The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Pricing out, next steps?

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:34 AM
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on building it from scratch and only having the standard badging versus building a Trialmaster or a Fieldmaster? For example, if you build a bespoke version from scratch, how will this affect delivery time vs. building a TM or a FM? I really wish they would make a fieldmaster with the 17 inch alloys.
Hi Texas Grenadier, Although both a base station wagon and Trial Master have any rim and tire choice, for reasons unknown, the Field Master only rim choice is 18" alloys. I reached out directly to Ineos to change the configurator and offer the Field Master the same rim choices, however they responded that at this time there will not be any other choice on the Field Master for rims other than the 18" alloy. From spending a lot of time on configuring a Grenadier, if your looking to keep your price down and just choose a couple options go with the base station wagon, and configure up from there. However if your looking to get a lot of the options and don't care for the premium sound system and would prefer a second battery, then configure from the Trial Master. That way you have all rim / tire choices and I have found you save a little money and end effectively with some free items too. DaBull

Texas Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
1:34 PM
Reaction score
Hi Texas Grenadier, Although both a base station wagon and Trial Master have any rim and tire choice, for reasons unknown, the Field Master only rim choice is 18" alloys. I reached out directly to Ineos to change the configurator and offer the Field Master the same rim choices, however they responded that at this time there will not be any other choice on the Field Master for rims other than the 18" alloy. From spending a lot of time on configuring a Grenadier, if your looking to keep your price down and just choose a couple options go with the base station wagon, and configure up from there. However if your looking to get a lot of the options and don't care for the premium sound system and would prefer a second battery, then configure from the Trial Master. That way you have all rim / tire choices and I have found you save a little money and end effectively with some free items too. DaBull
Thanks Debull. I appreciate your insight and agree with you. I don’t want the extra battery and prefer the premium sound so it looks like I have to build from scratch to get the premium sound with all the bells and whistles of a fieldmaster with 17 inch alloys. Do you think building from scratch instead of taking the fieldmaster or the Trialmaster will delay in delivery or build time?

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
For me it's a Trialmaster over the standard just because adding the packs drives up the price. I do want the safari windows and leather but speccing up the FM with the rough bits is more than adding the lux bits to the TM.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:34 PM
Reaction score
Thanks Debull. I appreciate your insight and agree with you. I don’t want the extra battery and prefer the premium sound so it looks like I have to build from scratch to get the premium sound with all the bells and whistles of a fieldmaster with 17 inch alloys. Do you think building from scratch instead of taking the fieldmaster or the Trialmaster will delay in delivery or build time?
I’d have to think that’s a black hole right now. They might not even know until they see the breakdown of the orders. The one area that the badge may affect is the resale but that’s even more of a guess. I’m sure in 20 years we’ll see classifieds for these cars with people touting that they still have the jacket that came with it in the original packaging.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Texas Grenadier, When I was last using the configurator a week ago when it was still up, I tried building up from a base station wagon to see if I could spec the Premium Sound System. I would then save that build configuration on the site. The problem was that whenever I went back to that saved configuration to edit it, it always gave me a conflict and made me uncheck and take away premium sound. Not sure what the conflict was as I was not also optioning a second battery. Perhaps having the Aux High Load Panel option checked was causing the conflict and then again maybe the configurator has a software conflict in it, LOL. Not sure if others experienced the same thing I did.
DaBull

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:34 AM
Reaction score
Hi Texas Grenadier, When I was last using the configurator a week ago when it was still up, I tried building up from a base station wagon to see if I could spec the Premium Sound System. I would then save that build configuration on the site. The problem was that whenever I went back to that saved configuration to edit it, it always gave me a conflict and made me uncheck and take away premium sound. Not sure what the conflict was as I was not also optioning a second battery. Perhaps having the Aux High Load Panel option checked was causing the conflict and then again maybe the configurator has a software conflict in it, LOL. Not sure if others experienced the same thing I did.
DaBull
Not sure why you would select premium sound from the factory and fill up that useful space.
There are so many aftermarket premium sound systems that would inevitably be much better.
What is the point of a subwoofer mounted under the rear seat in an enclosed space???

Texas Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
1:34 PM
Reaction score
For me it's a Trialmaster over the standard just because adding the packs drives up the price. I do want the safari windows and leather but speccing up the FM with the rough bits is more than adding the lux bits to the TM.
DaBull
Interesting indeed. I’ll look out for that on Wednesday! Thx for you help

Local time
12:34 PM
Reaction score
Not sure why you would select premium sound from the factory and fill up that useful space.
There are so many aftermarket premium sound systems that would inevitably be much better.
What is the point of a subwoofer mounted under the rear seat in an enclosed space???
I've been curious as to what "premium sound" actually means - if it's just a subwoofer and amp, then yes, I think you can do better with a box in the rear - unless you are a cars-that-go-boom person, some of the low profile ones work great to fill in the sound. You can even look at the marine world and get some water resistance. But it it also comes with upgraded speakers in other places, then it might be worth it?

I don't know, for me I'd rather have the second battery and high-load stuff all pre-wired from the factory, new speakers are relatively easy.

Back
Top Bottom