The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Power steering noise

Eric.S.

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:17 PM
Reaction score
Hello everyone;) I was finally able to pick up my grenadier yesterday🥳 Unfortunately, I noticed at home that my power steering makes a strange noise. I think it's not a normal noise, or? The filling level in the container was at maximum with the engine warm but switched off. The German instructions do not say exactly in which condition the oil should be checked. Does anyone have an idea? I tried to post a video but I always see the file is too big (7mb)
Thank you;)

bradb622

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
My local dealer heard back from Ineos that this is normal and different pumps will have different levels of loudness. It is however a common reaction that people think my vehicle ‘sounds broken’ when are they first checking it out. If windows are up and going above 20mph I don’t hear it all.

Vote:
Upvote 0

bradb622

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I should add they suggested after market insulation may be an option and I’ll look into that. I feel like this is an issue that will vary vehicle to vehicle and whether it’s annoying will probably vary from person to person.

Vote:
Upvote 0

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:17 AM
Reaction score
I should add they suggested after market insulation may be an option and I’ll look into that. I feel like this is an issue that will vary vehicle to vehicle and whether it’s annoying will probably vary from person to person.
That's a good steer Brad, pun intended.
The electric motor and pump combo are not particularly quiet so assessing what is a normal sound is subjective.

Vote:
Upvote 0

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:17 AM
Reaction score
My local dealer heard back from Ineos that this is normal and different pumps will have different levels of loudness. It is however a common reaction that people think my vehicle ‘sounds broken’ when are they first checking it out. If windows are up and going above 20mph I don’t hear it all.
HI bradb622, I dont' hear a thing from my steering pump. Tell them you want another steering pump installed. DaBull

Vote:
Upvote 0

Michaelandthebees

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I was watching a video on YouTube and incidentally the Grenadier power steering was whining a bit and I thought about this thread and was wondering if there was any updates lately from Ineos on the folks that were having this issue. Just curious.

Hi, I have had no response from my NSW-based agent at all. There is a price to be paid from being an early adopter!
At 5,000 km the noise persists making the driving experience under 40kmh pretty poor. No issue at higher speed.

FYI - I've also picked up a rattle behind the centre console under acceleration, a squeal in the air-conditioning fan when on it's higher settings (3 and 4), the drivers push button in the door sticks within the lock, meaning until it is worked loose the front door will not lock, and the car sets off the rear passenger seatbelt alarm the drive after rear passengers have been in the car.

More updates when available.

Vote:
Upvote 0

Michaelandthebees

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
FYI - regarding noise levels - my biggest learning is that many of the folk I have talked to who have not got the problem ( or cannot detect in my vehicle ) also have low - or have lost - their high frequency hearing.

Vote:
Upvote 0

Michaelandthebees

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi, I have had no response from my NSW-based agent at all. There is a price to be paid from being an early adopter!
At 5,000 km the noise persists making the driving experience under 40kmh pretty poor. No issue at higher speed.

FYI - I've also picked up a rattle behind the centre console under acceleration, a squeal in the air-conditioning fan when on it's higher settings (3 and 4), the drivers push button in the door sticks within the lock, meaning until it is worked loose the front door will not lock, and the car sets off the rear passenger seatbelt alarm the drive after rear passengers have been in the car.

More updates when available.
Latest news - all issues remain unresolved ( and the new "servicing days countdown" visual alarm that comes on every 10 seconds, for 10 seconds !). I'm switching from my NSW Central Coast agent to a Sydney one - where I think the care factor seems much higher!

Vote:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom