The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas SIde By Side Shots of my IG and a D110.

Voader - Oudersopzwier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:12 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone make the Defender style fold down steps for the Grenadier?
Not really anyone at the moment. But, I'm thinking to do that myself. A tube underneath the car bolted on the existing fixations of the rockslides/ Steps. And on that tube, the old defender steps. Should be an easy fix. Only have to find out the distance and position of the defender steps towards the door entrance. Not to deep inside, but also not to far outside the car. Will be a sort of trail and error project. I have them also on my td5 110 defender. They are ok for green laning and normal road use, but not for hard core offroad.

bazooka tooth

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:12 PM
Reaction score
A very kind gesture! Unfortunately funds are not unlimited and currently allocated for the "G". Irony is I was at a Rover refurb business in Warrenton VA looking at a Defender when the owner reminded me about the "G" - I had read the emails / news alert in the preceding years but it had slipped my mind and I was so craving to get a Defender (something I have always desired from a very early age). 3 hrs later and once home researching the "G" and my deposit was placed on 15 Oct 2021. My "Queens Red" G landed Brunswick 19 Nov. Essentially crickets from Triad with exception of my initiation of confirmation my vehicle was on this side of the Pond. Yes frustrated and yet so appreciative of this Forum to keep me from going crazy while trying to be patient!!
Perhaps give owner a call and see why selling?
That wouldn't have happened to be Commonwealth Classics would it?

bazooka tooth

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm right outside of Marshall, just east on 55, in Haymarket. Commonwealth helped coordinate and co-host the first Grenadier event in VA. It was at Lost Whiskey distillery. Classic 4x4s were ushering people up and down Lost mountain. Greg Clark had just taken the helm and folks like Scott Brady were there.

Attachments

• IMG_1583.jpeg
    IMG_1583.jpeg
    5.5 MB · Views: 37
  • 64366065948__1FA612D4-DFDB-4967-8AB0-3BEC0EC48EEA.jpeg
    64366065948__1FA612D4-DFDB-4967-8AB0-3BEC0EC48EEA.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 37

parb

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
2:12 PM
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this. The pictures are a striking reminder it heritage and what influenced design.

I spent 6 weeks in a 110 crossing africa 23 years ago. Will never forget when the vehicle broke down in the Kalahari desert and we had gin and tonic under an awning while waiting for parts to come by from a neighboring homestead. That defender looked almost identical to the one you posted.

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm right outside of Marshall, just east on 55, in Haymarket. Commonwealth helped coordinate and co-host the first Grenadier event in VA. It was at Lost Whiskey distillery. Classic 4x4s were ushering people up and down Lost mountain. Greg Clark had just taken the helm and folks like Scott Brady were there.
Very much regret I wasn't able to attend (Not sure I even got notification!). Look forward to future events and meeting up in person!! Cheers!

six1five

GG 319
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:12 PM
Reaction score

Voader - Oudersopzwier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:12 PM
Reaction score
Trial and error. Haven't we all learned the difference yet? ;)
Well, my native language is Dutch, but I also speak French, English and a fair bit of German. So, I try to do my best. Learning and speaking a foreign language is often a trial and error proces that takes many years. But, well never mind, you probably wouldn’t understand.

Last edited:

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Well, my native language is Dutch, but I also speak French, English and a fair bit of German. So, I try to do my best. Learning and speaking a foreign language is often a trial and error proces that takes many years. But, well never mind, you probably wouldn’t understand.

Easy, ol' hoss. Your minor spelling error was just that - a inadvertent minor spelling error - and nothing to be concerned with. More than a few of us misread Trialmaster as Trailmaster when Ineos first introduced the model designations therefore I couldn't resist a bit of teasing.

Once upon a time I spoke a fair bit of Italian, could be somewhat polite in French (to a much lesser degree in German), and swear myself into a bar fight in Spanish. Many decades have passed since then and those vocabularies - along with any interest in the uses thereof - have now evaporated away despite knowing well the disdain most Europeans harbor for monolingualistic Americans. Such is life. But yes, it is funny how you might be surprised by the things you don't know. Bitte.

Mr.Espresso

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score

lagartoboy

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I have been thinking of doing the Montana LLC thing to save on sales tax. Do you recommend it?
1. Make sure your insurer is ok with registration being away from your domicile
2. Some states are making efforts to crack down on this, which could potentially include not just sales tax collections but fines.

Offroad

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have been thinking of doing the Montana LLC thing to save on sales tax. Do you recommend it?
If you trade cars a lot or have very expensive things (Boats, Cars, Planes, RVs) you can save a ton of money. I have not had any issues with insurance, police, or anything else for that matter but I would imagine in some cities / states you 'could be' targeted. I'm not advocating it one way or another because it is clearly a loophole but every time I buy a new car and save $5,000 or more in taxes, I am happy I did it.

Mr.Espresso

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
If you trade cars a lot or have very expensive things (Boats, Cars, Planes, RVs) you can save a ton of money. I have not had any issues with insurance, police, or anything else for that matter but I would imagine in some cities / states you 'could be' targeted. I'm not advocating it one way or another because it is clearly a loophole but every time I buy a new car and save $5,000 or more in taxes, I am happy I did it.
As the public face, of a very public business. I can assure you I would be targeted. That’s what has stopped me from doing this.

six1five

GG 319
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sent you a PM

JATT

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Recently I have seen most of the dealerships not entertain the PO Box Montana LLC unless your LLC really have a physical address in MT.

lagartoboy

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
As the public face, of a very public business. I can assure you I would be targeted. That’s what has stopped me from doing this.
Another aspect about this sales tax avoidance scheme has to do with tax reporting. An LLC (which would need to be formed to register the vehicle) is a business entity, which by definition is formed to do business, not hold personal assets. Even if the LLC doesn’t have revenue, wouldn’t it be required to file federal and state income tax returns? And if it is a disregarded entity for tax purposes it would still need to be on the personal return schedule.

Mr.Espresso

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Another aspect about this sales tax avoidance scheme has to do with tax reporting. An LLC (which would need to be formed to register the vehicle) is a business entity, which by definition is formed to do business, not hold personal assets. Even if the LLC doesn’t have revenue, wouldn’t it be required to file federal and state income tax returns? And if it is a disregarded entity for tax purposes it would still need to be on the personal return schedule.
As a local businessman, in the great state of Indiana. What message would I be sending to others, if I had my work vehicle (Ineos Grenadier), registered in Montana to dodge 6k of sales tax (a reduction in Indiana state revenue)?

I’d rather pay the sales tax, to help my great state!

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As a local businessman, in the great state of Indiana. What message would I be sending to others, if I had my work vehicle (Ineos Grenadier), registered in Montana to dodge 6k of sales tax (a reduction in Indiana state revenue)?

I’d rather pay the sales tax, to help my great state!
Or be foolish enough to publicly announce it on the internet?

Back
Top Bottom