The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:52 AM
Reaction score
If they said on a Monday, "hey sir your car is now registered and ready for collection Thursday" - I would be ok transferring straight away. Have to see what our Australian final contract states...
Not sure you can expect them to register the vehicle in your name if you haven't paid for it first.

And I also don't think Ineos can expect you to pay without them advising you in accordance with clause 4.3 of the UK contract:

"When the Vehicle is ready for collection, INEOS will contact the Customer to schedule collection of the Vehicle at an agreed date and time. Unless otherwise agreed by INEOS, the Customer must take delivery of the Vehicle within 14 days of being notified by INEOS that the Vehicle is ready for collection (Delivery Deadline)."

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
Reaction score
Not sure you can expect them to register the vehicle in your name if you haven't paid for it first.
100% correct on this, without full payment your vehicle cannot/will not be registered. Systems in place simply wouldn't allow us to get to the point of registration without this.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
From that does that mean customer cars are being handed over in next few days ?
Logically, within 2 days (according to the contract). I have to say I personally wouldn't want to pay the full amount until I know the physical vehicle is ready for the highway!

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Nail in the coffin for this thread?
Is it? I am still sick of waiting - I signed my contract on the 10th November. Still no sign of a vehicle that has been in production for two months. Anyway TAZZ we are all entitled to a view point - that's why its called a Forum!

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
100% correct on this, without full payment your vehicle cannot/will not be registered. Systems in place simply wouldn't allow us to get to the point of registration without this.

how long does it take you to register Steve? as in, your vehicle is ready to go, pls pay balance in full so we can proceed with the registration and handover (+dramatic removal of silk cover)

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
As per the email from INEOS, vehicles will be in the hands of customers soon yes. Maybe not the next few days, but not far after.
I hope so, I am a doubting Thomas - the trust has to be learned. Fingers crossed. Personally, I will not pay until I know the vehicle is fit for purpose. On the 1st March I bought a Civic Type R, and guess when I paid for it - 1st March?

EDIT - 12 pages to go - I think it will happen!

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
Local time
Reaction score
how long does it take you to register Steve? as in, your vehicle is ready to go, pls pay balance in full so we can proceed with the registration and handover (+dramatic removal of silk cover)
Not 100% on timescale right now until we do the first ones but if you look at payment being transferred, then reconciled, warranty setup, registering the vehicle. It's all new but it shouldn't really take too long but new systems being used for the first time by agents and INEOS.

I'm sure in time once we've done a few it will become a simple and quick process.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Not 100% on timescale right now until we do the first ones but if you look at payment being transferred, then reconciled, warranty setup, registering the vehicle. It's all new but it shouldn't really take too long but new systems being used for the first time by agents and INEOS.

I'm sure in time once we've done a few it will become a simple and quick process.
This is one strange buying process and yes I am aware of he contract I signed. Probably the strange part is that all vehicles are magically ready for delivery! Which is very good news!

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
Local time
Reaction score
I hope so, I am a doubting Thomas - the trust has to be learned. Fingers crossed. Personally, I will not pay until I know the vehicle is fit for purpose. On the 1st March I bought a Civic Type R, and guess when I paid for it - 1st March?

EDIT - 12 pages to go - I think it will happen!
This has always been the case for me with BMW when paying by card in the showroom, pay on the day no problem. However if someone was paying by bank transfer, I always asked for payment to be paid at least the day before preferably 48 hours like INEOS are. This is simply so I could get confirmation from our accounts department that the monies had been received and was the correct amount and came from the correct account i.e person buying the vehicle. Along with the fact our "Halliwell Jones" accounts departments don't work weekends this made the 48 hour rule more important when someone was wanting to collect on a weekend.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:52 PM
Reaction score
Is it? I am still sick of waiting - I signed my contract on the 10th November. Still no sign of a vehicle that has been in production for two months. Anyway TAZZ we are all entitled to a view point - that's why its called a Forum!
I'm a little bit sick of waiting. I did order within the first 3 hours. However I don't expend nervous energy on things outside my control. So I accept it for what it is., part of the journey.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
This has always been the case for me with BMW when paying by card in the showroom, pay on the day no problem. However if someone was paying by bank transfer, I always asked for payment to be paid at least the day before preferably 48 hours like INEOS are. This is simply so I could get confirmation from our accounts department that the monies had been received and was the correct amount and came from the correct account i.e person buying the vehicle. Along with the fact our "Halliwell Jones" accounts departments don't work weekends this made the 48 hour rule more important when someone was wanting to collect on a weekend.
Never been asked two days before, but I do realise this is what the contract says. Plus I have bought loads of vehicles over the last nearly 50 years of buying. A few listed here: https://rockenterprises.co.uk/vehicles/cars-past/

Back
Top Bottom