The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

Annee

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:19 PM
Reaction score
The award points do not come for free. Amex just gives some breadcrumbs to their users to give an incentive to use the card more often. The dealers have to pay for it.
I get 1 point for every £ or $ spent and lots of other rewards but also would like me to spend a minimum monthly amount so a 70k vehicle would have been a lot of points.

MRO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:19 PM
Reaction score
Never been asked two days before, but I do realise this is what the contract says. Plus I have bought loads of vehicles over the last nearly 50 years of buying. A few listed here: https://rockenterprises.co.uk/vehicles/cars-past/
Great list Nomad. During lockdown I bought models of all the cars I have owned and counted 54 in 32 years. Very few new and only two overlaps with you: Golf R and defender. Surprised no classic Range Rover. I have had three and loved them. But again, hats off to a great taste in cars.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:19 PM
Reaction score
Great list Nomad. During lockdown I bought models of all the cars I have owned and counted 54 in 32 years. Very few new and only two overlaps with you: Golf R and defender. Surprised no classic Range Rover. I have had three and loved them. But again, hats off to a great taste in cars.
54 cars in 32 years, didn't you like any of them or living on an oil well?

I had 9 (new and second hand) in 40 years, and had to sell some because I had to leave the country I was living in ... My actual car is 10 years old, the former one also 10 years!

Anyway ... if you have a hobby or have the money or both, be free to do whatever you want to do if you got the freedom (or money) in an honest way :)

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Well Done, I dabbled with buying and selling model cars. Unfortunately, the models I sold I preferred were by SPARK, the distributer preferred bricks and mortar shops as well as internet and we didn't have a shop, so I gave up. Regarding the full size car, I have bought nothing really expensive, but some you wish you had kept, the white 6R4 is probably worth £200k today, I bought it in 2001 for 25k.

This Grenadier purchase is turning out to be a crazy experience, if I hadn't felt it was worth waiting for, I would have cancelled the order. Getting really close, as I signed the contract in November and no closer to owning it. Crazy.

I am lucky to have a great wife who lets me waste money. Just retired, so things have suddenly changed.

Last edited:

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I haven’t really been sick of waiting yet but I must admit that now as things are starting to move (happy for all of you), knowing that „my“ car sits at the dealer‘s while I had to re-order just ten days ago does get up my nose just a bit. I‘ll crack the 100 pages on my own, if necessary. Even at the expense that @Tazzieman doesn‘t read my posts any more.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:19 AM
Reaction score
I haven’t really been sick of waiting yet but I must admit that now as things are starting to move (happy for all of you), knowing that „my“ car sits at the dealer‘s while I had to re-order just ten days ago does get up my nose just a bit. I‘ll crack the 100 pages on my own, if necessary. Even at the expense that @Tazzieman doesn‘t read my posts any more.
I'm in the room :giggle: , I'm just listening to something else on my earpod or airpod or whatever it is that millenials zone out with.
I'll have to buy a pair first though. Will they fit into the Tiny Glovebox?

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I'm in the room :giggle: , I'm just listening to something else on my earpod or airpod or whatever it is that millenials zone out with.
Ask ChatGPT. He//her//it//ens should know. ;)

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:19 AM
Reaction score
Having seen the glove box yesterday, airpods / earbuds would fit, but headphones would likely not. I wish I were kidding. It's wide and narrow depth with an irregular shape, not rectangular.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Having seen the glove box yesterday, airpods / earbuds would fit, but headphones would likely not. I wish I were kidding. It's wide and narrow depth with an irregular shape, not rectangular.
TBH I never keep anything in my gloveboxes. Except maybe a fuse or 2 in my old cars.
So for me it's NBD, to use another acronym!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
TBH I never keep anything in my gloveboxes. Except maybe a fuse or 2 in my old cars.
So for me it's NBD, to use another acronym!
My glovebox is so far away from me that it is pointless putting anything in it I may need
I think it may have some moist towelettes and hand sanitizer, but not sure.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Plus a fifty dollar note, AAA batteries, a few zip ties, cigarette lighter, spare house key, a leatherman and a note to remind you to call your mum.
A $50 note????
By the time you buy
  • two low fat, extra foam, almond milk chai latte's with cinnamon sprinkled on top
  • two Evian lightly sparkling mineral waters with a slight hint of lemon
  • two serves of gluten free scones, with low sugar jam and some vegan friendly cream
your $50 won't get you much change

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Is this thread more about us all getting giddy having seen another step forward with vehicles confirmed as being in production. 😊

Back
Top Bottom