The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Pricing out, next steps?

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:36 PM
Reaction score
So the pricing is out and we have on May 31 more information coming out on how to order and then until June 30 to place orders.

Does anyone have any vision as to when we have to put down more money and when that becomes nonrefundable?

I’m still on the fence, it’s more than I thought. And the reports of electrical gremlins from the EU doesn’t sit well.

Local time
2:36 PM
Reaction score
No idea on the refund side of things but support your comments. You can't sell a product on simplicity and expect people to value that principle if you have no history, only a few service centers and many software issues. It is priced at a point that forces me to build every other competitor in the US to validate my decision before locking in an order.

That refund date is going to be critical as reliability plays out with vehicles making it to the road in other markets.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Does anyone have any vision as to when we have to put down more money and when that becomes nonrefundable?
IA will not require any additional deposits (as per GC himself) but I am uncertain if there's a cut off date upon which our initial $450 reservation fee will still be refundable.

Local time
Reaction score
It’s also worth remembering that IA is using the term “pre-order” rather than “order.” I would wager that our pre-orders remain as such—and the deposit fully refundable—until dealers are announced at the end of summer and we have the opportunity to convert the pre-order to an actual order through the dealer.

I’m also curious to see the terms and conditions that presumably accompany the pre-order submission, e.g., whether price guarantee and deposit refund cut-off date are addressed.

JATT

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:36 PM
Reaction score
IG Fieldmaster(FM) have all the checks I want except for the 18' Alloy rim/tires. I'll be upgrading the Rims/Tires anyways.
If I configure the base model with all the right checks, its perfect. But, its not a FieldMaster(FM) model anymore and just the base model with options.

Does the FM and TM trims comes with badging to differentiate ?

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It’s also worth remembering that IA is using the term “pre-order” rather than “order.” I would wager that our pre-orders remain as such—and the deposit fully refundable—until dealers are announced at the end of summer and we have the opportunity to convert the pre-order to an actual order through the dealer.

I’m also curious to see the terms and conditions that presumably accompany the pre-order submission, e.g., whether price guarantee and deposit refund cut-off date are addressed.
I don’t know how the agency or whatever system used overseas works, but what you guys have laid out makes sense. A non-refundable deposit, when you haven’t worked out the particulars with the dealer seems fraught with problems.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
IG Fieldmaster(FM) have all the checks I want except for the 18' Alloy rim/tires. I'll be upgrading the Rims/Tires anyways.
If I configure the base model with all the right checks, its perfect. But, its not a FieldMaster(FM) model anymore and just the base model with options.

Does the FM and TM trims comes with badging to differentiate ?
Yes, there's a little metal placard on the left side under the windshield. I'm sure an actual owner can post a pic.

Besides that badge, however, I am not sure if there's any other badging to differentiate the different models. I assume it's verifiable within the VIN number though.

This image was posted by DCPU and shows the "standard" placard that all IGs get. The TM and FM have different ones in the same location. As an aside, I think a club specific badge would be a perfect replacement in that location. Perhaps in due time.

full

Last edited:

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:36 PM
Reaction score
I’m still on the fence, it’s more than I thought. And the reports of electrical gremlins from the EU doesn’t sit well.
I think you have to place them in context.

I don't think anyone has driven back to the agent's and handed the keys back yet?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Plus, by the time Dec. rolls around the software should (hopefully) be sorted.

Also, the battery voltage seems to be part of this too.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
You can't sell a product on simplicity and expect people to value that principle if you have no history, only a few service centers
I don't remember simplicity ~ reliability, dependability yes.

and many software issues.
A few reported widely, so consistent. It would, conversely, be a bigger issue if only a few were having the issues.

