The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Seat Mounting - Production Vehicles

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:24 PM
Reaction score
Another question, do you think you could order the 40 seat in the back and replace the 60 with 40 making it a four seater. Than fabricate a middle box that can be used for storage.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:24 AM
Reaction score
Another question, do you think you could order the 40 seat in the back and replace the 60 with 40 making it a four seater. Than fabricate a middle box that can be used for storage.
Apart from looking ridiculous the seatbelts would be back to front, you’re going to have the square edge near the door and the rounded edge in the middle, and I’d assume your mounting points would be a nightmare to re-engineer. But hey anything works with enough thought if you don’t care what it looks like.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:24 PM
Reaction score
Apart from looking ridiculous the seatbelts would be back to front, you’re going to have the square edge near the door and the rounded edge in the middle, and I’d assume your mounting points would be a nightmare to re-engineer. But hey anything works with enough thought if you don’t care what it looks like.
On a related note, I wonder if the thought of putting the "40" part of the seat on the same side as the "30" part of the door.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think there were a few vehicles where the 60/40 was swapped depending on RHD or LHD to aid access to third row seats.
In that case it could work but other than that @bigleonski I would agree with you completely
Better to just go to Recaro and ask for two replacement single seats

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:24 AM
Reaction score
On a related note, I wonder if the thought of putting the "40" part of the seat on the same side as the "30" part of the door.
I'd like to hear an Ineos person tell us why they didn't. 👍

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:24 AM
Reaction score
It probably is easier to build in two aftermarket front seats with a fitting console.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yep I called that out as a bit of a stuff up a while ago. Like all things, I’m sure some boffin put some logic around that decision at some stage. Well at least I “hope” there was, otherwise it doesn’t make much practical sense.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yep I called that out as a bit of a stuff up a while ago. Like all things, I’m sure some boffin put some logic around that decision at some stage. Well at least I “hope” there was, otherwise it doesn’t make much practical sense.
for RHD you want the small door to be on the left hand side, as it is, so that part they got right for me.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
for RHD you want the small door to be on the left hand side, as it is, so that part they got right for me.
Yep the little door is on the correct side (for RHD at least) the seats are back to front. The cruiser has the short seat on the left, probably to cater for the GX version with barn doors.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:24 PM
Reaction score
I do like the look of that, but the battery box could complicate things.

EDWARDO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Having spent some time this morning with my own Grenadier, I looked at the rear seat mounting points. I have a station wagon N1 class and therefore lose some rear leg room v the belstaff models. It is very clear that the rear mounting points have not been blanked over and have hex stud screws.
This will make the relocation of the rear seating a pretty simple task.

I‘ll add the upper ‘C’ pillar seat mountings shortly.
Hi, Did u do this as mine should be delivered over a month ago so im hoping will turn up soon and this is the first thing i want to do but my mrs is nervous saying its too tricky for me to do safety wise for this kids, she has alot of faith in me!!!

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi, Did u do this as mine should be delivered over a month ago so im hoping will turn up soon and this is the first thing i want to do but my mrs is nervous saying its too tricky for me to do safety wise for this kids, she has alot of faith in me!!!
I’m planning to explore the seat relocating this weekend. The seating has been a hit with the kids so far so my immediate plans have wained .. The rear seat rake angle is quite upright and I think this is the bigger prize over the additional leg room.. I’ll report how I get on…

simonltd

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’m planning to explore the seat relocating this weekend. The seating has been a hit with the kids so far so my immediate plans have wained .. The rear seat rake angle is quite upright and I think this is the bigger prize over the additional leg room.. I’ll report how I get on…
did you move the back seats further back and change the rake on the seats ok?

Back
Top Bottom