The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Robert Pepper review coming

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:26 PM
Reaction score
I think that's very market specific, so perhaps someone from that side of the pond could better answer that in a way meaningful to you. 👍

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Research going well...
Screenshot_20230715-175805~2.png

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that DPCU.

I am not a ute owner and hoping you can answer- is there an easy fix to up the payload kg?
Lots of suspension work would be required - which could lead to a change in the driving dynamics etc. 1995 pound capacity is better than any SUV in the states I've seen. My BMW x5d is only about 1300 pounds which is comparable to most of the ones Ive seen. No idea about Jeeps - but I've never been a jeep person.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:26 AM
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that DPCU.

I am not a ute owner and hoping you can answer- is there an easy fix to up the payload kg?
For quite a few common 4wds in Australia you can buy off the shelf kits from aftermarket companies that allow you to legally increase the GVM. In QLD if you use a preapproved kit and installer it won’t require an engineering inspection, in most other states it would require an engineering inspection. There won’t be a kit for the Grenadier for a while so it probably can be done but would require a more complicated engineering solution and certification.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Screenshot_20230718-211930~2.png

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:26 AM
Reaction score
Would spec'ing out a more powerful engine rectify the payload complaints?

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:26 AM
Reaction score
Ruh-roh for Ineos - it looks like Logsplitter might be interested in attending the Town Hall Q&A. :D Seriously though, this could be a PR Boom or big time Bust depending on who attends.

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Would spec'ing out a more powerful engine rectify the payload complaints?
No, it’s about suspension mostly and brakes a bit

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Not in Australia
Engine has nothing to do with it.
Apparently it is ok to put a huge load on a wheezy old truck as long as the suspension and chassis is designed for it.
My 50 yo S3 petrol Landy 1 tonner with drum brakes

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Every drive it threatens to kill me and the planet. But like most old people it deserves to live!
Hah, my 50 year old cars are Jags and even back then Jaguar was using discs, I just upgraded my E-Type discs to vented so it stops really well, although no ABS or traction control so you can still kill yourself and its quite capable of 200kph+ so you can kill yourself spectacularly if you aren’t careful.

Last edited:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
But we drive our precious classics like OAPs so ir's OK 😁

Reactions: Max

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
My Landy "keeps up with modern traffic", just.
Whether it should or not is a moot point.

Reactions: Max

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think
No, it’s about suspension mostly and brakes a bit
i suspect a gvm upgrade for the grenadier will turn out to be relatively easy; its not the engineering that’s limiting capacity, it’s relatively consistent around the globe rules around the 3.5t mark.
unfortunately as a consequence of the agency model Ineos wont be able to sell the upgrade new, at least not without a pile of regulatory problems that are unlikely to be solveable for reasonable money. So unlike the iveco daily option at new, this will be aftermarket.
dont think it will be something i need, but if the brakes are beefy, then perhaps springs is enough?
id be interested if anyone knows, if you say upgrade to 4t gvm, does the total car plus towing limit stay the same? If yes, then you’d infer the brakes will be adequate.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My guess is with the setup the IG has they could have probably given it a 4T payload without much effort- the manufacturer just makes it up anyway from what I’ve heard. Problem is people max things out all the time and push the limits.

But then again I could be wrong. 😉

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think

i suspect a gvm upgrade for the grenadier will turn out to be relatively easy; its not the engineering that’s limiting capacity, it’s relatively consistent around the globe rules around the 3.5t mark.
unfortunately as a consequence of the agency model Ineos wont be able to sell the upgrade new, at least not without a pile of regulatory problems that are unlikely to be solveable for reasonable money. So unlike the iveco daily option at new, this will be aftermarket.
dont think it will be something i need, but if the brakes are beefy, then perhaps springs is enough?
id be interested if anyone knows, if you say upgrade to 4t gvm, does the total car plus towing limit stay the same? If yes, then you’d infer the brakes will be adequate.
I think QLD you may be able to upgrade GCM as well, but not 100% sure, but no, I don’t think a GVM upgrade automatically gives a higher GCM

Back
Top Bottom