The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Power steering noise

Eric.S.

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:37 AM
Reaction score
Hello everyone;) I was finally able to pick up my grenadier yesterday🥳 Unfortunately, I noticed at home that my power steering makes a strange noise. I think it's not a normal noise, or? The filling level in the container was at maximum with the engine warm but switched off. The German instructions do not say exactly in which condition the oil should be checked. Does anyone have an idea? I tried to post a video but I always see the file is too big (7mb)
Thank you;)

AWo

Local time
3:37 PM
Reaction score
Does it always make a noise or only at the at both ends of the steering angle?

AWo

Vote:
Upvote 0

Eric.S.

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Does it always make a noise or only at the at both ends of the steering angle?

AWo
Sobald ich einschlage, op viel oder nicht viel. Lässt man das Lenkrad in Ruhe ist es nach 30 sek. weg. Muss das Öl bei laufendem Motor kontroliert werden?

Vote:
Upvote 0

AWo

Local time
Reaction score
Hmmmm....

Ich frag mal auf der AA ein paar Händler, ob die das Geräusch auch haben/kennen oder verkaufen.

Gruß
AWo

Vote:
Upvote 0

Eric.S.

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hmmmm....

Ich frag mal auf der AA ein paar Händler, ob die das Geräusch auch haben/kennen oder verkaufen.

Gruß
AWo
Oh das wäre sehr sehr nett😁Ich weis nicht wie ich es hinbekomme eine Video zu posten das würde die Sache vereinfachen;(

Vote:
Upvote 0

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:37 PM
Reaction score
what sort of noise... is it a high pitched "squeal" or a grinding noise or a vibration or does it sound like the pump is straining under load? it may be that the pump is cavitating because there is air in the system... a short video with sound would be helpful for us "armchair" experts!:LOL:

Vote:
Upvote 0

Eric.S.

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
what sort of noise... is it a high pitched "squeal" or a grinding noise or a vibration or does it sound like the pump is straining under load? it may be that the pump is cavitating because there is air in the system... a short video with sound would be helpful for us "armchair" experts!:LOL:
I can‘t post a video thats my problem;(

Vote:
Upvote 0

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:37 PM
Reaction score
I have that noise also . It is a high pitch one . It only happens when you move the steering wheel. If you are stationary with hands off the wheel no noise , once you move it even a bit the noise comes back and then goes away after a few seconds once the steering is let go .
I noticed this when picking up my grenadier and i asked the dealer , they advised that they had noticed it also but it was the same across all the vehicles they have .
Not sure what it means yet.

Vote:
Upvote 0

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I only notice a soft squeaking when I turn the wheel at lowest speed. It’s more like rubber rubbing against rubber .

Vote:
Upvote 0

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I hope this doesn’t lead to the same problem I had yesterday with power steering error message and loss of power steering 😳

Vote:
Upvote 0

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
On other vehicles I have heard a 'Swoosh' type noise only when on full lock which is likely to be some form of bypass valve operating. Out with being on full lock I don't believe there should be any pronounced noises from the steering. Certainly isn't on mine. Yet! :rolleyes:
As for oil levels. It has always been my understanding that levels should be taken with engine off and ideally, cool.

Vote:
Upvote 0

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:37 PM
Reaction score
On other vehicles I have heard a 'Swoosh' type noise only when on full lock which is likely to be some form of bypass valve operating. Out with being on full lock I don't believe there should be any pronounced noises from the steering. Certainly isn't on mine. Yet! :rolleyes:
As for oil levels. It has always been my understanding that levels should be taken with engine off and ideally, cool.
Does the Ineos PS not have both cold and hot level marks?
Another thing - PS does not like to be held at full lock .

Vote:
Upvote 0

Eric.S.

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have that noise also . It is a high pitch one . It only happens when you move the steering wheel. If you are stationary with hands off the wheel no noise , once you move it even a bit the noise comes back and then goes away after a few seconds once the steering is let go .
I noticed this when picking up my grenadier and i asked the dealer , they advised that they had noticed it also but it was the same across all the vehicles they have .
Not sure what it means yet.
That's exactly what I mean😅 Ok if everyone does it, it's ok for me (at least I hope)

Vote:
Upvote 0

Eric.S.

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I only notice a soft squeaking when I turn the wheel at lowest speed. It’s more like rubber rubbing against rubber .
Hmm no, sounds hydraulic, a valve or something. Don't think it comes from the pump itself.

Vote:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom