The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

Falkirkbairn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:13 AM
Reaction score
I am surprised no one has mentioned today’s email

Built on Purpose​
9a6afeeb-2c27-42d3-b6fc-ff1ea7b2dcaf.png
We need to do better

Hi Gordon,

We’re experiencing one of the toughest supply chains in recent memory. So, I don’t think it’s a shock to most of you that building the Grenadier in this environment was always going to be challenging.

But, while we’ve been systematically working through the challenges with some success, we haven’t done a great job of keeping you, our prized customer, up-to-date.

In some cases, it’s been difficult to be as precise as we’d all like, because we don’t want to keep over-promising and under-delivering. But there’s good news coming out of Hambach. We have vehicles on their way to retailers and customers, and our ramp-up will improve further over the coming weeks. We’re working extremely hard to ship vehicles out of France to you, and doing everything possible to bring forward delivery dates.

But we understand that each of our customers is in a unique situation, which makes it difficult to give you the detail you require in a group email.

So, we’ll work over the coming weeks to be a bit more tailored and personal in our communications, with the help of our partners, and give you the best updates we can.

As I said last month, we’re genuinely on the cusp of delivering your Grenadier. And please believe me that I’m just as impatient to see Grenadiers out on the road, and to get your feedback. I’m sincerely sorry for the wait.

And, in the meantime, here’s as much detail as we can give you, in the form of answers to the big questions we’re getting asked right now.

Lynn Calder,
CEO, INEOS Automotive

GRENADIER Q&A

Q1. What is the likely vehicle delivery schedule at the moment?
In the next two weeks, we’ll deliver 150 vehicles to our retail partners, with customer deliveries following immediately after. We continue to refine our quality processes and timings with manufacturing, which is why we’re not providing a precise delivery date in your contract.

Q2. What’s causing the delay for my handover? I hear there are quality issues.

There are no quality issues. On the contrary, launch series vehicles are exceeding our expectations. There is a build-up of finished vehicles at the end of the line, due to a delay in the supply of a few parts, and due to a software update delay. We’re resolving these now, so we can clear the first vehicles and get them delivered to our retail partners. Right now, we want to ensure each Grenadier – and every component – meets our quality standards. To do that, we’re putting each vehicle through an ‘overcheck’ procedure at the end of the line. That’s slowed our progress, but we’re getting back on track as quickly as we can.

Q3. How will I receive my contract?

If you are based in the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, Italy, Spain, France, Austria or South Africa, you’ll receive an email via DocuSign requesting an eSignature on your sales contract. You’ll get a copy for your own records.

For all other markets, a few days before your vehicle enters production, your retailer will be in touch. To organise a suitable date and time to sign the sales contract, and to answer any questions you may have.

Q4. I want to make a change to the vehicle specification that I’ve ordered. How do I do this?

If you’ve signed your contract, your configuration has already been fed into the production schedule, so you can’t make any changes. If you haven’t signed your contract, please contact your Retail Partner for any changes to vehicle specification.

Q5. I would like to test drive the production vehicle. When will this be possible and how can I book this?

We’re already delivering series production vehicles to our retail partners, so you can test drive the Grenadier very soon. A map showing your nearest retail partners is available on the website, which will also host a test drive booking request page soon – and we’ll let you know when that goes live. We’re also continuing to deliver test drive events with a fleet of late prototypes (soon to be replaced by series production vehicles). Check our website for details of events near you.

Q6. I’d like to find more technical information about the Grenadier. Where can I find this?

For more information on product features and specifications, please visit our website www.ineosgrenadier.com and download our brochure.
Ineos
LinkedIn
Facebook
Instagram
Twitter
YouTube
INEOS Automotive. All rights reserved. Copyright © 2023. All rights reserved. This website is published by INEOS on behalf of its businesses. Manage your preferences
or Unsubscribe.

INEOS Automotive Limited is a limited company registered in England with registered number 11201576. Our registered office is at: Hawkslease, Chapel Lane, Lyndhurst, SO43 7FG, UK. INEOS is a registered trade mark owned by INEOS Capital Limited. Grenadier and Projekt Grenadier are registered trademarks owned by INEOS Automotive Limited.
open.aspx

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:13 PM
Reaction score
Oh it's been mentioned.
But not here , until now.
I hope it kills the thread..
But I live in hope for all kinds of things.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:13 PM
Reaction score
Tazzieman, LXXXIV is the camp number for Edmund Kennedys expedition up Cape York at Shelbourne Bay where three of his members were left and never seen again back in 1848. You will have to make a visit in your Grenadier one day.
I hope to make it that far , before I turn LXXX1V!
I'm sure the locals are more friendly these days.
Hopefully my wife won't spear me when we get there.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
After the most recent update, I am now actively looking for an interim 4X4 to get me through mid year to late Nov period (or later). Hoping my "March" build Gren gets here before Xmas. There is no way my reservation will now lead to a delivery within the month of August. Might have to go for a half naked 2nd hand something... god knows what.

tnkatoy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
After the most recent update, I am now actively looking for an interim 4X4 to get me through mid year to late Nov period (or later). Hoping my "March" build Gren gets here before Xmas. There is no way my reservation will now lead to a delivery within the month of August. Might have to go for a half naked 2nd hand something... god knows what.
You aren't alone having to juggle vehicle plans, my neice was supposed to have my old car by now, but she has had to go elsewhere. The other downside is that as interest rates continue to climb, fixed finance facilities will end up costing a lot more, especially if rates come back down again.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Oh it's been mentioned.
But not here , until now.
I hope it kills the thread..
But I live in hope for all kinds of things.
Ignore this thread and don't contribute, but if you do you help to perpetuate the very thing you hate - this thread. BTW: I have just contributed to it to answer. 100 pages here we come. :)

Last edited:

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:13 PM
Reaction score
Here are a few photos to keep us going and for all the doubters yes they are customers vehicles

Attachments

• D025BAC0-AB6D-4868-945F-F7A303EC3F10.jpeg
    D025BAC0-AB6D-4868-945F-F7A303EC3F10.jpeg
    101.9 KB · Views: 124
  • D6EF3361-D186-40B8-A397-B9B2B1DD3DBA.jpeg
    D6EF3361-D186-40B8-A397-B9B2B1DD3DBA.jpeg
    150.2 KB · Views: 124
  • 301EF84C-3A51-4532-9387-3363F35C1428.jpeg
    301EF84C-3A51-4532-9387-3363F35C1428.jpeg
    177.9 KB · Views: 121

J8hn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:13 AM
Reaction score
Thanks. Mine apparently came in about March 9th. Went to see it last Friday. PDI done , waiting for software. As yet I'm avoiding cleaning my current car pre-sale. That woud be premature I feel!
Unfortunately I wasn't as cautious as you and got rid of mine just after the Grenadier landed

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom