The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Rear Spotlight mounting!

FlockEwe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:04 PM
Reaction score
Hi all, own a Grenadier Commercial. I've found that the reverse lights are too dim to illuminate the track as you reverse. I want to fit an 8" Lazer lightbar on the gutter rail facing rearwards. Can anyone reccomend a supplier please, or any other ideas on how to mount either a rear facing LED bar or Spotlights! Thanks!
PXL_20231126_154922063.jpg

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:04 AM
Reaction score
This rear mounted UHF aerial might give you some ideas.

On my old Nissan Patrol I had a small LED light fitted low near the towbar. You could do the same with the INEOS and turn the light on when the car is in reverse (by wiring into the reverse circuit). I used a weather sealed Lightforce LED.

Vote:
Upvote 0

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi all, own a Grenadier Commercial. I've found that the reverse lights are too dim to illuminate the track as you reverse. I want to fit an 8" Lazer lightbar on the gutter rail facing rearwards. Can anyone reccomend a supplier please, or any other ideas on how to mount either a rear facing LED bar or Spotlights! Thanks!
View attachment 7833961
maybe not quite what you are looking for but I have lightbar on front roof bar and 2x Lazer work lights on rear roof bar for reversing/working etc etc. Bars are original Rhino ones.

Attachments

• Work lights.jpg
    Work lights.jpg
    285.8 KB · Views: 228
Vote:
Upvote 0

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
couple more pics

Attachments

• Worklight 3.jpg
    Worklight 3.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 155
  • Worklight 2.jpg
    Worklight 2.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 238
Vote:
Upvote 0

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That is great @ECrider , I have asked lazers a question for this fitment. Do I need two separate wiring kits?

Vote:
Upvote 0

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That is great @ECrider , I have asked lazers a question for this fitment. Do I need two separate wiring kits?

I spoke to Joshua at Lazer and asked him to supply DTP fittings and he did, at a cost, problem was he only left about 30cms of cable which is nowhere near long enough. So I extended them with 12awg cable and more DTP plugs so they could marry up with the EXT sockets on the car. You could save yourself the extra cost and just splice 12 awg into the lights cable. With hindsight this is what I would've done.

Vote:
Upvote 0

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I spoke to Joshua at Lazer and asked him to supply DTP fittings and he did, at a cost, problem was he only left about 30cms of cable which is nowhere near long enough. So I extended them with 12awg cable and more DTP plugs so they could marry up with the EXT sockets on the car. You could save yourself the extra cost and just splice 12 awg into the lights cable. With hindsight this is what I would've done.
You are a terrible man - I had to order Roof Bars today from Belton and the Lazer lights, as I liked your solution. Will certainly solve the reversing illumination issue.

I asked Joshua about the front light bar - but they are not going to offer a fitment. I quite like the Snetinels - maybe on the other Roof bar?

Vote:
Upvote 0

Leopold

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:04 PM
Reaction score
Hello Guys,
i had the same Problems a few days ago, since the reserving light is blinding the camera (glare) when its dark.
High mount or a low mount?
a few videos and a picture with the mounting options.
i'm fine with the low mount.
greetings
IMG_3237.jpg

HIGH-Mount:
View attachment Grenadier_Rear_High.webm

LOW-Mount:
View attachment Grenadier_Rear_Low.webm

Last edited:
Vote:
Upvote 0

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hello Guys,
i had the same Problems a few days ago, since the reserving light is blinding the camera (glare) when its dark.
High mount or a low mount?
a few videos and a picture with the mounting options.
i'm fine with the low mount.
greetings
View attachment 7834418

HIGH-Mount:
View attachment 7834415

LOW-Mount:
View attachment 7834414
I personally prefer the HIGH mount!

Vote:
Upvote 0

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:04 AM
Reaction score
I'd be tempted to somehow move the light to the vertical rail of the ladder. Grabbing that top rung looks a bit problematic.
I posted this some time ago:

I used a quick-release fastener for the worklight so that I only attach it when I need it. For example, when coupling trailers in the dark.

Vote:
Upvote 0

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I posted this some time ago:

I used a quick-release fastener for the worklight so that I only attach it when I need it. For example, when coupling trailers in the dark.
What does the quick release fastener look like?

Vote:
Upvote 0

moehni

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
I really like this, what clamp/mount and light is it please?

www.Am...on.de: QIMEI-SHOP Arbeitsleuchten Halterung Universal Light Bar Halterungs 19-32mm für Frontschutzbügel Geländewagen Auto LKW Motorrad Boot 2 Stück​

Vote:
Upvote 0

moehni

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
I'd be tempted to somehow move the light to the vertical rail of the ladder. Grabbing that top rung looks a bit problematic.
I understand your thoughts. But it is still possible to grab the upper rung comfortably. And in my case there are not many times I need to climb up to the roof.

Vote:
Upvote 0

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:04 AM
Reaction score
What does the quick release fastener look like?

Vote:
Upvote 0

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ordered.
Thanks a lot!

Vote:
Upvote 0