The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Black Sheep Inovations

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:20 AM
Reaction score
Thanks That's interesting. In other words, the tire size does not change the height of the vehicle at all?
They will make a small difference the 18s are very slightly talker than the 17s

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:20 AM
Reaction score
Thanks That's interesting. In other words, the tire size does not change the height of the vehicle at all?
Between the 2 sizes there is 1 inch in hight, so 25mm not a big difference but it depends on what you are using the vehicle for. I personally have the 17s as they are readily available. You also do get more sidewall with the 17s and most prefer them for off roading.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230820_102530_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230820_102530_Chrome.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:20 PM
Reaction score
Between the 2 sizes there is 1 inch in hight, so 25mm not a big difference but it depends on what you are using the vehicle for. I personally have the 17s as they are readily available. You also do get more sidewall with the 17s and most prefer them for off roading.
The fitted tire heights is actually only 1/2" or 11mm higher on the 18 rims vs the 17 rims. To determine the extra height the Grenadier sits off the ground you have to take 1/2 of those measurements, which shows the vehicle height difference is just 1/4" or 5.5mm higher on the 18 rims vs the 17 rims with the tires on them that Ineos has specified. (Note: I obtained those measurements by plugging them into a tire calculator). DaBull

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The fitted tire heights is actually only 1/2" or 11mm higher on the 18 rims vs the 17 rims. To determine the extra height the Grenadier sits off the ground you have to take 1/2 of those measurements, which shows the vehicle height difference is just 1/4" or 5.5mm higher on the 18 rims vs the 17 rims with the tires on them that Ineos has specified. (Note: I obtained those measurements by plugging them into a tire calculator). DaBull
See my previous post with tyre comparison picture

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:20 PM
Reaction score

Hi MrMike,

I went back and looked at your posted tire comparison picture, it is correct for comparing a 265 to a 225 aspect ratio tires, however the two different aspect ratio tires being offered on the Grenadier are 265 and 255.

I did look up the Bridgestone tires and the difference in height between the one for the 17” rim and 18” rim is 11 mm or .44” higher in diameter on the 18” rims.

Interestingly, in regard to the BF Goodrich KO2’s, the 18” ones are higher in diameter by 25.4 mm or 1” over the 17” tires.

You would need to take one/half of those tire differences to see what impact they would have on ground clearance.

DaBull

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi MrMike,

I went back and looked at your posted tire comparison picture, it is correct for comparing a 265 to a 225 aspect ratio tires, however the two different aspect ratio tires being offered on the Grenadier are 265 and 255.

I did look up the Bridgestone tires and the difference in height between the one for the 17” rim and 18” rim is 11 mm or .44” higher in diameter on the 18” rims.

Interestingly, in regard to the BF Goodrich KO2’s, the 18” ones are higher in diameter by 25.4 mm or 1” over the 17” tires.

You would need to take one/half of those tire differences to see what impact they would have on ground clearance.

DaBull
My bad, I need to wear my glasses more often :rolleyes:🥸

Back
Top Bottom