the Grenadier. The are based in Utah, USA. Perhaps Grenadier forum members can send Kyle is the Sales Department an email asking them to support the Grenadier. Here's a link to my post about this to see their existing products and the email address to send a support request too. DaBull

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I had side steps on my ‘96 Discovery - only four bolts to drop them for off-road driving. I’ve got Buzz sliders with built-in steps on order - will save me the extra effort of bolt-on/bolt-off.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:39 PM
Reaction score
I had side steps on my ‘96 Discovery - only four bolts to drop them for off-road driving. I’ve got Buzz sliders with built-in steps on order - will save me the extra effort of bolt-on/bolt-off.
I think you will love the Buzz product. I have the same for around six months now. Very happy with them too.

Back
Top Bottom