The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
12:19 PM
Reaction score

Wayneos

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:19 PM
Reaction score
Nail in the coffin for this thread?
Spider Man Lol GIF

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
Reaction score
Had two 6R4's - shame I didn't keep them! Fasted car I've ever owned, just adding a few more pictures of the past cars - all a bit silly!
Always used to see them down at the New Brighton rally, crazy fast! My uncle used to rally Opel Manta at the event. No longer held there anymore I think.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So long add the dealer has all the form's and compliance certificates to register in QLD, then it's about 3 days to have the car on the road. Any longer and your the horse being led to an empty dam! I would therefore expect collection within 5 business days of being asked to release full funds. I would hate to pay, then have a 2 month wait because the contact said they could... this surely won't be the case right?

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm a little bit sick of waiting. I did order within the first 3 hours. However I don't expend nervous energy on things outside my control. So I accept it for what it is., part of the journey.
Yep, you don't lose sleep nor worry about things you can't influence.

beg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
how will the registration numbers be generated ? any time i buy a new car its registered via local dealership (starts with an s) are these getting registered locally or via some nationally generated number ?

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
how will the registration numbers be generated ? any time i buy a new car its registered via local dealership (starts with an s) are these getting registered locally or via some nationally generated number ?
I wondered that, I presume Ineos will register them all together somewhere so the letter will be the location they decide on. (all mine start with a P) The letter is based on where they are registered not where they are bought. The dealer always gave me the list of registrations he had been allocated and let the customer pick.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think Ineos had cars registered on HF (Bournemouth) for the Scotland event. Others I recall were on a LJ (London Wimbledon) plate.

The London cars they may have done themselves, but I'd guess the Bournemouth ones are via one of the companies handling the vehicle movements dockside.

The Grimsby ones may come from Beverley, so YV, YW, YX, & YY.

The two Hard Way Home cars were LJ London & and WX Bristol ~ which both reflect, pretty much, where the winners live in terms of local DVLA office.

Last edited:

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I understand within a very short period of time the Sales Agents themselves will be dealing with the actual vehicle registrations.

Meantime a copy of the Pre Delivery Inspection (PDI) process:-

Attachments

• PDI.pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 319
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom