The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Raised Air Intake Grille - Lost

Craig

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:28 PM
Reaction score
It appears my raised air intake grille is somewhere between Perth and Margaret River...I see someone else lost theirs on first off road trip, but mine hasn't been off the tarmac yet! I will try to get a replacement under warranty. If this is a no, any ideas for replacement?
IMG_2366.jpeg

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:28 AM
Reaction score
I think this is the second or third RAI grille lost that's been reported here. Is it press-fit only?

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:28 AM
Reaction score
It appears my raised air intake grille is somewhere between Perth and Margaret River...I see someone else lost theirs on first off road trip, but mine hasn't been off the tarmac yet! I will try to get a replacement under warranty. If this is a no, any ideas for replacement?
View attachment 7853747
HI @Craig if you can't get the grille as a spare part, the only thing I can think of is 3D printing. There may be a similar pattern in the databases that can be adapted to the base area.

bbq4133

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
View attachment 7853747

I'm the one that lost it off road. The grill is not available separately, at least not in the US. I chose to get the pre-cleaner cyclonic intake as I believe it's fastened a bit better with the metal collar.

Reactions: PBD

bbq4133

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I never tried the warranty route since it could have been a branch, but the intake itself is spotless. Yours falling off confirms my suspicions it's just not very durable.

Good luck.

Reactions: PBD

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:28 AM
Reaction score
Might be overkill, but I've attached bungee cord just in case.
View attachment 7853838
Hi Grnamin, I also have a raised air intake. I am wondering if there is any reason to ever pull the grill off of the RAI. It there is no reason to do so, then perhaps simply caulking it or gluing it on would keep it from ever falling off. Anyone like to weigh in on this. DaBull

Back
Top Bottom