The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Running in +++

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:40 AM
Reaction score
Getting the feeling that many things on this vehicle are improved with use, electrical and warning light gremlins appear to reduce over time for example. Many have had some teething troubles with centre diff lock, low range and front and rear diff locks. I wonder if a solid day on a bit of dirt, just shifting things in and out over and over again would get everything loosened up and bedded in and properly lubricated etc, as well as improve user familiarity. Anyone tried something like this?

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:40 AM
Reaction score
Getting the feeling that many things on this vehicle are improved with use, electrical and warning light gremlins appear to reduce over time for example. Many have had some teething troubles with centre diff lock, low range and front and rear diff locks. I wonder if a solid day on a bit of dirt, just shifting things in and out over and over again would get everything loosened up and bedded in and properly lubricated etc, as well as improve user familiarity. Anyone tried something like this?
Andrew. That’s exactly what I had in mind. Unfortunately, not all gone to plan and loads of warning lights. Will deal with it tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_2451.jpeg
    IMG_2451.jpeg
    97.4 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_2450.jpeg
    IMG_2450.jpeg
    94.9 KB · Views: 90

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Andrew. That’s exactly what I had in mind. Unfortunately, not all gone to plan and loads of warning lights. Will deal with it tomorrow.
Wow, ok. Well not exactly what I had in mind, although maybe forcing errors early on has some advantage 🤷‍♂️. Will be interesting to see if they are all gone when you come back to it in the morning.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
5:40 PM
Reaction score
I noticed Apple Carplay, as a Andriod person, I have hears Apple likes to keep a closed infrastructure. I can assume it's Apple Carplay messing with system. Just joking, the Grenadier just making sure the error system works since you will never need it.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:40 AM
Reaction score
Someone did mention, that briefly pausing when the ignition is turned on before starting tends to eliminate the warnings. Worth a try

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:40 AM
Reaction score
But that doesn’t work as well. It’s like rubbing a coin before entering it in a vendor machine. It doesn’t help but gives you the feeling of regaining control 😀

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Someone did mention, that briefly pausing when the ignition is turned on before starting tends to eliminate the warnings. Worth a try
It's getting like an old PC booting up, turn it on and go and have a coffee first. The more manufacturers have to install safety systems and there required system checks before starting the more we are going to have to put up with the starting requirements on vehicles

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It's getting like an old PC booting up, turn it on and go and have a coffee first. The more manufacturers have to install safety systems and there required system checks before starting the more we are going to have to put up with the starting requirements on vehicles
I know little about computers, but could this be a processor speed issue? Ie hardware. the fact that turning the ignition on for a while before starting means that allowing the computer more time fixes most issues. Will we need a new ecu?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
the fact that turning the ignition on for a while before starting means that allowing the computer more time fixes most issues. Will we need a new ecu?
I can spare 2-3 seconds of my life. No need to press the alarm button!

Back
Top Bottom