The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Power take-off/400W: Hard to add later?

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:33 AM
Reaction score
So Ineos says that it is:

"There is one domestic socket in the second row (rear of centre armrest/console) and one in the cargo / loadspace. Both are rated at 3.2 Amps."

So it is $700 for this and you have to get the battery also, for $900. Ouch.

My Tahoe and Wrangler have outlets for free…. I don’t need it. I’m more interested in ‘future’ proofing the vehicle- don’t skimp on an option that can’t be added later or would be reallly expensive. I was passing on the battery, since that tech gets better and cheaper over time and easy to install. The outlets seem useful, but I’m not clear on how ‘retro-fixable‘ they are? Obviously, getting the outlets in the same places would be a lot, but if I buy a battery and inverter later, just run a couple of extension cords?

Outlets are nice for chargers/gear that don’t have a USB option (less and less each year) and maybe run tool or some kind of cooling device. Maybe a TV under a 270 degree awning for a tailgate…. Anyway, the battery and inverter don’t have any real ‘day-one’ advantage over later, do they? Planning on the High capacity panel- no plans for it, but hard to retro later.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:33 PM
Reaction score
So Ineos says that it is:

So it is $700 for this and you have to get the battery also, for $900. Ouch.

My Tahoe and Wrangler have outlets for free…. I don’t need it. I’m more interested in ‘future’ proofing the vehicle- don’t skimp on an option that can’t be added later or would be reallly expensive. I was passing on the battery, since that tech gets better and cheaper over time and easy to install. The outlets seem useful, but I’m not clear on how ‘retro-fixable‘ they are? Obviously, getting the outlets in the same places would be a lot, but if I buy a battery and inverter later, just run a couple of extension cords?

Outlets are nice for chargers/gear that don’t have a USB option (less and less each year) and maybe run tool or some kind of cooling device. Maybe a TV under a 270 degree awning for a tailgate…. Anyway, the battery and inverter don’t have any real ‘day-one’ advantage over later, do they? Planning on the High capacity panel- no plans for it, but hard to retro later.
Three things you can only get from the start/factory fitted
  • Hi load wiring and switches
  • Front and rear diff locks (different axles)
  • Safari windows

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Three things you can only get from the start/factory fitted
  • Hi load wiring and switches
  • Front and rear diff locks (different axles)
  • Safari windows
And the winch if you want it hidden inside OEM bar. But already one aftermarket option that at least partially replaces the bumper and sits higher

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
And the winch if you want it hidden inside OEM bar. But already one aftermarket option that at least partially replaces the bumper and sits higher
I optioned the front tow hitch so I could add the winch later if I wanted to.
The tow hitch comes with all the wiring for the winch, the flip up number plate and the recesses for winch and winch free spool lever
At the time it was only an extra $370 now it is $1,320
1686356208266.png 1686356248487.png

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:33 PM
Reaction score
I optioned the front tow hitch so I could add the winch later if I wanted to.
The tow hitch comes with all the wiring for the winch, the flip up number plate and the recesses for winch and winch free spool lever
At the time it was only an extra $370 now it is $1,320
View attachment 7815751 View attachment 7815752
You did well getting it at $370. I optioned it in June last year and it was $620 then, still a lot cheaper than the current price.

As an aside I’ll be interested to see what is the final load rating Ineos give it. Also recent speculation from the dealer is the front hitch may be why my car seems to be stuck in batch and hold at the factory…. Supply issues??

cheers
Steve

Local time
Reaction score
I believe IA warned against using the front tow hitch for winch applications--someone posted about it several weeks ago. I'll try to find it.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I believe IA warned against using the front tow hitch for winch applications--someone posted about it several weeks ago. I'll try to find it.
Yes they said not to use the portable winch
It does come with all the wiring so i can remove it and mount the permanent winch if needed.

Oskar

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:33 PM
Reaction score
I do not remember it (Power take-off) was available when I order my car. Has it anyone equipped in a delivered car already? Would love to see the wiring.

Any thought how to fit it later now regardless if it is the Ineos solution or from a 3rd party?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I do not remember it (Power take-off) was available when I order my car. Has it anyone equipped in a delivered car already? Would love to see the wiring.

Any thought how to fit it later now regardless if it is the Ineos solution or from a 3rd party?
Power take off is only an option on 2024s, none of those will be delivered until close to the end of this year.

Oskar

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:33 PM
Reaction score
Power take off is only an option on 2024s, none of those will be delivered until close to the end of this year.
Thanks for the info. Still interesting if it is a retrofit option for the 2023 models.

Back
Top Bottom