The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Some clarifications concerning second seat row, Utility vs.Station Wagon

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
7:25 AM
Reaction score
Turning around would mean that the mesh can no longer rest against the frame, but only hangs on the welding points.

Under point load from accelerated cargo in the event of an accident or heavy braking, this could break easily.

Last edited:

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:25 AM
Reaction score
The fixings are the same, top and bottom, IF the barrier can be turned 180 deg around the brackets would extend the barrier backward.
Does that make sense? 🙂
I think I understand, but the lower brackets are on an angle, so not sure you could do that?

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:25 PM
Reaction score
I think I understand, but the lower brackets are on an angle, so not sure you could do that?

Maybe if the lower brackets were swapped also it may work?

Last edited:

dynosoar

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That looks terrible. I could put up with visible evidence of the spot welds but to have them randomly spaced is just not on.
My car is also a utility order. It will probably look better in the lighter mushroom colour but the above is just not acceptable in my opinion.

A

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That looks terrible. I could put up with visible evidence of the spot welds but to have them randomly spaced is just not on.
My car is also a utility order. It will probably look better in the lighter mushroom colour but the above is just not acceptable in my opinion.

A
Agreed. That looks messy.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That is not acceptable for a customers car. How the hell did that get thru the "batch and hold" process that is suppose to be about QC checks. Is that paint blistering to the left of the rear roof rail?

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That is not acceptable for a customers car. How the hell did that get thru the "batch and hold" process that is suppose to be about QC checks. Is that paint blistering to the left of the rear roof rail?
Might be wax - hard to tell. But if this was my truck I would be querying the finish.

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No, I haven't been back to my dealer since a long time, last time being last Wednesday ;)
But I have a picture from the welds of the side panels of a customer car:
View attachment 7806552
personally I quite like the industrial look and honesty of it. Mine is Donny grey and some of the spots were proud, some indented and some half and half. Being fortunate to have sat in my my own in the dealer, what you do feel is the overall heft and solidness of the thing. Having grown up with defenders, 110s and 90s, part of their character was the appalling welding on the window frames and elsewhere. Weld spatter was just painted over.. Classic.

Steveo

Global Grenadier #1009
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:25 PM
Reaction score
No, I haven't been back to my dealer since a long time, last time being last Wednesday ;)
But I have a picture from the welds of the side panels of a customer car:
View attachment 7806552
Looks like they've carefully randomised the welding robots parameters to give it a 'rustic' look.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
10:25 PM
Reaction score
Might be wax - hard to tell. But if this was my truck I would be querying the finish.
However we wrap it up, it looks messy as hell. Perhaps it’s a nod to the defender being delivered with factory dents on the flat panels or world famous welding spatter.
But for a state of the art facility it’s surprising, I’d definitely be raising an eyebrow if I had one on order.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ive spec'd rear panels and I'd rather not have those "honesty" welds visible.

Not enough for me to turn away, will likely stick in gullwings sometime down the line anyhow.

Znarfgh

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:25 PM
Reaction score
I ordered the utility version and specified panels - but then I changed my mind and ordered windows. Judging by that picture I'm glad I did.

I did not order the rear seat as this is usually the first item I remove from my vehicle and then takes up valuable space in my garage. I want a nice, flat floor with a storage unit in the back and will make up something for the space where the seats would be.

Cheers,

DM

beg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
personally I quite like the industrial look and honesty of it. Mine is Donny grey and some of the spots were proud, some indented and some half and half. Being fortunate to have sat in my my own in the dealer, what you do feel is the overall heft and solidness of the thing. Having grown up with defenders, 110s and 90s, part of their character was the appalling welding on the window frames and elsewhere. Weld spatter was just painted over.. Classic.
Any news on your collection?

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Any news on your collection?
It’s having the flash today. Apparently Ineos will dial in to it and do their business on it. It also has to have two pipe changing, so if it’s all done, it should be good to go as I’ve paid in full. However this is Ineos… and delays are expected for no reason.

Back
Top Bottom