The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Seat Mounting - Production Vehicles

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:09 PM
Reaction score
I think there will be a few looking to move forward or take out the back seat all together for certain tasks/trips. Hopefully you aftermarket will produce some sort of floor cover to make it all look neat when it’s removed.

I bumped into a firm called Talos today who amongst other things “pimp” new defenders. I asked them if they are planning anything for the IG, apparently not. Which may be a good thing, having looked at their website and their prices. I thought around £10k for a set of wheels and tyres was highly reasonable 😮
British shooting show?

yeah seen that firm before, all look and no substance!

"military chic" look

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
9:09 AM
Reaction score
The very one Spjnr, I was there today. The vehicles looked great, all show ponies though, everything they had done was for fashion not for a task.

I get the impression a lot of their customers wear tactical black. 😃

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:09 PM
Reaction score
Isn’t it funny how people have different needs.
I’ve been hoping when doing extended trips that with the trialmaster version you can bring the rear seats to the forward position, so that I can have more cargo room. Alternatively that I can remove the rear seat altogether without issues with airbags etc.
Yep, hoping that someone like Goose Gear might eventually produce a rear seat delete.

I’ll LIDAR the interior eventually (unless someone is willing to do that first) and pull it into Fusion and maybe fab something up.

Wayneos

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Isn’t it funny how people have different needs.
I’ve been hoping when doing extended trips that with the trialmaster version you can bring the rear seats to the forward position, so that I can have more cargo room. Alternatively that I can remove the rear seat altogether without issues with airbags etc.
I'm hoping to bring the rear seats forward as well, no one but the dog sitting back there so that little bit of extra rear cargo space would be nice.

jrchrds

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:09 AM
Reaction score
Yep, hoping that someone like Goose Gear might eventually produce a rear seat delete.

I’ll LIDAR the interior eventually (unless someone is willing to do that first) and pull it into Fusion and maybe fab something up.
Looking at the pictures, it looks like once you have the seats unmounted, it's a matter of adding the cover plates that grenadier already makes for the 2 seater- they should be a swap once you buy the extra parts. Earlier pictures made it look rather easy.

Attachments

• back with cover.jpg
    back with cover.jpg
    568.6 KB · Views: 143

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Looking at the pictures, it looks like once you have the seats unmounted, it's a matter of adding the cover plates that grenadier already makes for the 2 seater- they should be a swap once you buy the extra parts. Earlier pictures made it look rather easy.
Ok, yes - I thought that might be the case. Hambach have no incentive for the manufacturing line to be any more complicated than needs be.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

EDWARDO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Having spent some time this morning with my own Grenadier, I looked at the rear seat mounting points. I have a station wagon N1 class and therefore lose some rear leg room v the belstaff models. It is very clear that the rear mounting points have not been blanked over and have hex stud screws.
This will make the relocation of the rear seating a pretty simple task.

I‘ll add the upper ‘C’ pillar seat mountings shortly.
Congrats on the car looks fab, ive got the same issue i need more space for the kids and didnt want any of the special editions so went for the station wagon (note was stupid and assumed they all had the same legroom) and intend to do the same, the chaps at ineos seem to think it really is a case of unbolt and just move, as i was quite nervous about the restricted legroom and thought about cancelling the car so this makes me think ive got the best of both worlds now, would be very interested how you do it.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Congrats on the car looks fab, ive got the same issue i need more space for the kids and didnt want any of the special editions so went for the station wagon (note was stupid and assumed they all had the same legroom) and intend to do the same, the chaps at ineos seem to think it really is a case of unbolt and just move, as i was quite nervous about the restricted legroom and thought about cancelling the car so this makes me think ive got the best of both worlds now, would be very interested how you do it.
Yes, interested to see as I plan on going in the opposite direction.

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In the U.K. the utility wagon is a two seat commercial and the station wagon is a five seat commercial . Maybe different names in Australia?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes your 5 seat station wagon is a weird config
We get to spec the station wagon with panels or windows but it doesn't have a barrier.
It isn't a commercial vehicle as you have
So you have to go Belstaff to get a comfortable vehicle
Was this vehicle designed for Australia?

1678433101335.png1678433215033.png

Attachments

• 1678433154151.png
    1678433154151.png
    286.2 KB · Views: 58

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The station wagon is the same vehicle as the Belstaff editions
The Utility wagon has less legroom and a more upright seatback.
? Utility Wagon in Oz is a two seater as per other launch markets.

The Station Wagon (5 seats, luggage barrier, rear seat in forward position with upright back) is not available.
So in my case, I needed to spec a Trialmaster, and option in the rear side panels instead of glass.

As the rear seat is in the rearward position, I will need to relocate it forward, and revise the seat back brackets, in order to achieve max loadspace length.

What I’m hoping is that the cargo barrier can also be adapted to the forward location.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
? Utility Wagon in Oz is a two seater as per other launch markets.

The Station Wagon (5 seats, luggage barrier, rear seat in forward position with upright back) is not available.
So in my case, I needed to spec a Trialmaster, and option in the rear side panels instead of glass.

As the rear seat is in the rearward position, I will need to relocate it forward, and revise the seat back brackets, in order to achieve max loadspace length.

What I’m hoping is that the cargo barrier can also be adapted to the forward location.
Utility wagon is available in some markets as a 2 seater or 5 seater

Reactions: PBD

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Utility wagon is available in some markets as a 2 seater or 5 seater
Nope, 5-seater is always known as ‘Station Wagon’, even in the commercial variant. Happy to be corrected if you have a link.
Regardless I need to move the seat. Need. IF I move the seat I believe I’ll be able to house a drawer fridge and a water tank.
Not too fussed about what the car is called. Do care about 40L carried centrally and low behind the seat, because otherwise it’s 40kg on the roof.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The half height cargo barrier has been seen fitted into both rear seat types, so it should be possible providing Ineos sell the 4 side brackets separately as they are different between type.

If it was JLR then you would have to buy a whole new cargo barrier.

Back
Top Bottom