The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Robert Pepper review coming

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:31 PM
Reaction score
i suspect a gvm upgrade for the grenadier will turn out to be relatively easy; its not the engineering that’s limiting capacity, it’s relatively consistent around the globe rules around the 3.5t mark.

I think it also has to do with driving licence requirements in the UK.

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:31 AM
Reaction score
My guess is with the setup the IG has they could have probably given it a 4T payload without much effort- the manufacturer just makes it up anyway from what I’ve heard. Problem is people max things out all the time and push the limits.

But then again I could be wrong. 😉
All they had to do for the Aus market is rate it at 3718kg gross vehicle weight instead of 3550kg to give a payload of 1000kg, just another 42kg per wheel. They broke the artificial 3500kg ceiling, why not go all the way?

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
All they had to do for the Aus market is rate it at 3718kg gross vehicle weight instead of 3550kg to give a payload of 1000kg, just another 42kg per wheel. They broke the artificial 3500kg ceiling, why not go all the way?
There must be a reason or I’m sure they would have

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:31 PM
Reaction score
When you read it costs a manufacturer "many hundreds of thousands" for a high flow nozzle, imagine what it might cost them for this?

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I also reckon they’ve stuffed up the weights in the brochure. Surely they couldn’t have made the ute the EXACT same weight as the wagon?

Perhaps they’ll come out and find the error and make it all better. 😉

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
There must be a reason or I’m sure they would have
GVM upgrades normally involve spring and shock absorber changes, given Ineos got their head around different spring rates for different accessory combinations you would think it was possible?

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
GVM upgrades normally involve spring and shock absorber changes, given Ineos got their head around different spring rates for different accessory combinations you would think it was possible?
Problem with utes is they have to compromise on ride quality laden v unladen more than wagons I suppose otherwise if they go solely for laden weight the thing will ride like a dog when empty.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Problem with utes is they have to compromise on ride quality laden v unladen more than wagons I suppose otherwise if they go solely for laden weight the thing will ride like a dog when empty.
Unladen utes ride lie donkeys or a broncos!
Will be interesting to see which springs they've chosen.

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Great info as always from Robert. Glad he clarified the lockers.
Did think it was a bit unkind rating the rubicon as a touring 4wd above it for that purpose - no arguments about its scrabbling/crawling prowess, but its not what I’d see as a touring rig, more of a day trip/weekend thing.
Mostly Im looking forward to being too busy driving it to watch other people’s films of doing the same🥴

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Very thorough and fair review for a newbie to the vehicle.
For something fresh off the factory floor it's pretty capable!
And a bit quirky , but with practise it will become 2nd nature.
Looking fwd to some more comparisons in varying terrains.

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
To me this car is all about touring Australia.
Towing the van to new places and then using the van as a base as I explore the outlying areas of this wide and sparse country, visiting as many of its landscapes as possible.

All of Roberts videos on the Grenadier prove to me that this is the very car for the job.

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Definitely looking forward to his next grenadier video. There’s been so little quality content/journalism on it for such a long time, it is so nice to just focus on all the things the car is brilliant at.

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Definitely looking forward to his next grenadier video. There’s been so little quality content/journalism on it for such a long time, it is so nice to just focus on all the things the car is brilliant at.
Great to see a reviewer follow up and correct or clarify when they get it wrong in the body of the review. There are a few wankers who should take a leaf from his book.

Back
Top Bottom