The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

Geordie Hillbilly

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:10 AM
Reaction score
I would guess that most of us within this Parish have been invested in Grenadier from the very start. Followed every video, read every report, digested informed and uninformed opinion in equal measure. We have also chucked a couple of grand behind the emotional investment and are now in purgatory. Waiting…. just waiting.

Personally I’ve reconciled to the wait and in an age of instant gratification, it’s not the worse thing to be endured.

Reading the various threads on the subject you can sense the frustration and it’s understandable. I’m personally convinced the waiting will be worth it and it can’t be too much longer…. can it..?!
I must admit, I waivered slightly, but after watching the Urban video on You Tube, I'm fully enthused again and waiting like a kid on Christmas eve!

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
And does the sum match your old contract/configurator sums or has it been adjusted for the new VED rates applicable from 1st April?
It was as expected but I am buying the commercial version. The non commercial may be affected by higher ved.

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I believe VED goes up for both from April. So for N1 from £290 to £320.

Just checked the original order and the invoice and there’s nothing explicit about the ved.. perhaps IA throw it in and I’ve not been told I have to pay anything else.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just checked the original order and the invoice and there’s nothing explicit about the ved.. perhaps IA throw it in and I’ve not been told I have to pay anything else.
I think £30 in the overall purchase price is not worth worrying about. It is going to cost me more than that on extra trailer number plates, that normally a dealer would provide FOC.

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think £30 in the overall purchase price is not worth worrying about. It is going to cost me more than that on extra trailer number plates, that normally a dealer would provide FOC.
surely your dealer would chuck in an extra plate foc? I’d ask if you’ve not down so already.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It was itemised as part of the OTR costs. It included the first reg fee of £55, and was listed as registration fee (Inc VAT) for £345.
I think £30 in the overall purchase price is not worth worrying about.
No, it's not for N1 but is significantly more for an M1. I'm jut trying to rule it in or out for my final invoice, as the figures in my contract don't make any sense.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So people have started to hand over the cash in full now - but still unable to collect the vehicle and no set date on collection? If you are paying in full did they advise exact date you can drive away?

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:10 PM
Reaction score
I would not be handing over any money until a firm handover date has been confirmed by your dealer, and then have the money transferred literally on the dot of the minimum 2 days before.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If they said on a Monday, "hey sir your car is now registered and ready for collection Thursday" - I would be ok transferring straight away. Have to see what our Australian final contract states...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom