The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Roof racks, Head up displays and dash cams etc. Any after market accessory.

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:34 AM
Reaction score
But it uses up 33% of your payload.
It looks very strong though.
You can put way more on there than recommended payload and still be ok by all accounts. I’ve got a rim and tyre at 40kg. 4x maxtrax , 1 hilift jack, 1 X 30l drum for my semi automatic washing machine and 5 x 20 L Jerry cans for petrol which I havnt filled yet as picking up proper Jerry can holder’s tomorrow which adds more weight again. The nod🤔 is I’ll be OK

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You can put way more on there than recommended payload and still be ok by all accounts. I’ve got a rim and tyre at 40kg. 4x maxtrax , 1 hilift jack, 1 X 30l drum for my semi automatic washing machine and 5 x 20 L Jerry cans for petrol which I havnt filled yet as picking up proper Jerry can holder’s tomorrow which adds more weight again. The nod🤔 is I’ll be OK
I forgot the awning that’s another 27kg 😳

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:34 PM
Reaction score
Yes it is all good until something goes wrong.
Recent case here where a guy overloaded his 4WD and posted it on facebook (they found the post video afterwards).
He rolled the vehicle and killed his passenger.
10 years minimum in prison.
another guy overloaded his caravan and killed 2 passengers, he only got 4 years. I guess because he didn't post about it on Facebook.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:34 PM
Reaction score
Pictures when in action please!
Any 20 or 30l plastic drum (with lid), half fill with water, add wool softener, put in cloths, drive away and presto a washing machine courtesy of the corrugations.

If you use wool softener you do not need to rinse the cloths when done, just dry them.

Last edited:

nickelnoff

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:34 AM
Reaction score
Any 20 or 30l plastic drum (with lid), half fill with water, add wool softener, put in cloths, drive away and presto a washing machine courtesy of the corrugations.
I think we're missing a trick here in Switzerland with the over engineered smooth roads!

Unimog 406

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi
Any body taken delivery of the Blacksheep roof rack as yet, how difficult was fitting and any pointers appreciated.

beg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Im looking for a rack to throw some sheet materials on any recommendations

Pat-Ard

Global Grenadier #00520
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hallo an Alle.
Die Lüftungsgitter, die Nakatanenga für die hinteren Türen des Landy anbietet, passen auch prima beim Grenadier.(y)
Nakatanenga has now some windowshades for the Gren…

I’m curious what kind of roofrack they‘ll build…
IMG_1601.jpeg

MShepherd

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Nice! I was waiting for them. But interesting that they are 20 to 30€ more expensive than all the others!!!???

inky_black

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Nakatanenga has now some windowshades for the Gren…

I’m curious what kind of roofrack they‘ll build…

Hi @Pat-Ard,
I received my ventilation plates from Nakatanenga yesterday. They fit perfectly!

I had previously tried other ventilation plates that were not specially designed for the Grenadier but were intended for other vehicles. It was all just a makeshift solution.
If you look at it that way, the 90€ for an interim solution is bad. I was also a little disappointed that the ventilation panels for the Grenadier cost 120€, but there is also more material on them than on the comparable ones for other vehicle models.

I am very satisfied with the design and the accuracy of fit of Nakatanenga.

IMG_3460.JPG
IMG_3464.JPGIMG_3467.JPGIMG_3470.JPG

Back
Top Bottom