The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:00 PM
Reaction score
I notice on the PDI inspection it mentions “ initialise Run flat System”. Haven’t heard of that before and what is it? Also mentions underbody protection as optional equipment? Is there further underbody protection available as an accessory I wonder.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Last edited:

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I notice on the PDI inspection it mentions “ initialise Run flat System”. Haven’t heard of that before and what is it? Also mentions underbody protection as optional equipment? Is there further underbody protection available as an accessory I wonder.
Not as of yet, but i noticed there are drilled and tapped bolt holes on the underside of the rear axle diff housing.

It's clearly designed for the easy addition of skid plates

Local time
Reaction score
Not as of yet, but i noticed there are drilled and tapped bolt holes on the underside of the rear axle diff housing.

It's clearly designed for the easy addition of skid plates
There are images of it fitted around

Attachments

• Protection.jpg
    Protection.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 61
  • Protection 2.jpg
    Protection 2.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 60
  • Protection 3.jpg
    Protection 3.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 60
  • Protection 4.jpg
    Protection 4.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 61
  • Protection 6.jpg
    Protection 6.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 61

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
Reaction score
how will the registration numbers be generated ? any time i buy a new car its registered via local dealership (starts with an s) are these getting registered locally or via some nationally generated number ?
They should be regional based from what I know up to now.

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
Reaction score
Right you can't operate a terminal on their behalf or even facilitate a remote/telephone payment to Ineos?
Operating a terminal on behalf could be an option down the line and maybe they're thinking about it already. It's not something I've discussed as from experience most people have preferred to do large transfers via the bank rather than on a card with the risk of it being stopped or flagged then having to speak to the bank whilst in the showroom and make sure it's you spending the money.

Not saying that's how everyone likes to do it, just going from experience.

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Direct bank transfer is the cheapest and most secure means of Ineos receiving their monies. Otherwise if you were to pay by card, I'd be asking for a further 1-1.5% discount!

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Direct bank transfer is the cheapest and most secure means of Ineos receiving their monies. Otherwise if you were to pay by card, I'd be asking for a further 1-1.5% discount!
Is that the margin on a debit card?

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:00 PM
Reaction score
Is that the margin on a debit card?
This is normally around 0,15 - 0,3 % of the charged amount. Plus some ten cent for every payment.
A credit card normally is much more expensive they charge over one percent. I heard that Amex has the highest tariffs. Mastercard and Visa are similar.
Of course there are many more things that have an influence on the charging price.

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Using a card facility doesn't necessarily mean the monies are actually in Ineos' bank, then there's always the prospect of clawback etc. A minefield!

Annee

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
This is normally around 0,15 - 0,3 % of the charged amount. Plus some ten cent for every payment.
A credit card normally is much more expensive they charge over one percent. I heard that Amex has the highest tariffs. Mastercard and Visa are similar.
Of course there are many more things that have an influence on the charging price.
I have an Amex card but it's a charge card and not a credit card....it has rather high tariffs but very good award points, shame Ineos won't take a card for payment.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:00 PM
Reaction score
I have an Amex card but it's a charge card and not a credit card....it has rather high tariffs but very good award points, shame Ineos won't take a card for payment.
The award points do not come for free. Amex just gives some breadcrumbs to their users to give an incentive to use the card more often. The dealers have to pay for it.

Back
Top Bottom