The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Retrofit Interior Utility rails

Gerritvr4

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:20 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone have a link to aftermarket L-track suppliers (Australia preferred). I've picked up from the different forum threads that you get different sizes and not sure which ones are compatible or rather the same size as what Ineos uses. I am in the process of purchasing a drawer system that uses the INEOS utility rails, but I didn't order them with the car, so want to make sure I buy the correct Track.

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:20 AM
Reaction score
Can you order the parts from the dealership? I didn't get the tracks as well, but have thought about adding them in the future.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:20 AM
Reaction score
L Track can be purchased here. Cut it to size (if needed). AU source, competitive pricing.

Multiple links here for sources around the world.

Most of the third party suppliers quick releases tie downs work on the Grenadier. INEOS used standard L track size.

Last edited:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Wow, that heavy grade Aircraft L Track costs a lot more than our standard grade, over AUD900 for 3.66m.

Last edited:

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Can you order the parts from the dealership? I didn't get the tracks as well, but have thought about adding them in the future.
I just took mine out to install drawers. Haven't made a classified ad yet but DM me if you want to talk.

Khalfan323

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:20 PM
Reaction score
Can’t be retofitted easily as the factory fit interior rails are held by three studs. The non utility rail versions have 2 pre drilled holes.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I assume the 3rd hole is just under the floor mat.
Correct. Someone’s posted photos. I’ll see if I can find it.

Found:
Post in thread 'Installed my boot rubber mat'
https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/installed-my-boot-rubber-mat.12412935/post-1333256638

If someone measures the holes we can compare them to the factory track but I really doubt Ineos would take the time to drill different holes in different bodies when they can just plug a hole with a bolt like in the photo I linked.

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Correct. Someone’s posted photos. I’ll see if I can find it.

Found:
Post in thread 'Installed my boot rubber mat'
https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/installed-my-boot-rubber-mat.12412935/post-1333256638

If someone measures the holes we can compare them to the factory track but I really doubt Ineos would take the time to drill different holes in different bodies when they can just plug a hole with a bolt like in the photo I linked.
I just took a look at mine, looks like all the holes are there? I was assured by Ineos chat that I could add the tracks later if I wanted to, for what it's worth. PXL_20240418_224016536.jpg

Last edited:

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks @MTNDOG. That picture is better. In the vehicles with track, the inner holes on the rings are taped over. I had to open them to install my drawers.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, you can, but they are ridiculously expensive.
For Australian users these maybe able to be fitted, for example, on top of any drawer (on the adjoining sides, not the drawer itself). RV Storage Solutions, look here. The INEOS L tracks are 750mm, these are 600mm.

Here are my INEOS tracks moved to the drawer sides.
full

full

arcteryx33

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:20 AM
Reaction score
Just got done fitting OEM cargo rails to my IG which didnt originally have them. Super simple, started by using a razor blade to cut the nubbins hiding the middle bolts in the cargo liner, then remove the standard OEM tie down points, used 4 black plastci plugs to fill the holes in the floor that are not used, then installed the rails with three bolts per side.

Attachments

• IMG_2923.jpg
    IMG_2923.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2925.jpg
    IMG_2925.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2926.jpg
    IMG_2926.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2927.jpg
    IMG_2927.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2928.jpg
    IMG_2928.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 5

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:20 AM
Reaction score
Just got done fitting OEM cargo rails to my IG which didnt originally have them. Super simple, started by using a razor blade to cut the nubbins hiding the middle bolts in the cargo liner, then remove the standard OEM tie down points, used 4 black plastci plugs to fill the holes in the floor that are not used, then installed the rails with three bolts per side.
Where did you order the OEM rails? When I got my truck I asked and the price seemed much much higher than worth it.

Back
Top Bottom