The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Road & Track review (USA)

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:04 PM
Reaction score
That explains why it doesn't have a heated front windscreen! The windscreen is 5.5mm thick

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:04 AM
Reaction score
A - Who the hell knew AOL still existed, let alone had a writer sent to the junket. Really, AOL? But it was a good read nonetheless.
B - I hope this writer is correct and has a source of some sort, but there's no way the Grenadier will start at $57,000 in the US. Not happening.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
1:04 PM
Reaction score
A very nice read. His judgment of the grenadier's behavior on the tarmac is reassuring. And it seems that he understands the spirit of the grenadier. (y)

BD1

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:04 AM
Reaction score
I agree - a good read.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
4:04 AM
Reaction score
“Years of development and honing have led to this moment, when about a dozen near-production Grenadiers aimed up an impossible trail in the Scottish Highlands with a group of journalists and writers at the wheel.”

I thought they were full production vehicles, not near production.

Sort of explains why they put a hold on deliveries to fettle out the last jiggles from the journo’s

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:04 PM
Reaction score
“Years of development and honing have led to this moment, when about a dozen near-production Grenadiers aimed up an impossible trail in the Scottish Highlands with a group of journalists and writers at the wheel.”

I thought they were full production vehicles, not near production.

Sort of explains why they put a hold on deliveries to fettle out the last jiggles from the journo’s
Indeed - if you look in to the videos - ( I did not watch all - but in all I watched - if video is from side or from rear - you notice the airbag warning light is on.- That should not happen on a production vehicle. Btw no mentioning from any journalist.

Steveo

Global Grenadier #1009
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:04 PM
Reaction score
Indeed - if you look in to the videos - ( I did not watch all - but in all I watched - if video is from side or from rear - you notice the airbag warning light is on.- That should not happen on a production vehicle. Btw no mentioning from any journalist.
So they could be Takata airbags maybe, or this is where the software update is needed?

Local time
6:04 AM
Reaction score
The first paragraph nails it for me.

"At one point behind the wheel of the Ineos Grenadier, the vehicle nosed down so far that the horizon appeared through the sunroof. Because it was the Scottish horizon, the Grenadier’s porthole-size sunroof framed some distant Loch like a painting. I wanted to hang it on my wall."

Though I likely will never have a chance to explore off road Scotland I hope to find places in my Grenadier where the beauty of the landscape is juxtaposed with some experience and perspective typical vehicles could never offer.

Back
Top Bottom