The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Problems with air conditioning, water

Augustin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:55 AM
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I don't know if it fits in here (otherwise please move or delete my post), but I have problems with the air conditioning.

It started in the summer with rainwater flowing into the car. Attached is a video taken while driving in the rain. Water was running into the passenger's footwell. This was then remedied by the dealer (some kind of silicone measure; the front cover seal was obviously not in place).

However, since the measure was taken, water has been dripping into the driver's footwell (see further video attachment). This was not the case before. And this has not yet been addressed. I suspect that it is condensation from the air conditioning system. I wrote to the dealer about a week ago and I assume that they're checking/coordinating in the background.

Does anyone know of this problem with the air conditioning?

Best regards,
Augustin

Attachments

• Beifahrer_vorher.mp4
    1.4 MB
  • Fahrer_nachher.mp4
    3.8 MB

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:55 AM
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I don't know if it fits in here (otherwise please move or delete my post), but I have problems with the air conditioning.

It started in the summer with rainwater flowing into the car. Attached is a video taken while driving in the rain. Water was running into the passenger's footwell. This was then remedied by the dealer (some kind of silicone measure; the front cover seal was obviously not in place).

However, since the measure was taken, water has been dripping into the driver's footwell (see further video attachment). This was not the case before. And this has not yet been addressed. I suspect that it is condensation from the air conditioning system. I wrote to the dealer about a week ago and I assume that they're checking/coordinating in the background.

Does anyone know of this problem with the air conditioning?

Best regards,
Augustin
The topic of leaking aircondition and water entry is known in the forum and there are several reports on cause and how to resolve.
Look for "Leak", Water in Footwell etc. when you search.
Many cases relate to aircon condensate
A few (rare was a leaking hose from heater) but then the water is lightly greenish. According to the picture it seems condensate.
The other issue of water entry - via door is a bit unusual.. I know of the boot / shoe shower when opening the door .. but that was only in the first days of use in my case.
It has significantly reduced to almost non existent now at mine.
But no water entry from doors, cooling, ventilation or safaris since handover.

Tony S

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:55 AM
Reaction score
Thanks for this information as I have the some problem on a long road trip. I’ll use your insights to diagnose further.

Back
Top Bottom