The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:49 PM
Reaction score
Righto, off to bed now, early start in the morning.

You northerners should be able to get this puppy up to 96 or so by the time we wake tomorrow I’d assume.

Challenge lobbed, as he hides under the sheets. 😉

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:49 AM
Reaction score
Interesting factoid to share. Once you’ve paid in full, the on line account page does update to state “paid in full”. However, it also still tells me i’m still in production but the cat has been at the dealer for six weeks..

Attachments

• 9C17105B-EC12-477E-8221-CD103048079C.jpeg
    9C17105B-EC12-477E-8221-CD103048079C.jpeg
    78.5 KB · Views: 55

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:49 AM
Reaction score
Along the lines of said 17 May pricing for North America...

It's gonna be the most painful 47...FORTY SEVEN! Ye GODS!...days of waiting :LOL: My liver has 47 days on the clock. Because when that pricing comes out, I'm either going to be all smiles (while my wallet silently weeps and crawls deeper in the drawer), or I'm just going to cut my liver out and beat the piss out of it with a bottle as that'll be more effective than simply drinking myself into a stupor of depression. So...it'll be a Grenny...or new suspension and exhaust for the Sequoia with a side of cirrhosis of the liver. 🤑

I think many of us are in a similar boat. If I am priced out, I don't know what my next step will be - I already sold my truck so who knows?

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting factoid to share. Once you’ve paid in full, the on line account page does update to state “paid in full”. However, it also still tells me i’m still in production but the cat has been at the dealer for six weeks..
@Ever Pragmatic, does that mean they now have 2-3 days to hand over your car? Can't quite remember what the contract states.

Local time
12:49 AM
Reaction score
I think many of us are in a similar boat. If I am priced out, I don't know what my next step will be - I already sold my truck so who knows?
Oof...yeah I'm fortunate that this will be a third vehicle and second dedicated adventure one. If I pull the trigger, I'm not dumping another cent into our Yota and will, likely, put it up for sale shortly after. Even though it could be upwards of a year before delivery, I'd rather a) take the money to pay stuff off and b) keep from messing it up on a trail :LOL: If it's too expensive, I'll freshen her up for more years of adventure!

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
@Ever Pragmatic, does that mean they now have 2-3 days to hand over your car? Can't quite remember what the contract states.
I wish…. I think it’ll be two weeks from yesterday but that is a total guess. It needs the final ecu update from IA and a few pipe changes - steering/brake related I think. It’d be sweet to get it next week but part of the Ineos experience is waiting.

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I wish…. I think it’ll be two weeks from yesterday but that is a total guess. It needs the final ecu update from IA and a few pipe changes - steering/brake related I think. It’d be sweet to get it next week but part of the Ineos experience is waiting.
@Ever Pragmatic , I would be concerned to make full payment until the car was ready for collection, given INEOS' track record on delays. I'm surprised payment was requested given work still needs to be done on the car. Was there no option to wait?

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
@Ever Pragmatic , I would be concerned to make full payment until the car was ready for collection, given INEOS' track record on delays. I'm surprised payment was requested given work still needs to be done on the car. Was there no option to wait?
I’m pretty relaxed about paying in full and I’m also confident that they will follow through. The fact I’m fully paid up and that the car is with the dealer, should put me at the top of the pile for delivery. My thinking being that once the software is updated in the next few days, and the two pipes changed, I’ll be good to go. I’ve bet my wife that it’ll be registered next week. It’d be sweet get it for the Easter weekend, but I think it’s more like the week after, or the one after that, or May. One of them….. I hope..

PC01

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I agree.
I visited my dealer yesterday and the G is one of the next in line for its PDI.
I am told it still needs a final software update and therefore a week or so away.
It was suggested to wait a few days before paying as it wont speed anything up.
One point of concern was the lack of some accessories.
Missing will be the rear door table which i am not concerned about but the Rhino rack i am told wont be available till JULY!!
That is a bit of a problem and wondered if anyone else who has ordered the rack has been told the same.

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I agree.
I am told it still needs a final software update and therefore a week or so away.
Missing will be the rear door table which i am not concerned about but the Rhino rack i am told wont be available till JULY!!
That is a bit of a problem and wondered if anyone else who has ordered the rack has been told the same.
@Paul Cooper , I have seen on Facebook several members visiting their cars/dealers to find various missing accessories such as side steps, roof bars, cargo barriers etc. I guess folks are a bit over a barrel: Pay in full, take the car and wait for the missing accessories; or not pay and risk losing your car!

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I agree.
Mine is missing the rear table and the uk flag but the dealer can fit them after delivery.. missing the rack would Be a different issue however.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Well if it left the factory at type approval extension 01 and the agent is making it up to type approval extension 02 then it is technically still in production. 🤔

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:49 AM
Reaction score
It's been 6 months, 1 week & 5 days since bemax first questioned his patience.....think it can only close once bemax has taken delivery of his Grenny
First of all I appreciate that so many of you share my feelings about a slightly delayed delivery.
I have to point out, that I a still a little bit angry that I didn’t wrote the 1000 reply by myself.
Hopefully I can make it to number 2000 😀

Back
Top Bottom