It is priced at a point that forces me to build every other competitor in the US to validate my decision before locking in an order.
Interested to know who are genuine competitors?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, there's a little metal placard on the left side under the windshield. I'm sure an actual owner can post a pic.
I'm an owner but these two aren't mine:
FB_IMG_1674394290598.jpgINEOS-Grenadier-Expedition-1.0-0171.jpg

Besides that badge, however, I am not sure if there's any other badging to differentiate the different models. I assume it's verifiable within the VIN number though.
I'm not sure it is in the current VIN nomenclature.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve never leased a car before, but we are all just talking MSRP. If I did a two year lease, it could give some protection in case these are not as reliable as we hope. Just walk away if they are lemons. Lease agreements have a set ‘buy’ price at the end of the lease term? So that would protect me from the high and low side?

But I assume that the lease companies- I don’t see IG leasing themselves(?)- would factor all that into the lease pricing?

Am I getting the concept right?

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve never leased a car before, but we are all just talking MSRP. If I did a two year lease, it could give some protection in case these are not as reliable as we hope. Just walk away if they are lemons. Lease agreements have a set ‘buy’ price at the end of the lease term? So that would protect me from the high and low side?

But I assume that the lease companies- I don’t see IG leasing themselves(?)- would factor all that into the lease pricing?

Am I getting the concept right?
Doesn't hurt to ask about the lease details. It would give you an out if the company folds or it's an unreliable jalopy, but if you end up buying at the end it could be extra money if the set residual value is high.

Local time
Reaction score
Ineos told me on a website chat last week that all of the $450 deposits will be refunded to everyone, including those making an order and details would be released soon how/when that would be done.

They also told me after I preorder during the 30 day window beginning on May 31, that I can back out at any time, even after delivery up until I sign the contract. So basically no risk if my dealer sucks, I determine there are too many problems as the Euro folks get more seat time in these, etc.

In a sense, I'm glad the U.S. is a delayed recipient, as it will give Ineos time to clean up the initial little gremlins on our builds. Hopefully the figure that soon, as I assume some of our builds will begin in late summer/early fall.

Local time
Reaction score
They also told me after I preorder during the 30 day window beginning on May 31, that I can back out at any time, even after delivery up until I sign the contract.
I'll be curious to hear the official word from IA (if any) on this. I would prefer a pre-delivery written agreement with the dealership that locks the price.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'll be curious to hear the official word from IA (if any) on this. I would prefer a pre-delivery written agreement with the dealership that locks the price.
I'm sure the dealer contract will include pricing. As soon as I was assigned a dealer with my Bronco reservation I had them commit in writing to MSRP. Plan on doing the same for the IG.

Local time
Reaction score
I'm sure the dealer contract will include pricing. As soon as I was assigned a dealer with my Bronco reservation I had them commit in writing to MSRP. Plan on doing the same for the IG.
I'm sure it will too. I was commenting on the fact that @40man was told he could cancel after delivery without penalty, which I interpreted to mean no contract until after delivery. But I agree with your approach.

Local time
Reaction score
I'm sure it will too. I was commenting on the fact that @40man was told he could cancel after delivery without penalty, which I interpreted to mean no contract until after delivery. But I agree with your approach.
I plan to do the same. If the dealer won't commit I'll transfer to one that will.

Local time
Reaction score
I don't remember simplicity ~ reliability, dependability yes.

A few reported widely, so consistent. It would, conversely, be a bigger issue if only a few were having the issues.

Interested to know who are genuine competitors?

That depends on the parameters. Where I'm stuck (and have posted elsewhere) is that price point competition is deep - in my case, it is a new F350 diesel 4WD SRW (has solid axels front and rear, better towing capacity headroom for my needs, and better fuel economy). Having owned Ford trucks since 2003, they have been almost bulletproof.

If the competitor is supposed to be a "defender substitute", then Id be looking at used Land Cruisers, G-Wagons, new Wranglers/Gladiators, the new 4 Runner, a Bronco, etc. Any of these choices are "proven" in terms of their reliability and durability and replacement parts are plentiful. And one should fairly look at the new Defender, if you can tolerate their terrible reliability history.

Texas Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
2:36 PM
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on building it from scratch and only having the standard badging versus building a Trialmaster or a Fieldmaster? For example, if you build a bespoke version from scratch, how will this affect delivery time vs. building a TM or a FM? I really wish they would make a fieldmaster with the 17 inch alloys.

Back
Top Bottom