The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Commercial Roof bars / roof rack with roller bar fitter above rear door for loading long items. e.g timber, ladders etc.

Unimog 406

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:16 AM
Reaction score
Hi all, I have not found so far any roof rack or roof bars that have been designed for commercial, tradesmen :

1) Designed to finish at the rear of the vehicle roof line, to enable long items to be propped against vehicle clear of the actual roof line so not to cause damage, enabling loads to be pushed up onto the roof or pulled up into position.
2) Have a roller bar at the rear of a roof rack or rear cross bar so timber, ladders, Kayaks can be loaded with more ease and safety by a one person.
3) None of the systems I have seen online show the roof systems mounted as far forward or rearward for maximum load stability or weight distribution and increased load area.

It would be interesting to know the percentage numbers of who's buying the Grenadier, those for recreational purposes and who for business? Especially in the UK

Any thoughts, ideas, criticism or ideas how to survey the forums membership?

Graham P.S I'm only loading the gun I am not a I.T. techy, having very limited computer knowledge.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:16 PM
Reaction score
Hi all, I have not found so far any roof rack or roof bars that have been designed for commercial, tradesmen :

1) Designed to finish at the rear of the vehicle roof line, to enable long items to be propped against vehicle clear of the actual roof line so not to cause damage, enabling loads to be pushed up onto the roof or pulled up into position.
2) Have a roller bar at the rear of a roof rack or rear cross bar so timber, ladders, Kayaks can be loaded with more ease and safety by a one person.
3) None of the systems I have seen online show the roof systems mounted as far forward or rearward for maximum load stability or weight distribution and increased load area.

It would be interesting to know the percentage numbers of who's buying the Grenadier, those for recreational purposes and who for business? Especially in the UK

Any thoughts, ideas, criticism or ideas how to survey the forums membership?

Graham P.S I'm only loading the gun I am not a I.T. techy, having very limited computer knowledge.
A roller is available as an accessory for the Rhino-Rack…

Vote:
Upvote 0

Unimog 406

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:16 AM
Reaction score
Hi Thanks for the information and link
I would be looking for a full width roller at the rear that is wide enough for ladders and to use across the full rack width.

Vote:
Upvote 0

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:16 PM
Reaction score
Hi Thanks for the information and link
I would be looking for a full width roller at the rear that is wide enough for ladders and to use across the full rack width.
Would you not just do 2x 680mm (or 1020mm + 470mm) width, if the longest offered (1020mm) was insufficient?
Rack os 1590mm wide in total, cross bars 1700mm.

Vote:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom